What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

~PIFF~ A.K.A. Uptown Haze/Frankies/Church. Preserving a Heritage...

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
dudes pushing bricks used to always have packs of it

my guess is they where coming up from fla together

R.A.W

Quote : "And in regards to Nevil (hash and hugs dear sir) - I can attest that O.G. Kush is not reminiscent of Jack Herer. I was literally standing next to Jack Herer in 1994 when Ben Dronkers christened NL5xHzC X SK1xHzC - Jack Herer at the Cannabis Castle in Holland. That year Jack (the bud) was incredibly spicy and had the aroma of what I would later call "Nevil's Haze" - only because I have had the great fortune of smoking with Nevil in 96'. NL5 x Haze was for a long time my favorite strain and even won the 1996 HT Cannabis Cup in the Hydro category as NL5xHaze x Mist - even though it was grown in soil by a gentleman named Tom, and not a cross with Kali Mist. (And years later I want to say thank you to Nevil for that wonderful evening - if you remember, I found a seed in the bud you gave me to smoke, and when I offered it back to you, you laughed and told me I could keep it. I immediately proclaimed that I hoped it was a female and you said no, that I should hope it was a male, so that then I could mix it will all my favorite females. I'll never forget that perspective, and I thank you for it. That single seeed ended up being a male - unfortunately I lost it in the July 97 raid.)

O.G. Kush is greasy, whereas the Haze is spicy. I have a phenotype that is the best example of Nevil's Haze that I have smoked in North America and the O.G. is practically the polar opposite. After I got out of prison, I met a guy who lit a joint of what he called Super Silver Haze and it smelled like a bud that was handed to me by Nevil that evening in the 90's. I asked him where he got it and he told me that one of his friends had traveled to the Netherlands in 1997 or 1998, and met a guy named Nevil, played chess and smoked together. He bought seeds from Nevil and upon arriving home, picked the female that most reminded him of the Cannabis he smoked with Nevil. He quickly told me that he did not know if the story was true, but I felt it was because the scent of the Haze is unmistakable. He was nice enough to give me a cutting and years later I had both the Haze and O.G. tested by Steep Hill (circa 2009) and the O.G. came back at 20.6% and the Haze at 23.7% THC.

I still call the cutting I have "Nevil's Haze" and not "Super Silver Haze" because I think the sample of SSH that is floating around the San Francisco Bay should (I think) be called "Super Silver Skunk" because it flowers fast and is thick, and it does not have that unique Haze spicy scent. I will post photos of both my Haze and O.G. for the sake of comparison. The Haze I have is smallish buds, flowers in 70 to 77 days and is my morning favorite."

bigherb

Veteran
Raw

You seem confused and soo does Todd if that is his quote

Hempy told me something long ago . It was in other words ( Everything is not Haze ) , I thought it was a blank statement till sometime later . I believe he was saying strains can share similarities in terpenes and looks but they are not the same . I'm a Haze head and in my quest for knowledge I did much comparing and contrasting

If Nevil said it was SSH I'm sure that's what it was , He created the strain . Just because it reminded Todd of NH doesn't mean it is . They share some of the same HzC genetics soo it's not hard to believe they can have similiar traits .

I'm not sure where you got this quote I'm curious to know ?

I was part of this online convo at Mns with Nevil . I don't recall him mentioning OG Kush at all . It was Diesel he referred to being the same as JH n SSH , I questioned him and never got a straight answer . If I recall he said it was sold long ago , I couldn't find any catalog or reference except the clone only A5 diesel pheno which Was never sold .

That quote muddied things to me , makes me question Todd abit . But to answer your question if I can try . NYC Haze has similarities to Nevils / Mns Haze hybrids , Incense spice catpiss . Soaring powerful long lasting highs

1luvbigherb

R.A.W

LoL Christ big herb. I asked how the Todd's "haze" compared to the Piff. Everything in post 983 is taken from a larger chunk of text written by Todd. I didn't want to edit anything so I posted the entire section that regarded "haze". Considering that Todd smoked the original NL5/HZ with Nevil and lived in Holland for a while and considering his work with cannabis, his pallete should be refined enough and appreciated.
The cut above he's talking about is obviousley a NL5xHzC X SK1xHzC cut: SSH. But the cut was an extreme sativa pheno reminiscent of the original NL5/Hz, Nevil's best haze according to him. And my question was how does this cut compare to the Piff. So no I'm not confused :)

R.A.W

And the reason OG kush is mentioned in the qoute is because the subject was about OG kush and not Haze. See the marks around the "haze", I know it's not a real haze but then again
the most famous haze's the G13/HZC, NL5/HzC, NL5/HZA , SKHZ and the NL5AC are hybrids but still considered better then pure hazes by some connoisseure's. Isn't Chimeras Frank's haze and Cocktail Frank's MangoHZ hybrids too? And I thought it was still open that the Piff might be a hybrid. And I'm wondering how the cut Todd has compares to the Piff. But I guess you don't know :) So I guess the question doesn't apply to you then. And the convo at Mr Nice, bigherb I was a part of that convo to, and it doesn't make me an expert of haze. (And I've grown my share of haze related plants).Hence my original question considering I've not smoked the Piff.

