What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

OUTDOOR GROWS 2024 ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE-

Holyherb420

Veteran
I live on 40 acres and learned the hard way step by step how to conquer nature...red wasps suck bro..
Nice! Im only on 5.5 acres and i have tons of creepy crawlies. I have some pyganic that i was thinking of trying since its a knockdown just dont know if itll work for them

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
bifenthrin is what we use in the landscape and around homes to control small insects.

Pyrethrin is better since its a sythetic pyrethroid from crysanthemum, its safer than bifenthrin.

mudballs

There isn't a trully organic approach, we gotta dabble in judicious science to help us stay in spec. Unless we spray everything down with a gooey/oily mastic type coating (plant will still grow) we're boned against mother nature in a susceptible region

Holyherb420

Veteran
There isn't a trully organic approach, we gotta dabble in judicious science to help us stay in spec. Unless we spray everything down with a gooey/oily mastic type coating (plant will still grow) we're boned against mother nature in a susceptible region
Very true. I just got a little revenge i think, found one sleeping on a leaf around where i got stung and smashed it. Found and smashed another 3 or so. Little nasty bastards 😂

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah those yellow jackets hurt and are aggressive. Will have a tough time doing inspections with a nest of those nearby! Get em!

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hope everything makes it through the hurricane! Big plants can be tough. Maybe just lay it over softly if the winds are going to kick up to 60-70 mph. Go ahead and push the plant over to keep it from breaking. I don't know what to do.

Tie it up in a bundle with rope/twine so it doesn't catch the wind.

How big is it now?

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
1720447515263.gif

1720447533337.gif

Rodehazrd

For yellow jackets I pour a cup of gasoline down the hole the vapor kills all them if you do it in the evening after they’re home not the best for environment but it will get them cheap.

mudballs

I confess the crawfish here make huge mounds and to stop their encroachment towards house i toss in some gas to kill and contaminate the hole...hydrocarbons in those small quantities like urs and mine get depolymerized in short order

Rodehazrd

I think it’s a small price to protect your garden
I am always aware of long term pollution the biggest oil spill on earth is the waste oil from people changing their oil and dumping the old stuff on the ground for the last hundred years. That stuff will seep out for centuries

mudballs

You know what...im not racing thru hitting likes i missed...ur all champs...love outdoor...dont think i dont like what you got going on if i miss the post and Like button

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah likes are different than the old karma system. I was just thinking about that. Has pros and cons. I like the karma, it was simple.

We need this rain, should help kick them into flowering. They are just starting to show. Have to get good at developing the ability to identify them at the earliest stage of preflowering.

Choosing the best males and pulling she shorter ones that would flower late since culling males early Aug after short pollination.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Have to be careful with early ID techniques. The plants' preflowers can be different shape depending on phenotype. They can fool you sometimes. They can also put out little growths or micro shoots that resemble prelowers. If not sure, leave it for a week or 2 to get a sure ID. I always try to find 2 preflowers before I am sure about it. Thats usually pretty easy to do except on the really early ones.

Latest posts

Latest posts