What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

OUTDOOR GROWS 2024 ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE-

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
I'll throw my hat in the bag, I got late start but better late than never.
30 days (3).jpg

Old Piney

Question: how to deal with yellow jackets? Theyve set up shop in the corner of my grow and they finally got me last night when i was top dressing. So now its war.
The little bastards suck, but they are beneficial lol. I'm in the tree care business and have to deal with then at least a few time a season. If I spot them first it's surprising how close you can work to them. Your nighttime work and lights have probably thrown them off but I get it with the heat you deal with I'd the same thing so it's kill kill kill! For you

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Few more pictures from the garden. Thinned a few males and runts out. Plants should stop stretching so much after they see more light. Looks like they are getting ready to branch out!
:smoke:
Few more views from Sunday. Getting some good rain this week, maybe an inch or 2! Cottonseed meal fertilizer will be applied again after the middle of the month, then applied again about mid August.

Spacing is much better. Will work on selecting males next time. Will probably keep the best 5-10 and cull a few more.

Wanting to try to keep the males with wider leaves and short internode with more indica influence, but they are having a tougher time competing because they are a little shaded by the stretchy plants. Althugh its interesting how well the wide leaf squat indicas are doing even with a little more shade. Their leaves are even larger than the others! Will try and keep a few of them and hope they pollinate on time. They usually don't produce much pollen as early as the lankier ones, but I think they resemble the 'Signature' SCC phenotype that is one of the best. Its a well rounded more desirable phenotype with sweet candy flavor.

full

full

full

full

xtsho

bifenthrin is what we use in the landscape and around homes to control small insects.

Pyrethrin is better since its a sythetic pyrethroid from crysanthemum, its safer than bifenthrin.

Be careful to use that stuff when pollinators are not out. Bees still fly around outdoor plants even if there are not flowers as they graze the landscape looking. Late evening is the best time to spray.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is what I use, works applied at monthly I think it says. Initially shorter interval between applications. I do it weekly sometimes when they are young or during high rabbit pressure times when I have seen recent damage.

full
Watch out for rabbits. Put some repellents guys! Rainy weather can get animals going since they can smell more I guess. OGNoMan got hit by rabbits, just thought I'd give everybody fair warning. Send out the dogs lay some scent, hunt those rabbits.

Janborrego

This is my outdoor grow this year. They are all different sixes as when I cull a male I set another one out. This is the maui waui I am trying to get her to make fem beans. Been spraying her for a week or so morning and night. Found a few spider webs in another plant and dusted everything with DE.
IMG_6756.jpeg

Latest posts

Latest posts