What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Diary PCBuds mini-grow

indagroove

Veteran
They both had calmag in their nute solution so if it's a calmag issue then it's probably from too much.

I hear you. It seems that some people have has success adding excessive amounts of CalMag, but I can't really confirm that myself. I have the same problem in veg because I use all white 4k diodes in veg. The issue seems to be less of an issue for me in flower because in addition to white LEDs I have 630nm and 660nm in my fixtures.

Interesting fact, most phone cameras lack an IR filter. You can see the light flashing if you point the remote toward your camera. Same with the far-red LEDs in those initiator pucks they sell on RapidLED.

That was the only way I could tell they were on.

This is what I use for far red (I don't really consider 730nm to be IR, even tho wikipedia says it is in the IR range. I consider IR to be above 770nm.): https://horticulturelightinggroup.com/collections/all/products/flowering-initiator-bulb

It's a cheap easy plug and play 15watt screw in LED far red lamp for $40 (10% off with the diy10 coupon code).

PCBuds

... I have the same problem in veg because I use all white 4k diodes in veg... I have 630nm and 660nm in my fixtures.

I don't view it as a problem.

It's just a side effect.

I think it's a good way to assess whether or not your plant is getting enough light.

I wanna see purple stems.

This is what I use for far red (I don't really consider 730nm to be IR, even tho wikipedia says it is in the IR range. I consider IR to be above 770nm.): https://horticulturelightinggroup.com/collections/all/products/flowering-initiator-bulb

It's a cheap easy plug and play 15watt screw in LED far red lamp for $40 (10% off with the diy10 coupon code).

I wanna wait until 730 nm far-red diodes are cheaper.

The horticultural industry should be creating a demand.
That should bring the prices down in a few years.

I don't want a spotlight on a separate 10-minute timer.

She's just going to have to deal with what she gets.

I don't need to inhibit flowering.
I grow Autoflowers.

I'd also be throwing 120VAC into my closet which I don't want to do.
And it looks like I'd lose about 6" of headroom with that bulb.

PCBuds

I think I might trade in my cat for something better.

My Cat's kind of a puss...

I want a black puma.
They're fearsome but cute...

Lol.

PCBuds

She's still really thirsty, at least 2 liters a day.

The site of the amputation is looking good.
It's dried up and doesn't look infected.

PCBuds

I'm seeing a few amber trichs but not as many as I want to see and there is a bunch of clear ones too.

That seems to jive with just looking at the plant and I felt like I cut it early.

I'm going to take the remainder of my plant a lot further along.

PCBuds

I decided to weigh my drying window plant.

That's only 17.5 grams, including the sticks and stems.

That kinda sucks. Lol

I may not grow another window plant unless I have to if my closet plant doesn't make it.

PCBuds

Heres another one. People on forums talk like religious extremists about their slow dry, 62% wet 3 month cure, blah blah. Here's a fact. There is bud being sold now at a very high price which was dried in 3 days and the smoker doesnt know, they dont give a fuck, and they wouldn't give a fuck if you told them. Because it's just good. And if you as a grower smoked it you might be asking for the cut, not how long it was dried and cured. Cognitive biases... all roads lead to rome.

I was just wondering...

Was that bud dried for three days and then sold, or was it cured after the quick dry?

I still want to put my buds in a jar for a month at room temperature, after 12 days of drying, before it goes into the freezer right?

PCBuds

Is mold preventable by hepa filter?

If it is, its good news to me.

I always tought its all about air humidity, direct ventillation of the plants, and temperature.

The main reason I put the furnace filter in was to try to keep dust and cat hair off my plant, and it did work really well for that.

My house is full of cat hair and I've found dust bunnies as big as my cat under my bed. Lol

My last plant was covered in crap and this plant has very little dust and cat hair on it, so I think it's working and I didn't dunk my plant this time.

I think that the hair on my plant this time is from opening the door 10 times a day to look at my plant. Lol

SuperBadGrower

I decided to weigh my drying window plant.

[URL=https://i.postimg.cc/Hn26h0Hm/20200817-161837.jpg]View Image[/url]

That's only 17.5 grams, including the sticks and stems.

That kinda sucks. Lol

I may not grow another window plant unless I have to if my closet plant doesn't make it.

Still better than nothing!

I was just wondering...

Was that bud dried for three days and then sold, or was it cured after the quick dry?

That kind of stuff gets sold straight away :) "Fresh" bud is actually pretty good. the best smells are on the living plant after all. That's what we try to preserve and bring out.

I still want to put my buds in a jar for a month at room temperature, after 12 days of drying, before it goes into the freezer right?

I've never frozen buds but I think the point of freezing it is to keep it as 'fresh' as possible in terms of terpene profile and stuff. I guess you would do it as soon as the moisture in the bud is where you want it to be. Dont take my word for it thouhg
:good:

PCBuds

Ok, I'll just jar it for a couple of days with a hygrometer to see what the RH is, then put it in the freezer.
It will be many months before I finish it, so it should last longer in the freezer.

PCBuds

I held my magnifying glass in front of my camera lense for a bit of a closeup.

I didn't want to lose sight of the forest through the trees.(or trichs in this case).

PCBuds

My window plant has been hanging for 12 days, so I trimmed it, weighed it, and jarred it.

Only 12.9 grams and it's not all sticky like the drying closet plant.

I tried it and it tasted pretty good and it got me stoned.

I don't know how much I noticed a difference in taste, compared to the White Widow.

I'll do a side by side taste test and see what I notice.

Latest posts

Latest posts