What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

~PIFF~ A.K.A. Uptown Haze/Frankies/Church. Preserving a Heritage...

silverhazefiend

"Aint no love in the heart of the city"
Veteran
I bought some haze from one of the spots not to long ago and it's NOTHING like what we used to get ..only similarities are that there both haze ..tbh it's over for that haze and that era ..as much as people wanna belive and hang on to memories it's gone ..

The man Responsible for the haze has been arrested since 2010 ..the reason the haze stopped by 05-07 was bc the people growing it got busted in Florida in 07 under a fed sting ..prior to this the same man geovanny Rodriguez Perez was brining it in from 92 ..by the TRUCKLOAD I mean trailer trucks from 92 ..all of this info is public knowledge anybody that wants to read for them self can type in geovanny and read his indictment its 120 pages explains most of everything he ran the piff like a monster ..Kareem bigs is out now after doing 5 years

One other strain I see talked about sometimes was the choclate ..which was also sold late 90s early 2000s ..it was sold in little square blocks and was the HARDEST shit in the world u COULD NOT break this with ur hand and scissors made ur hands hurt ..u would have to get like a aluminum like gum wrappers put the weed in it and heat it up ..it would swell and separate ..people loved the shit ..come to find out it was only MEXICAN regular weed ..not Arizona I mean regular ..they would press it all into bricks and make squares ..the gimmick made millions ..

My only unanswered question after all these years is who supplied us first Florida or California ..the indictment states his Florida buddies got busted in 07 under operation green venom but he wasn't arrested till 2010 ..in that time he was talking about his contacts in California so I would assume California came after ..the one thing that stood out to me a lot is the time frame of that tk people also call it the 92 og right ? The first known import from him came in 92 so to have og or diesel in NYC in the early 90s was not unheard of ..so when soma makes claims like finding seed In "diesel" from 98 it could be true ..There was a lot of diesel and sativas here b4 ecsd was made

HOVA

Veteran
I think chasing ghost should be left to the ghost busters lol
Im pretty sure you fellas posting on this thread mostly like have some grow skills
So why not create some new east coast legend strains of its time and the let the new growers chase your legacy?
Plenty of fire cuts to mix and match
Cant go wrong trying
atleast thats what happened when the breeders who made the cuts your lusting took chance on
Just saying

EASTSIDE FOR LIFE!!

FireIn.TheSky

It's not a ghost it's just most ppl would rather rehash old stories and sit and wait for some clone to be delivered to them. If you want results you have to put in the work, it's out there, it's a pheno hunt but it's there.

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
I would love to try the Piff from about 10-15 years ago. Sadly don't live in NY but have plenty of family up there still so its always one of those things on my mind when I talk to one of them. Had a friend that went up there over the new years and he linked up with some cousins who smoked him out with the best they could find. I asked him about the Piff and he just looked at me and said nah couldn't get none of that this time. Not meaning its not there but I would have imagined him coming back singing praises bout the Piff if he would have encountered it on his last trip. Said back in the day though lol. Wish I could go back in the day :).

I managed to grab a pack of Chimera Frank's Incense Haze and will be thoroughly going through them in hopefully not to long. Hoping to also get a pack of Simply Irresistable, need some Piff in my life ;). Also like HOVA said lets take what we got and make the next legends. For a few of us out there the thrill is still in the hunt. GL and take care 1

T

thesloppy

I managed to grab a pack of Chimera Frank's Incense Haze and will be thoroughly going through them in hopefully not to long. Hoping to also get a pack of Simply Irresistable, need some Piff in my life ;). Also like HOVA said lets take what we got and make the next legends. For a few of us out there the thrill is still in the hunt. GL and take care 1

At the risk of repeating stuff in the thread that you may already know: According to Chimera those Frank's Incense Haze have absolutely no connection/relation to Piff, they just coincidentally mention a dude named Frank, Incense, Haze (and NYC).

FireIn.TheSky

At the risk of repeating stuff in the thread that you may already know: According to Chimera those Frank's Incense Haze have absolutely no connection/relation to Piff, they just coincidentally mention a dude named Frank, Incense, Haze (and NYC).

Not a single person has even reported finding anything that smells like church incense. This is a cunning play on words to dupe customers with loose wallets.

Hrpuffnkush

Golden Coast
Veteran
i may be wrong but isn't piff , purple haze?
if so i have some of those going right now , but I'm sure theres gonna be some hermie issues lol or else it wouldnt be real haze...
what ever haze i have haze a super narley church frankincense floral type smell

HOVA

Veteran
if so i have some of those going right now , but I'm sure theres gonna be some hermie issues lol or else it wouldnt be real haze...

