What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

NFL 2019-2020

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
Which team has the most fans of Irish descent? Id have to say either the Patriots or Bears, wouldnt u think?
Patriots havent been great recently, Bears not much better, i think bears have more talent on offense tho, patriots defense is still probably better.

Doesnt JitB have munchie meals after midnite? Other than that, the closest thing would be an appetizer combo they serve at restaurants, a mix of onion rings, mozzarella sticks, wings etc.
I agree, a UK type fry box would be hype in the US, but only if the food was actually decent.

Does ur 70yr old buddy have something against Germans, Hawk? He's not old enough to have served in dubya dubya 2, but he grew up in the after effect of that war, probably lots of anti german sentiment back then.
Aldi's is a private company, Pops, all locations are corporate owned, it's like I&O burger or Starbucks (except for Magic johnson's stores), there are no independently owned franchises. Fwiw, i think theyre a decent company to work for, they pay better than most grocery stores, actually give the cashiers chairs to sit on while working, etc.

Shutkever is an awesome eater, she can out eat most of the men. Im partial to her hotdog video from a few years ago:

Look at that, no gag reflex on her. Makes u wonder...

You're stronger than you know, Hawk. Like u said, you can accomplish a lot on your own once you get your head straight. Youve got some useful skills, i know some roofing guys who make good money doing that, if u get into the business side of it you can hire laborers to do the grunt work. The roofing guys i know, theyre immigrants so not even native english speakers and they do the sales and paperwork, hardly do any of the manual labor themselves.
Im sure you can manage to find some gig to sustain yourself if u have to. Even just driving to MI and loading up on cheap cannabis products at their dispensaries and driving and selling it in IL or IA, bet you could make a grand a week or more profit doing that, ur used to selling bud so u already have the skills.
We believe in you. Just say to yourself, what would Randy do? And then do the opposite. Or something, i dont know...

im just trying to save a buck or two at the grocery store but am warming up the aldis
and its just down the street so its nbd to just drop in and grab a few things
plus im starting to figure out where things are so it makes it easier but i still like to wander the isles checking stuff out
i think jitb still has the late night munchie meals, man i havent been there in ages
the fry box just looked good and they mentioned kebab meat in one i think? i could also see it coming with fried chicken/ chicken strips
or even fried fish, in addition to the other fried chips and stuff like that
i never got into the competitive eating thing, its more freak show stuff to me
/a lot of animals can consume a huge amount of food in a short time
but she makes it look sexy

@buzzmobile
i was thinking of the dolphins for @superx but he would fry in the fla sun
instead of being green he would be all pink and red
but im liking the fins this year and thing they are playoff bound so its not a bad team to follow
green dolphin.jpeg

Last edited:

buzzmobile

Veteran
instead of being green he would be all pink and red
All the Irish in Miami (probably about 907, 437 of them) turn pink and red. That's how I know about the Irish diaspora. I have Bailey's and O'Hara's that cause me to turn the same color as a steamed shrimp.

The Dolphins are a perfect fit for, @superx. He needs to get on board the wagon before the fair weather fins show up.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
There probably arent as many irish in south florida as the northern states, like Pops said, but there's got to be some, and you'll probably have more fun watching the Dolphins than the bears or patriots.
There might be a fair number of Irish in the state of Ohio, where the Bengals and Browns play. Both those teams might be pretty, pretty decent.

I think you're spot on with the seasons, buzz, not too hot not too cold is perfect, some rain but not too much is good as well.
You excited about the upcoming season for the 'Noles? I guess DJ Uiagalelei will be the starter at QB, he's decent, bit of a mercenary tho, this will be the 3rd school he's starting for in 3 yrs.

Aldi's is the bomb, Pops, love their cheap potato chips, i could eat a whole bag in one sitting. Now that im older that's no bueno. Their chocolate is good and cheap as well, but again, not healthy. I used to get their frozen pizzas and frozen fried chicken a lot too. Geez, how was i not 400lbs when i was younger?
I thought u didnt like fish, Pops? But i hear british fish and chips hit different:

Are you partial to hitting up the local chippie once in a while, Superx? This guy makes it seem like heaven on earth, but maybe he was drunk or stoned at the time.

