What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

NFL 2019-2020

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
LOL! My Pa-in-Law used to say he'd eat a dog turd if it was batter dipped and deep fried.

I am going to put that kind of performance on Dabo. Dabo is old school hard core in your face coach who does not believe in the portal (to his own detriment). DJ did not fit. An unhappy QB will not pop.
It won't take long to find out about him and this year's receivers. Reports are mentioning "hands" are needing improvement on offense.

The Scots do. I learned that from Burl Ives and Captain Kangaroo.

burl ives! an american treasure

Rams had a great rookie class last year, if they can repeat the feat theyll be a contender again, not bad for a team whose GM said "#uck dem picks" a couple years ago when they won the superbowl.
I know nothing about olympic boxing but i know to bet on a man/woman with male testosterone levels competing in a women's division.

Trader joe's is like the fancy version of aldi's, although it sounds like aldi's has some pretty fancy stuff themselves (curry chicken, risotto, etc) according to Hawk. Personally, i think Costco has better value, trader joes doesnt give u as much for the $.

Heh, didnt know u had irish genes, Pops. No wonder u can drink like a fish and not suffer too many ill effects. Hawk, u should have been born irish...
im optimistic about the rams this year, even with the loss of a.don
like you said, if a couple of these rookies can step up we might be able to avoid falling off the cliff on defense and it looks like the offense is primed to go with guys like nakua,a hopefully fresh kupp of cooper and k.wills leading a youth movement for old man $tafford
we have trader joes out here and i used to shop at them a lot when i lived in a different area
they have good deal of a variety of foods and used to put out this clever fearless flier thing advertising their specials

sprouts is basically the same thing, fresh produce and healthy foods, plus the off name brands at great prices

Last edited:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Hmm, my slipper or a dog turd, which would i rather eat if it were battered and deep fried... I know it's a rhetorical question, but id have to go with my slipper.

Yeah, Dabo has been hard core against the portal and NIL, which is at least part of the reason why clemson hasnt been a contender recently. It's gotten so bad that i think the clemson boosters are thinking of moving on from him, or at least 'encouraging' him to pursue other jobs. We'll see how he does this year, if he can buck the trend and make them a top 5 program again.

Not sure ive ever heard of burl ives but he's got an easy listening style.

Puka has some sort of bursa sac issue with his knee so is unlikely to see any preseason action, im thinking cooper takes back his #1 WR role this year and Puka stats fall off some. What do u think?

They got the new kid, blake corum from michigan, to take some short yardage/goal line duties from kyren. The offense should be even better than last year, and the defense was alright last year, ranked about #20, they'll have a new coordinator so with a little bump there they could be a threat to the 49ers, although i think the niners have owned them the last few years (rams won week 17 last yr when niners sat their starters).

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
oh youve heard burl ives, you just dident know it
he did a lot of those holiday specials from back in the day that i still love to this day

porque no los dos? step in some poop before battering up the slipper
/emeril: bam!
im not expecting any of the starters to play this preseason for the rams but i do agree that kupp will regain the #1 receiver role and nakua will be #2
williams is still young but i dont mind seeing another set of hands on the field from time to time and from what i hear this guy is a fireplag so he could be seeing some touches on short yardage/ red zone plays
/if he can catch the ball and block he might get some extra playing time on 3rd downs
yeah, raheem morris left for a hc job in atl and i wish him all the best of luck

watched the womens gymnastics floor routines and this was amazing stuff!
i caught the whole event this after noon so i got to see the hoop, the ball routines, the baton thingies and the ribbon twirling
it was some sweet action!

Last edited:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Ah yes, poop on the slipper before cooking and eating, best of both worlds.
Actually this whole conversation is turning me off food.

Burl ives did a lot of those christmas songs? Alright, that genre seems right up his alley. Sometimes ill turn on those specials during the holiday season and the nostalgia hits me right in the face.

Ive been watching the evening recaps of the olympic action and ive been thirsty as heck. Finally got to see the US women's water polo team outside of the water and now i know why Pops is a fan:

water polo.jpg
water polo 1.jpg

There's a US heptathlon athlete named anna hall who's currently in bronze medal place:
hall.png

USA! USA!
Damn im a creep.

Verse was the Rams' first 1st rd pick in like 8 yrs, since Jared Goff back in 2016. Now that theyve pivoted and are loading up on young talent instead of going all in on free agency, we'll see if they can develop another defensive star. Aaron donald was 1 of 1 tho.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
Ah yes, poop on the slipper before cooking and eating, best of both worlds.
Actually this whole conversation is turning me off food.