Last edited:

Hrpuffnkush

Golden Coast
Veteran
Old Hawaiian Haze ,
picture.php

picture.php

Hrpuffnkush

Golden Coast
Veteran
Personal collection , Got her for first time in late 89on oahu , grew her in 93 in cali , and was lucky enough to get seeds again , some phenos purple some green golden, most likely P haze , or an old Cali Haze ...
no spicy pepper or acrid at all , complex smells , anise frankencense spice perfume root beer honey
type smells

All of a sudden all these unko's seem to have it in last month =) LOL

Last edited:

Betterhaff

Veteran
I thought Nevil's best haze, according to him, was Neville's Haze. Probably because it has both A and C in it (25%A, 50%C). The quote is somewhere over at MNS.

bigherb

Veteran
Personal collection , Got her for first time in late 89on oahu , grew her in 93 in cali , and was lucky enough to get seeds again , some phenos purple some green golden, most likely P haze , or an old Cali Haze ...
no spicy or acrid at all , complex smells , anise frankencense spice perfume root beer honey
type smells

All of a sudden all these unko's seem to have it in last month =) LOL

Wow id bet that's delicious , sounds like something from an old Haze . I'd love too see dried buds shots or any other pics , maybe whole plant

Do you have any other phenos ?

I was thinking this might have been the clone only from Holland or a private sale or gift from Nevil

1luvbigherb

SoaringHi

I like to research sativas I have never tried, specifically landraces but this week I was looking over Piff and ran across this: https://www.instagram.com/p/--G6HyShNJ/

Damn, grew it outdoors right here in Washington state, have to find some... Bam! 2 minute walk out my back door and there it is.https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=68548&pictureid=1629349

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=68548&pictureid=1629348
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=68548&pictureid=1629346

Haven't sampled yet, will test the ceiling this afternoon.

Last edited:

Hrpuffnkush

Golden Coast
Veteran
I see what you guys are saying about root beer , one of these smells dead like those root beer barrel candies

DJM

Veteran
Nice to see all the haze lovers still holding strong

Last year i was lucky enough to come across the most incredible plant ive ever grown , or smoked..This is pheno #11 of topdawgs african haze..This pheno was selected from a dozen or so phenos from a good friend of mine. It leans towards the haze side of the cross

Im from south florida and grew up smoking nothing but haze. Mostly black and silver haze, which was all moved up the 195 corridor up to nyc..I know for a fact many people that refer to both these cuts as what they know as piff or puday...Point of bringing this up is, this #11 african haze is an absolute black haze replica, but better...Its perfectly done in 70 days, yields like a hog (3 a light could easily be done with her) and has a better high than the black haze, better bag appeal while similar looking, but same taste and smell..the high on this pheno is the pinnacle of what i look for in cannabis..if i had to smoke one thing the rest of my life, this would be it without a second thought..i have all the big name hyped cuts and this drags them through the dirt...its always the jar that goes empty first...this shit is like crack...all NE heads that have seen it call it straight puday and prefer it well over the hazes from florida that are circulated in NY...i was on the hunt for years for a haze that was like the haze from the 90s/early 2000, and after getting a hold of this my search is over...i keep 3 mothers of this at all times, thats how special it is. The smell will bomb out a room just like real haze..I could go on and on about this plant..it is however pretty difficult to grow. stretches 5x in flower, light sensitive and nute sensitive. The way it grows and smokes it looks like a 90-100 day haze, but the fact its fully done at 70, makes this the holy grail of holy grails to me..so much so that im setting up a permanent light of it so i always have some flowering and my jar never runs out . Im in the process of getting ready to reverse her to back up her genes even more

picture.php

picture.php

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Raw

You seem confused and soo does Todd if that is his quote

Hempy told me something long ago . It was in other words ( Everything is not Haze ) , I thought it was a blank statement till sometime later . I believe he was saying strains can share similarities in terpenes and looks but they are not the same . I'm a Haze head and in my quest for knowledge I did much comparing and contrasting

If Nevil said it was SSH I'm sure that's what it was , He created the strain . Just because it reminded Todd of NH doesn't mean it is . They share some of the same HzC genetics soo it's not hard to believe they can have similiar traits .

I'm not sure where you got this quote I'm curious to know ?

I was part of this online convo at Mns with Nevil . I don't recall him mentioning OG Kush at all . It was Diesel he referred to being the same as JH n SSH , I questioned him and never got a straight answer . If I recall he said it was sold long ago , I couldn't find any catalog or reference except the clone only A5 diesel pheno which Was never sold .

That quote muddied things to me , makes me question Todd abit . But to answer your question if I can try . NYC Haze has similarities to Nevils / Mns Haze hybrids , Incense spice catpiss . Soaring powerful long lasting highs

1luvbigherb

G`day Biggie

SSH doe not have the Haze A male .
When he talked about diesel he was talkin about a cut from Holland they nick named the diesel . Not what the stuff from Chem / Rez .

There were a few versions of each cross kept as cuts from what I have been told .
ie More than one C5 aka NL5 x Hz C , more than one A5 aka NL #5
x Hz A .

The old Nevil`s Haze cut is still going strong .That`s the one ,you need to track down Biggie .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Scrappy-doo

Veteran
Just picked up a pack of mango nigerian haze f2's from topdawg. The mother was very piffy from what JJ was sayin on his IG feed. Hope he was right. Still some avail afaik.

D3pthCharg3

Those sound nice..I ended up getting the Mango Nigerian x A5bx and Crystal Haze...Things are interesting indeed for hazeheads w Top Dawgs latest drops.

LostTribe

Premium user
I see what you guys are saying about root beer , one of these smells dead like those root beer barrel candies

Did a lot of research before grabbing a bunch of ACE seeds varieties including the last pack they had of the Old-timer purple haze which is said to have that sorta root beer to it. Dubi stated the Phaze is most like the Columbian highland sativa. Cannot wait to pop these!

Latest posts

Latest posts