Bailey zappe is a great football name but he's 3rd string now behind maye and brissett. I guess he could be 2nd string on a different team but at this point he seems like a career backup. Nothing wrong with earning millions while holding a clipboard.

You've counted all the people of irish descent in Miami then, Buzz? So even if someone has 1% Irish blood they count?
Honestly tho Superx would have a better time watching the Fins this year over most teams, unless he wants to jump on the Chiefs or 49ers bandwagon
Also, there is a college football team called the Fighting Irish, Pops did a mashup of their logo and a Dolphin in his post, that Superx could root for as well. They havent won a championship since the early 90s but they've been pretty good lately. The college football playoffs is now 12 teams instead of 4 so theyve got a good shot of making it this year.

Last edited:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
oh wow man, i have not even looked at their snacks isle but i did see they had like those bimbo/ little debbie style cakes and lots of different style chips
/im a fan of frito style corn chips
this will be the next isle i browse when i go back
when i was telling mrs.chicky about aldi she said they have good chocolate and cheese
im not big into seafood until you dip it in batter and deep fry it!
that looks like a serious piece of fish and i would totally go for fried cod
/lots of malt vinegar and tartar sauce please
here they are using pollack and swai more in their fried fish and chips and you have to ask for cod specifically (for extra $)
if we are just jumping on the bandwagon there is this team in los angeles called the rams
they are kind of kick ass
plus im leaning into detroit this year again, could this be goofs year of greatness
/will post a lions logo with irish bits shortly
All the Irish in Miami (probably about 907, 437 of them) turn pink and red. That's how I know about the Irish diaspora. I have Bailey's and O'Hara's that cause me to turn the same color as a steamed shrimp.

The Dolphins are a perfect fit for, @superx. He needs to get on board the wagon before the fair weather fins show up.
its the pinkish-red color you want, that lets you know they are cooked
i thought the skin color change only happened in asians when they drank, but small world

football preseason starts this week, i think there might be a couple teams with roster battles so we might get to see some of their top talent compete for roster spots, but for the most part its just ho hum
its not like im getting that excited or anything
:whee:

Last edited:

buzzmobile

Veteran
You excited about the upcoming season for the 'Noles? I guess DJ Uiagalelei will be the starter at QB, he's decent, bit of a mercenary tho, this will be the 3rd school he's starting for in 3 yrs.
I am looking forward to what the Noles have this year. I think Norvell knows how to coach mercenaries. He has worked the portal well since he arrived. DJ will be key.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Love frito chips, pops, have u ever tried the chili cheese ones? Pretty, pretty good. Or the big scoops? Those are good as well. Not sure if aldi's carry generic versions of those.
I suppose anything tastes better when it's battered and deep fried; id eat my slipper if it was prepared like that, with some nice sauces on the side.

Rams are a fun team to follow, but maybe superx could follow a team with an irish player. Dan Whelan is an Irishman who's a punter for the Green Bay Packers. I wouldnt be pleased to see him be a packers fan but theyre all over the place, cant get away from them, Hawk knows.
Dan Rooney and John Mara are the owners of the Steelers and Giants, respectively, and Rooney even served as US ambassador to Ireland in the past.
Kyle Shanahan is head coach of the 49ers, and his father mike shanahan won 2 super bowls with the Denver Broncos.

I agree, could be an interesting game, Hawk, Thursday night at Chiefs, it's the last preseason game for both teams so could see some starters play on both sides, if they didnt play the week before.

Im looking at DJ's stats, Buzz, he has 2-3 games every year where he pounds some lesser team but overall his numbers dont pop: completion % in the low 60s, TD passes in the 20s, yardage in the mid 2000's. He hasnt yet QB'd a great team (his 2 yrs starting for Clemson they finished outside the top 10 in year end rankings) so if FSU can surround him with elite talent maybe he'll blow up but they lost their top offensive guys to the draft.