Send it this way and ill rework that bitch and bring it up to2016 speed!
Eastside!!!!!

HOVA

Veteran
I would love to try the Piff from about 10-15 years ago. Sadly don't live in NY but have plenty of family up there still so its always one of those things on my mind when I talk to one of them. Had a friend that went up there over the new years and he linked up with some cousins who smoked him out with the best they could find. I asked him about the Piff and he just looked at me and said nah couldn't get none of that this time. Not meaning its not there but I would have imagined him coming back singing praises bout the Piff if he would have encountered it on his last trip. Said back in the day though lol. Wish I could go back in the day :).

Crack that pack and dig dig dig
You never bro it just might come out so good that frank himself
Will hug u for it!

bigherb

Veteran

Old story piff is just slang for Haze

Santa Cruz OHaze didn't have hermie issues

Quote from Sams

The Original Hazes never did have much hermis, maybe the Haze with Thai bloodlines had a few. We just never used hermis for breeding period.
They also traditionally gave 60-70 % the the plants female, the sex ratio was not 50/50.
All my best Original Hazes orver the years were late maturing not early.
BTW Original Haze is not Dutch genetics, it was developed in California, moved to Netherlands.

-SamS

Btw fellas NYC Haze anint Dead just not flooded like she was way back . Check our brother loyalty7 thread for a look at the real

1luvbigherb

FireIn.TheSky

Church and Frankie is in reference to frankinscence smell.

I believe it's a select pheno of a Dutch haze not purple haze.

bigherb

Veteran
Church and Frankie is in reference to frankinscence smell.

I believe it's a select pheno of a Dutch haze not purple haze.

Definitely not purple Haze

The Purple Haze of the 70's was known to those in the circle as the root beer pheno

I've never seen a purple haze uptown ever in all my years

The uptown purple Haze was never purple , at least what I was introduced as purple haze uptown , also it is still around . It's what my crew dubbed the popcorn . It's what I imagine a fine Colombian to be like . Spicy Rich buttery lingering taste

1luvbigherb

D3pthCharg3

I disagree with Chimers hazes not being incensey...I got some excellent definitely incensey,woody,leathery, perfumy haze in the Simply Irresistible by Chimera. The Frankies Incense Haze presented no qualities like that in the plants I started, more piney and citrusy. There is some nice plants to be had in the Chimera hazes, I believe from descriptions Ive read, definatly Piff-like. I will be going through his new cross pairing the haze female to a chem bx. These smells can also be found in Connoisseur's Haze freak, check my pics in his section.

T

thesloppy

I disagree with Chimers hazes not being incensey...I got some excellent definitely incensey,woody,leathery, perfumy haze in the Simply Irresistible by Chimera. The Frankies Incense Haze presented no qualities like that in the plants I started, more piney and citrusy. There is some nice plants to be had in the Chimera hazes, I believe from descriptions Ive read, definatly Piff-like. I will be going through his new cross pairing the haze female to a chem bx. These smells can also be found in Connoisseur's Haze freak, check my pics in his section.

Yeah, to be clear, I've never grown them out and I'm not saying you can't get incensey/haze smelling plants from those seeds, just that Chimera himself has said that the FIH isn't related to Piff/Frankie's or meant to be a reproduction/approximation, despite the (very) similar name. Certainly doesn't mean they aren't killer plants. :tiphat:

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
Definitely not purple Haze

The Purple Haze of the 70's was known to those in the circle as the root beer pheno

I've never seen a purple haze uptown ever in all my years

The uptown purple Haze was never purple , at least what I was introduced as purple haze uptown , also it is still around . It's what my crew dubbed the popcorn . It's what I imagine a fine Colombian to be like . Spicy Rich buttery lingering taste

1luvbigherb

Funny u say that about a fine colombian....for I have found the closest thing to black haze flavor and high profile...from chem4xOHaze....looks like a old nl/haze....but is full on Colombian...and frosty as fark....will have some in MI

I had 1 pheno of chemical x NevHaze that was frankincense / pissy smelling. Definitely trip weed. Almost 3 years later I'm still smoking it and it still turns my world into cartoon land.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Chimera did say the Frankies was from New York Haze crossed to a worked over Jack Herer. He was surprised when no one came up with a frankincense pheno.

I have a pack on hold cause I figure the odds are that it is just a nice Jack Herer kind of thing going. Good but not great like we hoped.

Mickey Bricks

its still around... gotta look in the right spots. Def still uptown tho

JRAZtb1.png

What spots bro?!

Latest posts

Latest posts