Burl ives did a lot of those christmas songs? Alright, that genre seems right up his alley. Sometimes ill turn on those specials during the holiday season and the nostalgia hits me right in the face.

Ive been watching the evening recaps of the olympic action and ive been thirsty as heck. Finally got to see the US women's water polo team outside of the water and now i know why Pops is a fan:

View attachment 19045484 View attachment 19045485

There's a US heptathlon athlete named anna hall who's currently in bronze medal place:
View attachment 19045488

USA! USA!
Damn im a creep.

Verse was the Rams' first 1st rd pick in like 8 yrs, since Jared Goff back in 2016. Now that theyve pivoted and are loading up on young talent instead of going all in on free agency, we'll see if they can develop another defensive star. Aaron donald was 1 of 1 tho.
woowie zowie! are those some fine young water polo ladies; plus they are scrappy in the water
i watched some of the track and field yesterday and a noticed a lot of the ladies wore a scowl the whole time
i understand the game face but come on, its the olympics and the world is watching
smile and wave to the crowd
how about crab cakes baba? i had this craving for seafood after all those pics so i went to vons and aldis today!
cheap potato wedges were what i was after but they also had some good looking fish filets
got my mom some salmon at vons but went to aldis and picked up a bag of crab cakes and some battered cod!
i also saw popcorn shrimp and now im wishing i got a bag of those too
i have some awesome tarter sauce and you know its going to be on later today
you know im going to be watching these guys and if there is anything to report you know i got you covered
i like their energy!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I think the athletes will smile and wave when theyre introduced to the crowd and get cheers, but for the most part it's like u said, they have their game face on. Even more than that, theyre standing right next to their rivals, people theyve been competing against for years, so they need that eye of the tiger (hunter vs hunted) even more.

Sounds like u had a fried seafood feast, Pops, how was it? I like the idea of crab cakes but honestly unless ur dropping $20 for one it's usually a lot more cake than crab. Im not a big crab guy in general, i like it alright but the cheaper crab legs is a lot of work for not much meat.

Im well, DB, thx for asking. Did u start ur grow yet?

Last night we had 3 more preseason games. Justin Fields started for the steelers with chef russ nursing a calf injury. He had 2 fumbled snaps that may be more to blame on the center but also took 2 sacks in his 3 series played. Other than that he looked good actually passing the ball but it IS preseason.

Last edited:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
i was pleasantly surprised by the crab cakes and am going to get more next time i go back!
yeah, they were kind of bready but had a good taste and nice crunch out of the oven
served up on a bed of cole slaw they were pretty good!
now its time to work on the sauce
the battered fish was decent, your typical beer battered thin piece of cod
again good out of the oven
they had other stuff too and i might have to try something different next time i go
i also got some salmon at vons so im making that for my mom today for lunch with brown rice and asparagus
i also got her hooked on the popsicles! so i got her a bag of those too
yeah the preseason has kicked off and im getting geeked up for the games!
tonight i get to watch chargers v seattle and tomorrow its time to ram it
the rams game should be fun with a couple rookies on defense who should get some playing time and im sure we will see some jimmy.g taking some snaps
reaching the end of the olympics and its been so much fun to watch

@buzzmobile
you seeing any of those rains hitting the e.coast?

Last edited:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
The crab cakes were from Vonn's? Not sure i would trust crab cakes from the standard super market deli but makes me want to try some from Jewel, which is the standard grocery store around here.
Toasting it up in the oven was key, that's a good tip.
Brown rice, asparagus and salmon? That's really healthy. You eat like that all the time you'll be alright.

The rookie QBs looked good today, Caleb, JJ and Jayden daniels all had plays where u think "huh, that kid may be alright". And it wasnt entirely against 2nd or 3rd string defenses either, at least in caleb's case. But to be fair, preseason is deceiving. Kenny pickett looked great for the steelers in the preseason, barely averaged a TD a game when the real games started.