Saw the 1st episode of hard knocks with the bears last night, usually these shows are boring as heck to me but let's just say im sufficiently hyped.

Last edited:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
yeeehawww boys, we have almost made it through another offseason and footbawww starts tomorrow!!
/rams play this sunday v dallas
im still on the olympic kick but im going to dig down and give it that extra effort to finish the olympics off strong
say some ladies doing an event called steeplechase where they ran around a track with obstacles like hurdles and a water feature
then later i watched horses doing similar shit running around a course with even bigger jumps and different features
loving it!
no baba, ive never had a chili cheese frito?! of course ive had chili cheese fritos and they use to be my favorite snack in the world
all the crunch of a frito but the chili cheese dust" on top of it
why dont they make chili cheese scoops?
i will have to see and im sure they will have some kind of corn chip, besides the mexican style ones
thats another good angle, who is the most irish player in the league!?
/is mcvey an irish/ scottish name?

so did @superx disappear down some k'hole at his festival
for all we know he could be wandering some naked asking for directions to the chippie shop
(is that what they are called?)

shithawk420

Veteran
i dont think ill ever watch the olympics ever again after this shit show. what a bunch of disgusting degenerate people. got men winning gold medals in womens divisions and trannies everywhere. i really dont expect any less from the disgusting human race today.what an abomination.

I didnt see any Aldi fritos when i went last but they probably have a Clancy's version of them. doubt they have chili flavor but you never know. just had some pork burnt ends from Aldis. put it on a piece of bread. its ok. got another thing of hawiian chicken and chicken in a cream mushroom sauce that will probably be ok. im disappointed they didnt have the street taco meat. if you see it pops you should try it. its pretty darn good for just popping it in the microwave a few minutes. its in the fridge isle with the meat and cheese.

interested in what the bears can do. we'll see about williams.i got a feeling hes gonna be another fields but i hope not. maybe he will be the one to break the bears QB curse

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
i dont think ill ever watch the olympics ever again after this shit show. what a bunch of disgusting degenerate people. got men winning gold medals in womens divisions and trannies everywhere. i really dont expect any less from the disgusting human race today.what an abomination.

I didnt see any Aldi fritos when i went last but they probably have a Clancy's version of them. doubt they have chili flavor but you never know. just had some pork burnt ends from Aldis. put it on a piece of bread. its ok. got another thing of hawiian chicken and chicken in a cream mushroom sauce that will probably be ok. im disappointed they didnt have the street taco meat. if you see it pops you should try it. its pretty darn good for just popping it in the microwave a few minutes. its in the fridge isle with the meat and cheese.

interested in what the bears can do. we'll see about williams.i got a feeling hes gonna be another fields but i hope not. maybe he will be the one to break the bears QB curse
dude i had the pork burn ends from aldis! they were decent
i had mine with cous cous and cole slaw
/yeah im weird
i will have to look out for things like hawaiian chicken or chicken in mushroom sauce but im going to do it
i think they have this carnitas meat on sale this week plus i can get the gordo tortillas and a chicken shwarma!
sounds fancy
plus they have avocados for cheap (my mom loves avocados)
the bears should be hopeful but i dont know about the new kid until i see him play
he could be great or he could suck

shithawk420

Veteran
FAURK! decent doob! not a huge Pantera fan but they are good too. looks like a hell of a concert! what songs did metallica play?

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
It's panthers at patriots tomorrow then? The game is on nfl network, will u be able to find a stream of it? Not sure how much ill watch of it, dont think any starters will be playing, panthers have said bryce young probably wont play in the preseason at all, drake maye will get some preseason reps but maybe not in the first game.

