What's new

MotherLode Gardens 2015

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
So i just woke up and got on the phone, found another place that rents skid steers. They are dropping one off at my place in a couple hours. No deposit necessary, in fact they dont even take credit cards. I'm supposed to pay the delivery driver cash when he picks it up

they asked me do i want teeth on the bucket, and i said no. but idk if thats right

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
thats what i figured.

im stoked, i can get these last pots filled and get all the plants in the ground, and i dont have to break my back hauling a wheelbarrow full of dirt all day

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
so i have a day to use this skid steer to get this dirt
DTMsYd9l.jpg

into these pots
wFzJzRsl.jpg

Calidude

I'd gladly trade you some seeds for next season for some Ancients... I'm making a few different crosses this season - skylotus x blue dream, pink panther x g13hp (preserve line), ancient OG x ssh, afghan/skunk x blue dream, etc.

I'll be happy to do that.

Schrews....good stuff on the steer.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
So i just woke up and got on the phone, found another place that rents skid steers. They are dropping one off at my place in a couple hours. No deposit necessary, in fact they dont even take credit cards. I'm supposed to pay the delivery driver cash when he picks it up

they asked me do i want teeth on the bucket, and i said no. but idk if thats right

hah what the fuck no CC deposit? thats risky on their part you could easily flip that thing off the side of a mountain and they wouldn't be able to do shit haha!

but hey can't complain about that. hopefully you have some fun with that thing, you can use it to do so much shit. dragging huge piles of brush and debris is also a good thing to do, i like to use the dead trees and brush from cleared areas to block pathways and create natural barriers. maybe even flatten out your driveway better, all sorts of cool property improvement stuff.

welcome to the earthmover club, you know your a real grower when you gotta use heavy equipment to move dirt!

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
hah what the fuck no CC deposit? thats risky on their part you could easily flip that thing off the side of a mountain and they wouldn't be able to do shit haha!
i was trying to say yesterday, things are different here. but none of yas believed me when i said the rental place doesnt take deposits
welcome to the earthmover club, you know your a real grower when you gotta use heavy equipment to move dirt!
got 6 pots filled already, only 4 left. i hope i have enough dirt

UBukutAl.jpg

eYRh8Sfl.jpg

jd123

Awesome man. What a great way to start your week! I just plugged this spot today. Finish up the rest tomorrow. I like that your doing it solo this year, real men get shit done on their own.

Attachments

• 2015-06-01 18.18.20-1.jpg
    2015-06-01 18.18.20-1.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 21

Calidude

Awesome man. What a great way to start your week! I just plugged this spot today. Finish up the rest tomorrow. I like that your doing it solo this year, real men get shit done on their own.

Is that fabric on the bottom of those boxes? Very nice.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
so i got 9 pots filled completely. The rest of the dirt is spread out so its hard to get the last bit unless i use a shovel

just tilt the skid steer bucket to push the dirt in to a pile again and then scoop it up. and if you can't do that because you can't operate it delicately enough yet, just shovel it in tot he skid steer bucket and go do what you need to do. You're stoked.

skid steer is a big diesel powered shovel