What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

OUTDOOR GROWS 2024 ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE-

Magu🌈

I used fish emulsion for year's but now the raccoons are worse ,if you use it I reomend doing a little test first. I see Vermont Man likes blood meal but I imagine that can cause problems with critters aswell .I'll stick to my chicken manure tea .
I spread chicken shit in the winter and add cow manure. I have to put cages around everything or the critters dig up everything looking for worms.

xtsho

hotdogsolare.jpg

hotdogsolara.jpg

mudballs

It worked. Just a box and some aluminum foil. It got close to 200°F. There are pretty neat designs that get between 300° and 400°. It didn't have the time to build one of those. I plan on making a better one and roasting a chicken. It's just something I'm playing around with.
I made split bamboo fishing rods, and we use a diy oven to dry our rods after glue-up. They vary but mine i laid on a bench, uninsulated, with a really good heat gun i got way above 400

laszlokovacs

I wouldn't flush but yeah looks like roots just hit a hot spot in your mix. It's a big plant and already working past problem
Yeah thanks mudballs, just a minor hiccup nothing to worry about I dont think. I hit each plant with approx 1oz ammonium sulfate a few days before these showed up on maybe 25% of my plants. These got put in at 4-5 nodes and I'm trying to size up quickly so I'm very aggressive with the fertilizer.

This is exactly what I want to see, light burn then back off the synthetic N fert. I could be wrong but I think if Ca/B/P levels were more optimal it wouldnt have really happened. I threw down some more organic amendments yesterday, guess I'll see how they respond.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Composted chicken manure pellets can be used but I wouldn't go over 25 lbs per 1000 square feet rate or else risking burn. They work great for some quick release N plus some slow release. I have switched to the Dave Thompson's Healthy grow by Pearl Valley Farms which is chicken manure, feather meal, and potash to make a 3-3-3 which has less burn potential I think .

Thought about using chicken manure next weekend with the cottonseed meal, but with the plants at 4 ft tall and as close as they are together may be hard to get the rate even with the spreader. They're doing fine with no deficiencies so far, going to just feed with heavy rate cottonseed meal 6-2-1 fertilizer which is ALL slow release with no burn potential. 2.5 lbs per 50 feet is the rate on the espoma bag, the other brand high yield recommends lower rate, but the high rate is fine. I don't want to use chicken manure and potentially burn before flowering kicks in in a couple weeks. Cottonseed meal once a month seemed to do well last year after using chicken manure and cottonseed meal top dressing once in June.

Rodehazrd

I use hydrolysalate not emulsion. I fed my soil in November with it. I had some with a hose adapter I sprayed all around and in t plants too one year I guess it confused them I got away with it.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thinned the garden today. Starting to find males! Going to be full canopy this year! :smoke:
Pulled a few plants, took out the smaller unproductive males and selected the good ones. Took out smaller plants that were shaded out and couldn't compete, so here's what we ended up with. Will thin a bit more in the next couple weeks after more males are culled but its much better airflow and light! Internode length was 8 inches on some plants!

Trying to keep as many as we can. Have several around the edge I can just lean out so they don't compete for space anymore.

full

Latest posts

Latest posts