What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Diary PCBuds mini-grow

Well, it's done.

I chopped it, rinsed it in a 5-gallon bucket with half a cup of H2O2, shook the excess water off, and strung it up to dry with the fan blowing on it.

[URL=https://i.postimg.cc/m2fXyBHT/20200809-124946.jpg]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://i.postimg.cc/KvP99wPB/20200809-125110.jpg]View Image[/url]

Hi friend, very cool everything I read here, beautiful plant. congratulations.

I have a doubt about these pots with automatic watering underneath. you use fertilizers. I work with the bio bizz line on inert soil, as I should do to feed my plants with this system since on the bio bizz website they say that water mixed with products must be kept for a maximum of 24 hours.

I hope I wasn't confused, and I'm sorry for my bad English.

I will keep following.

PCBuds

Hi friend, very cool everything I read here, beautiful plant. congratulations.

I have a doubt about these pots with automatic watering underneath. you use fertilizers. I work with the bio bizz line on inert soil, as I should do to feed my plants with this system since on the bio bizz website they say that water mixed with products must be kept for a maximum of 24 hours.

I hope I wasn't confused, and I'm sorry for my bad English.

I will keep following.

I used chemical nutes so it didn't spoil. The reservoir did grow some algae though and I had to clean the reservoir regularly.

Once, I put some molasses in the reservoir and it did spoil. It turned cloudy, started to stink, and the roots turned all slimy.

The whole reservoir thing was just an experiment and I'm going to use a regular pot next time.
It was kinda cool how I could see and watch the roots. The light shining on the roots didn't seem to bother the plant.

I checked out the Bio Bizz website and it is organic and made from sugar beets, so it will spoil if it sits too long.

PCBuds

Some close-ups of my closet plant.

I did a really close inspection of the hanging plant and I couldn't find any mold or any other evidence like some rotted plant material.

I think that I caught it early enough that I could eliminate it and not have any poisonous residue left behind.

PCBuds

I was checking out Frosty Nuggets' thread and he's regenerating his cut plant.

(I reposted your picture here. I hope that's OK with you?)

I want to try it too.
I'm most likely going to be harvesting about 3/4 of the plant because the rest won't be finished, so that should help the remaining branches feed the cut branches?

I figure I'll leave lots of stems and branches to give lots of places for new growth to start?

It may not work because I'm growing an Autoflower, but I want to see what happens.

I figure I've got nothing to lose except some time and a bit of electricity.

So I've got another experiment lined up. Lol

PCBuds

Don't waste your time. It won't work with an auto.

Yeah, I'm sure you're right.

But, ... I'm pretty sure I'm going to be harvesting only part of my plant at first, then the rest quite a bit later.

I'm still gunna leave a bunch of sticks, and if they are sprouting little leaves when it comes time to harvest the rest of the plant, then I'm just gonna go with it. Lol

PCBuds

I took a few more pictures.

I wasn't happy with my other pictures because they just didn't look like what I was seeing.

So I dug through my old CFL's and found a single daylight 14 Watt bulb and put it in my living room lamp, and took some pictures.

SuperBadGrower

Hmm... Why do so many who buy autoflowers end up wanting to clone, reveg and do all kinds of stuff with it? Just pop the next seed & pray.
Good eye on the mold... sucks!!

So does it smell good when you rub a leaf with trichomes?

PCBuds

Hmm... Why do so many who buy autoflowers end up wanting to clone, reveg and do all kinds of stuff with it?

Okay, maybe I'll let go of that.

Just pop the next seed & pray.

I don't need to pray.
I've popped and grown every seed I've germinated.
I've just got to get my grow media figured out and I should be good to go. I've got my lights figured out now.

Good eye on the mold... sucks!!

It's hot and humid out right now.
My kitchen garbage is all fuzzed over, and even the sealed bucket I put my cat crap in is growing fuzz.

And I found this...

Even if my furnace filter is 90% effective, I've still got up to 100,000 spores per cubic meter getting to my plant.

It's like fighting the ocean back with a broom.

My hygrometers are reading 50% but I turned on my AC to cool things down and dehumidify the air.

PCBuds

I decided to grab all my buds&stems and bend them down to open up the plant and get more airflow through it.

I'm kinda freakin out about mold right now!!

On a positive note, my fingers came out all stuck together, and they smelled Awesome!! Lol

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Thanks for the mention of my thread PCBuds.:groupwave:

Regeneration won't work with an auto as has been pointed out.

Nice plant, pity about the mould on the window plant but at least you got to it in time.

PCBuds

Where the hell is my cat??
All I can find is this dirty blanket!!

Ohh...
There she is.
Lol

Notice the spooky eyes...

SuperBadGrower

That's great. Rubbing some trichomes gives you a heads up about teh quality.

About the mold, yeah I was gonna post something like that. Good looking out. Its like the ultimate, omnipresent oppurtunist.

Keep everything as dry as possible now I guess. Better to have 'too low' temps than too high RH. probably let that AC work like a horse until the heat & humidity of the season let up.

https://www.dpcalc.org/
^ Here you can play around and calculate some mold risks. Pretty fun. it's nothing related to plants but it's informative.

I didn't really imply to "pray" because of anything specific - Earlier this year I did a pheno hunt where more than half of the plants were absolute trash quality. Right now I have 2 going that are pretty crappy too. I also threw away a plant in week 3 because it stretched 300% instead of being short and squat like they said. It just happens and it can be a bummer with low plant count. in this case, their claim about 7 weeks would really disappoint me.

PCBuds

I tried that link but got this...

I'm just going to stop being a cheap ass and run the AC.

My electricity bill went up by $25 this month but in comparison to what I've spent on my plant since May 18th when I planted the seed, it's negligible.
And my house is more comfortable for me and my cat too.

Every grow I've had has been different with all kinds of mistakes and it's always been my fault.
I can't blame a seed or strain for anything that has gone wrong but I have managed to end up with something to harvest and smoke.

Actually, if I had a plant stretch 300%, it might work out fine in my closet.
I've got the vertical height to accommodate it.

My current closet plant is a lot shorter than I was hoping for but that ended up being my SIP container that went sour.
(I was using 2 Table Spoons of molasses per gallon of water. That was stupid.)

PCBuds

I just checked all my thermometers and hygrometers in my closet and the RH is at about 50% and the temperature is at about 82°F (except one that is reading 91°F and 34% RH. I think it's too close to the light.)

The entire grow is drawing 248 Watts with most of that being inside the closet.

The room outside the closet (where the window plant is hanging.) is at 74°F and 51% RH.

My closet plant is really thirsty and drinking about 3 liters a day now.

PCBuds

I took some more pictures of the main cola.
I used the daylight CFL and the cameras flash.

So is it looking like it's finished?
Should I wait for the leaves to turn color?

I suppose waiting longer is best.
( I am getting a bit impatient though. Lol
But good weed comes to those who wait.)

f2obsession

I think it could wait 1-2 weeks for the best potential, but i would chop them on this week before mold appears. Buds look quite dense

PCBuds

Hmmm.

I'd like to go longer but like you said about the mold...

With my AC running now the temperatures are down and my RH is at 50%.

I think I'm safe but it's still a gamble.
I don't like how I could lose the whole plant in two or three days.

Latest posts

Latest posts