I missed the bears game today but saw caleb's highlights afterwards, ill try to catch some action tomorrow. Rams are playing? I want to see Stetson bennett get some snaps. Jimmy G might be interesting too if his shoulder is good and he's got some decent velocity again, but we've seen his ceiling and it's not high. I could very well be wrong tho.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
no the crab cakes were from aldis, in the frozen seafood section; they were decent for what they were and i will def get them again
yeah we had salmon and brown rice today, but you know tomorrow im back on the cheeseburgers (HMMMM????) or things like that
saw some bears highlights too, is it too early to call superbowl? highlightsto follow

chargers totally s' the bed today, but i liked the new kid alt on the o'line,#76 played a decent game
yeah, rams play 13:30/pst
im sure we will see stetson and i hope to see some jimmy g
plus these new guys on defense should get a few reps
so did you put any money on us mens basketball in the olympics baba?

Last edited:

buzzmobile

Veteran
you seeing any of those rains hitting the e.coast?
Fortunately, no. We were on the dry side of Debby, and she pulled all of the rain away from us.
The rookie QBs looked good today
I hope Jordan Travis can heal and learn this year with the Jets.
so did you put any money on us mens basketball in the olympics baba?
Holy SHIT!!! What a game. I cannot think of a better game. The King came out fired up and The Curry put the French in night night land. There were some great 4 x 400 relays before the Bball game too.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Ah ok, might have to check out those frozen crab cakes at aldi's, i heard theyre seasonal and not available year round. You ever try them out, Hawk?

It was a low scoring game in general but chargers werent playing any starters at the skill positions so they only mustered 3 pts. Plus this early in camp it seems like the defenses are ahead of the offenses.

I did bet on the US men's to win gold early on in the tourney, odds weren't great (-500 or so) but better than the US women's (-1000 or less). My prop bets and spread bet on the gold medal game all lost tho, us only won by 11 (line was 16.5), wembanyama went over pts and embiid went under, curry went way over 3.5 3's, won a parlay on lebron's pts/rebs/ast tho.

So it's been pretty dry lately, Buzz? No flooding in the grow room in a long time? The plants seem to do fine anyway but the cleanup and spraying mold killer isnt fun.

Looks like jordan travis isnt on the jets depth chart, he's still on the injury list so not even practicing. It's been 9 mths since his leg fracture, maybe it was a compound fracture cause it should have healed by now. But like u said, it's basically his redshirt year, tyrod taylor is rodgers' primary backup.

I missed the bball gold medal game, some of these games have been closer than you'd think, might be only a matter of time before the US men's loses to a hot shooting int'l team...

buzzmobile

Veteran
So it's been pretty dry lately, Buzz? No flooding in the grow room in a long time? The plants seem to do fine anyway but the cleanup and spraying mold killer isnt fun.

Looks like jordan travis isnt on the jets depth chart, he's still on the injury list so not even practicing. It's been 9 mths since his leg fracture, maybe it was a compound fracture cause it should have healed by now.
We get afternoon thunderstorms in the summer. There is no flooding when the trees and grass and weeds are actively growing. Winter is very rainy and we are far enough north that trees drop leaves and grass goes dormant. The plants are doing much better than I expected. I turned off the AC unit to save on electric bill and the higher temps in the room have not affected bud quality. I put the tiles down last winter as an experiment. They worked better than I expected. Much cleaner, very little algae under them, easy on my feet too. The algaecide is easy to apply with a tank sprayer and it is relatively benign.

Details of Travis' leg injury have not been released that I know of, but it was very bad to see his foot flopped in a direction it was not ever designed to flop. He will be in recovery and study mode this year.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
if you dont have a roku device go out and get one now! if you need $$ to help im here for you
turns out they have the wow on demand! and im very demanding
no more staying up past my bedtime eating tootsie rolls and frozen treats for me now
i can watch it at any time of day or night
/plus they had a lot of other cool shows!
this is really sweet action

i was wondering that about some items at aldis?
is it like costco and they might have something one day but once its gone its gone? or are these things they will always have
i will be sure to grab a couple packs next time i go and maybe buy a bunch more if i see they are running out
like @buzzmobile said, bron was in beast mode and curry put sauce on the game
so with the olympics games coming to a close and we are only in the preseason, what are you going to bet on?
is there some kind of thai foxy boxing i need to watch (they are all ladyboys)
rams play later today and im expecting to see j.verse get a few downs and maybe some of that new rb we got from michigan
e.stick looed way worse that the final score, im not going to pull up his stat line but he stunk out loud
but like you said, the defense has an edge in the preseason and i think sea might have had some starters in at least during the first quarter

@buzzmobile
glad you avoided a lot of the rain and destruction
/ its just gods way of creating more habitat for gators of you dident know
so what are your temps like indoors w/o the ac? do you have good airflow/ fans on the room
what kind of tiles did you lay down? are they ceramic?
glad to hears its easier on your feet, it all starts with the feet

so where is @superx
i think he is still camped out in some boggy field, possibly high on "things"
he is missing all the action

Last edited:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, that makes sense, all the green growing stuff drinks up the water before much of it can get into the ground.
That's pretty neat that you can turn off the a/c in the summer and the plants are still thriving. How hot does it get in there during lights on? Im assuming ur running lights during the night to help with temps.