Yeah Pops, gotta love the olympics, seeing sports you never see on tv. Field hockey and handball are 2 other ones that are like similar to sports ive seen before (lacrosse, basketball/soccer) but different enough where im like 'huh?'. That's why i wanted to watch some of those gaelic sports, cause theyre like the weird ancestors of the more common ones we watch today (american football, football, etc).

Nice, i tend to stick to the more basic flavors in my chips (bbq, sour cream n onion, nacho cheese etc) or even go plain for the most part but every so often i get a hankering for chili cheese fritos. Come to think of it i havent had it in a long time, might have to buy some in the near future.

Ur right, McVay has to be Irish. Does any other ethnicity use a "Mc-" in their surnames? What about the most famous Irish name of all time, McDonald's? Everyone's favorite fast food place and the progenitor of American obesity.

I think Superx is busy during the week, building hidden fortresses for the leprechauns to cache their gold. At least that's what id like to think his job consists of. Do you get paid in gold doubloons?

You been listening to too much Joe Rogan, Hawk. I think he's pretty entertaining too (he has a new comedy special on netflix i havent watched yet) but check out the last boxer Imane beat to reach the gold medal round:
boxing 1.jpg

That's Janjaem Suwannapheng, a Thai boxer, if anything she looks more manly than Imane (blue trunks).
I mean, both of them look pretty manly, tbh.
Watch some of the women's wrestling, and those ladies look like straight up dudes, especially if they have short hair. Muscular arms and shoulders, no breasts to speak of, not much curve to the hips.
Anyway, you missed out on a golden opportunity to lay a bet on Imane winning gold. Put some $ on her and the other 'questionable' women boxer as well, looking good so far. Should have bet the house on it, i mean, it's a man in a woman's boxing competition, that's easy money.

Seems like Hawk knows what's good at Aldi's. I honestly have rarely shopped there in ages, sounds like theyve got some pretty fancy stuff now. Do u ever go to Trader Joe's? Theyre owned by Aldi's too.

Never been a metal fan myself but then again im not much for music except billboard top 20 songs. That looked like a good time, DB.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
i doubt it will be over the air here but i get the rams /cowboys this sunday
not expecting too much from either team but its a fun way to shake off the dust and see who is who
/we might see the rams rookies on defense play a few snaps
you are the most degenerate gambler @Bababooey , betting on olympics womens boxing
/why dident i think of this? im glad you made some money
look at mr trader joes now!
/adjusts monocle
we dont have a trader joes here, we have sprouts, but the same concept
/its actually not that expensive and the sprouts has kick ass sandwiches in their deli
oh who has a mc- last name but is not totally irish, me
it turns out my name is more n.ireland/scottish
but im cheap as feck and drink like a monkey so i would try to fit in

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Rams had a great rookie class last year, if they can repeat the feat theyll be a contender again, not bad for a team whose GM said "#uck dem picks" a couple years ago when they won the superbowl.
I know nothing about olympic boxing but i know to bet on a man/woman with male testosterone levels competing in a women's division.

Trader joe's is like the fancy version of aldi's, although it sounds like aldi's has some pretty fancy stuff themselves (curry chicken, risotto, etc) according to Hawk. Personally, i think Costco has better value, trader joes doesnt give u as much for the $.

Heh, didnt know u had irish genes, Pops. No wonder u can drink like a fish and not suffer too many ill effects. Hawk, u should have been born irish...

buzzmobile

Veteran
when it's battered and deep fried; id eat my slipper
LOL! My Pa-in-Law used to say he'd eat a dog turd if it was batter dipped and deep fried.
Im looking at DJ's stats, Buzz, he has 2-3 games every year where he pounds some lesser team but overall his numbers dont pop
I am going to put that kind of performance on Dabo. Dabo is old school hard core in your face coach who does not believe in the portal (to his own detriment). DJ did not fit. An unhappy QB will not pop.
It won't take long to find out about him and this year's receivers. Reports are mentioning "hands" are needing improvement on offense.
Does any other ethnicity use a "Mc-" in their surnames?
The Scots do. I learned that from Burl Ives and Captain Kangaroo.