What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Tom Hill Haze

led05

Chasing The Present
He was selling them through IG. And he was 100% clear, and forthright in the entire process, start to finish. Even documented the couple of hiccups he had, went into why, what happened, and how he would approach the next round as a result.

It was 500-something plants, man.

Yeah; I have never had any social media accounts nor any interests to; I was simply responding to what was shared & discussed here in this forum, I also inquired directly to him for further details in an earlier post and I said IF (exactly like that caps) to drive that point home RE the one I posted you’re responding to above I believe.

And many Thx for sharing along those above details; it would be great if people could have honest open discussions in here w/out getting personally defensive & even more so on behalf of others

led05

Chasing The Present
I assume you are familiar with black garlic, which is also fermented. The Thai weed I had bought in A'dam was just as black, but smelled like coffee/ chocolate. If the fermentation didn't go very well, you would have an ugly scent to it. It was not really an upper btw.
You ever make black garlic? I have a few times, I’m pretty sure it isn’t fermented brother ;) -I know you’ve seen the pics before so I won’t bore everyone again :)

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I assume you are familiar with black garlic, which is also fermented. The Thai weed I had bought in A'dam was just as black, but smelled like coffee/ chocolate. If the fermentation didn't go very well, you would have an ugly scent to it. It was not really an upper btw.
there were plenty of fakes around too though ,
which that picture looks like one of ive always thought anyhow ,
they were usually packed into a bundle , you can see it on some pictures still ,
i think you posted one with a guy in a suit looking into a bunch of bundles of thai sticks ,
that black one looks like it wasnt part of any bundle ,
i definitely never saw anything like that black stuff , of course i didnt see everything and i live in another continent to many ,
ive cured a lot of weed though , and black usually tends to be a sign of things not going so well ,
golden and brown were standards , black was never a great outcome ....

having said that ,, purple stuff ive seen gone towards being black ,
but thats uncommon in thailand , especially with thai stick varieties ...

i wonder what it was ??
bugger , i cant seem to load any pictures today for some reason ...
oh well carry on ,, lol ...
user65088-pic204649-1256691727.17557998

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I mentioned earlier we got some stuff called black buddha in the late 70s that was pretty much black. It was quite good and Ive no doubt it was fermented at some point.

I have made maybe a dozen cobbs over the years and to me it seems the wetter your start material is, the darker a cobb will be, but Im no expert.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I mentioned earlier we got some stuff called black buddha in the late 70s that was pretty much black. It was quite good and Ive no doubt it was fermented at some point.

I have made maybe a dozen cobbs over the years and to me it seems the wetter your start material is, the darker a cobb will be, but Im no expert.
yes that seems to be the case , re cobbing ,
the only issue with this sort of stuff is proving these things came from where it is assumed ,
or we are told ,
most dealers , smugglers etc , dont tell accurate information in order to throw folks of the trail ,
for obvious reasons,
or in order to make money from something which may not be accurate ,
as was done with things like mullumbimby madness in the day ...

heck ive done it a few times in fact ,
i grew a bunch of png gold once ,
and to avoid folks thinking it came from me i said it was imported ,
folks practically threw money at me for it ,
and i got compliments id never heard if id said it was something i had grown ,
i learnt some valuable lessons on that crop . hjahahaha ..

CharlesU Farley

most dealers , smugglers etc , dont tell accurate information in order to throw folks of the trail ,
for obvious reasons,
As I said in another thread, and I know a bit about East Coast USA smuggling in the late 60s-early 70s:

"Surprise surprise, most of these naive fucks are actually surprised that _smugglers_, who are doing things that could get them _decades_ in fucking prison, would actually lie, cheat, and steal?? You mean to tell me smugglers are actually not totally honest and truthful people?????

Who'd thunk it??? :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

There are _many_ adjectives that could describe Nevil... asshole, jerk, smart ass, criminal, addict, liar, thief, the list goes on and on.

However, _moron_ would _not_ be on that list, unless it's used by someone who doesn't have a fucking clue what they're discussing or is totally and helplessly ignorant of the history of cannabis development.

I'm sure there's a little twat around here somewhere who is going to pipe in and say "Sam was a narc!" , which will complete the clusterfuck of this thread."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It absolutely _astounds_ me when naive posters on a cannabis forum call _smugglers_.... get ready for it.... _liars_.

As we used to say online back in the day, ROTFLMAO.