Jordan was put in an air cast so you couldnt see if a bone was sticking out but they usually only use the air casts for really bad injuries like that. It's good the Jets are being patient with him, hopefully he regains most if not all of his mobility.

I have a couple old Roku's, like from 2015 or so, not sure if they're still useful but they were still 1080 HD at least. Are you paying for any subscriptions or just what u paid for the box?

I might try to bet on bears winning the next 2 preseason games, they might be one of those teams that go perfect in the preseason and do much worse when the games count. I hope im wrong tho.

Buzz laid down those foam/rubber floor tiles that people use for children's play rooms. Theyre water resistant and light weight, much easier to clean than ceramic tiles and you can toss them around without breaking.

Stetson bennett played the whole game for the rams, threw 4 int's, 2 were when he didnt see an underneath defender coming across, one was an overthrow or maybe miscommunication, and one was to a receiver surrounded by 3 defenders. That's not great, but he somewhat redeemed himself when he led a game winning drive capped by a sidearm TD pass after scrambling to his left. If the game hadn't been low scoring in general (that was the only TD of the game) it would have been an ugly loss. But he got the win and kept battling after every turnover so there's that.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
turns out jimmy.g is suspended for the first couple games of the season for ped use

stetson was up and down today, but pulled a rabit out of the hat in the end
he put in terrible play for the first 3/4 of the game but found his groove on the last drive and
thats all that anyone will remember, i think he had like 4int (the 5th was called back because of a penalty)
one guy who seemed to stand out to me was the young wr named jordan whittington
he had decent numbers at the combine and looked ready to play at the next level in his preseason debut
/i hope he finds a place on the regular season roster
no sign of the new rookies from fla @buzzmobile but you could see they were on the sidelines following the action
oh i get it now! thats for clarifying that baba
those floor mats are squishy and would be easy to clean
i have amazon prime plus my sister gave me some of her passwords, but i find im pretty much just watch pluto tv , i just discovered they even have on demand stuff

rams play det next saturday! and while i dont expect to see goof or any of the big timers play, this could be a good game
we will see how the bears do next week! the new qb showed up to play and he cant be any worse than what you had

Last edited:

buzzmobile

Veteran
@buzzmobile
glad you avoided a lot of the rain and destruction
/ its just gods way of creating more habitat for gators of you dident know
so what are your temps like indoors w/o the ac? do you have good airflow/ fans on the room
what kind of tiles did you lay down? are they ceramic?
glad to hears its easier on your feet, it all starts with the feet
H-word Season is a roll of the dice and a guessing game. The worst part is coming soon.

Foam tiles.
FlooringInc-Rainbow-Colored-Foam-Tile-Playmats-2ft-x-2ft-Children-s-Portable-Soft-Flooring-12-Tile-Pack_03b4ddd4-96b6-4a02-819c-1cbdec21402a.759e0402334f0a547a0240970fdb4364.jpeg

P8110005.JPG

The highest temperature that I have seen so far this summer was 91.9F. I have wall mounted oscillating fans and two ducted exhaust fans that discharge into attic space.

Free Admission if you mention my name to the doorperson.
Yeah, that makes sense, all the green growing stuff drinks up the water before much of it can get into the ground.
That's pretty neat that you can turn off the a/c in the summer and the plants are still thriving. How hot does it get in there during lights on? Im assuming ur running lights during the night to help with temps.
This is the first summer not running AC and I am surprised how well the buds are developing. Anything above 85F made fluffy airy buds under HPS. I run the lights during the day.

The tiles block the light from reaching the cracked, seeping concrete floor. In the winter the combo of wet floor and light grows algae and moss. The steady flow of ground water makes it difficult to control and by the end of the winter it can get slippery and not much fun to work down there. Last winter the tiles changed that. Water seeped under them and the floor was clean .
no sign of the new rookies from fla
There are no rookies from fla. They are from Florida State.

ROKU has lots to find. I did not know about WOW, so I looked for it.
Wow.

Latest posts

Latest posts