And for those of you who may be Google challenged .... rolling on the floor, laughing my ass off....

Wolverine97

Veteran
What is the end goal? As he has described this plant as " the one" and if selfing isn't really breeding then what is it?
If he has a female plant he deems "the one" then selfing it and using a punnett sq is invaluable (one time a punnett sq is) as this would reveal to he (the breeder) the ratios etc and how to proceed (and enable the breeder seed for future endeavours) but it's irrelevant really as Farley ain't selfing the plant.
But what is the goal? Especially for line bred populations? To pass a few traits at best? or is it to find stand out plants?

Anyway well away from haze now but then again you're going through fem seeds mostly with haze so....
I don't disagree with you on that, but that wasn't what I assumed (I shouldn't ass-u-me) you meant. Yes, it would be valuable to see what is in there, for sure.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
yep ,, smugglers and dealers have forever been known as shady characters ,
due to the way they have to operate to cover their tracks,
its not really dishonesty , its simply a form of saying what one needs in order to get the job done ,

i had to learn at a younger age about the old keeping people on the , "need to know basis"
only tell folks what they need to know , any more can cause problems down the track,
sometimes very unwanted problems ...
these things are part of the trade some of us have to learn to be part of that trade ...

CharlesU Farley

You would have to understand the context of the thread.

A long-term, veteran participant here called Nevil a _moron_. Even though I'm an FNG around here, I could not let that stand.

I have the _greatest_ respect for Nevil.

Just like with Owsley, creators (and yes, I know Sam would disagree with the term "creator" for Nevil but I would disagree because of NL5/Hz) and smugglers have to lie, cheat, and steal sometimes, just so they don't do _decades_ in prison.

But let's face it, even Nevil told multiple stories that most, especially Sam, would consider lies. Check out the thread Northern Lights By The Guys Who Actually Did It to see the conflicting and contrasting stories Nevil told about NL.

And he didn't have _near_ the conflict with NL Seattle Greg that he did with Sam. ;)

Last edited:

mudballs

You would have to understand the context of the thread.

A long-term, veteran participant here called Nevil a _moron_. Even though I'm an FNG around here, I could not let that stand.

I have the _greatest_ respect for Nevil.

Just like with Owsley, creators (and yes, I know Sam would disagree with the term "creator" for Nevil but I would disagree because of NL5/Hz) and smugglers have to lie, cheat, and steal sometimes, just so they don't do _decades_ in prison.

But let's face it, even Nevil told multiple stories that most, especially Sam, would consider lies. Check out the thread Northern Lights By The Guys Who Actually Did It to see the conflicting and contrasting stories Nevil told about NL.

And he didn't have _near_ the conflict with NL Seattle Greg that he did with Sam. ;)
He doesn't have to understand anything except you took an opportunity to smear a dead guys name in a grandeous 300 word post, which happened to be hempys friend...you're doing just to be hurtful in a thread that had no relevance to. Which adjectives are on my list of allowed for you?

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I guess if people don't want to hear Nevil's name besmirched then don't bring it up in a THH thread.

@mudballs, are you seriously suggesting no one is able to say anything bad about Nevil in case one member gets offended?

mudballs

I guess if people don't want to hear Nevil's name besmirched then don't bring it up in a THH thread.

@mudballs, are you seriously suggesting no one is able to say anything bad about Nevil in case one member gets offended?
Not really sir.just an out of bounds occured...his reflection on the moment is all that's needed, i dont see why i need ur input, which is only trying to insert words in my mouth to continue conflict

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I asked a question earlier and got a good reply from Tom but would like others perspective.

What sort of highs are people getting in the other 95%?

When Tom speaks of the peaking out from behind the curtains high, I would like to pin down exactly what that means? I like trippy highs (not everyday though). Trippy highs for me are one of 2 sorts of highs. Smoking Thai years ago a pleasant trippy high was like that excitement you get at the top of a roller when a thrill seems to just about to happen. an exciting high but not negative in any way. The other sort of trippy high I have had from some sativas has been negative; the sort of high where you feel like ripping out a grow cause the cops are coming, or reflecting negatively on your life, a sense of impending doom. Which sort is Tom talking about?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've never felt "paranoid" after smoking weed. That is what Tom is referring to. I have had panic attacks from high quality weed. It's an extremely unforgettable feeling to the point I feel like I'm going to pass out. A common reaction from a panic attack is hyperventilating which can cause a blackout. Not fun !!

Latest posts

Latest posts