What's new

MotherLode Gardens 2015

milkyjoe

Veteran
The point being the yr is slightly less than half over. Stay positive and open to new opportunities. Who knows what will happen. Just that when you are feeling like a victim you don't see the amazing opportunity out there.

I think bb's message is entirely positive...and I agree

milkyjoe

Veteran
Nature doesn't judge best or worse...it just is. Best/worst...those are human judgements based on personal paradigms.

Worst can actually be best if it forces you to look with new eyes and no judgement. Fuck labels.

bobblehead

Veteran
Nature doesn't judge best or worse...it just is. Best/worst...those are human judgements based on personal paradigms.

Worst can actually be best if it forces you to look with new eyes and no judgement. Fuck labels.

I would have to disagree. Nature judges all of us. It's called survival of the fittest. The strong survive and the weak are culled. Human's try to play god, but nature always wins in the end.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
So how much better was using a machine instead of a wheelbarrow to do your pots? do you feel like you saved time or used your time more wisely? Do you think that you'll set up drip irrigation?

You could do 24 pots with 3 500' rolls of drip line , do you have a storage tank yet? what's up..

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
I don't know why the powers that be hate on him so much. his perspective is actually extremely accurate and from a place of experience.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
So how much better was using a machine instead of a wheelbarrow to do your pots? do you feel like you saved time or used your time more wisely? Do you think that you'll set up drip irrigation?

You could do 24 pots with 3 500' rolls of drip line , do you have a storage tank yet? what's up..
saved time for sure. I could only fill 2-3 pots per day wit a wheelbarrow.

No storage tank yet. I dont have anything but a hose and a brand new watering wand. Def want to set up drip lines asap but i dont really know where to start

How big of a tank do i need? Can i just put it on some flat ground
Or do i need to build a platform or something.

Fuck i can already tell this is gonna be hard.

O

Oakhills

You gotta admit, there ain't nothing better than a new watering utensil. Be it wand or drip.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
How much do you water each 800? I'd put 60 gallons on each one. 60x24 is 1500 gallons I would get a 3000 gallon tank. You can put it on a flat spot. Honda 1.5" gas pump will run your whole garden.

Once you get the tank set up run 1.5" line from the bulk head using a 2" threaded to 1.5" barbed adapter ... Double hose clamp is nice here.. Off that 1.5" line you'll cut in to it and splice in 1.5x.5 T run .5" poly to the pot use 2 90 degree elbows to make a riser then hook up the drip line.

To close the end you can just kink it and throw a hose clamp on it

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
How much do you water each 800? I'd put 60 gallons on each one. 60x24 is 1500 gallons I would get a 3000 gallon tank. You can put it on a flat spot. Honda 1.5" gas pump will run your whole garden.

Once you get the tank set up run 1.5" line from the bulk head using a 2" threaded to 1.5" barbed adapter ... Double hose clamp is nice here.. Off that 1.5" line you'll cut in to it and splice in 1.5x.5 T run .5" poly to the pot use 2 90 degree elbows to make a riser then hook up the drip line.

To close the end you can just kink it and throw a hose clamp on it
i guess it doesn't sound that hard after all. only thing i'm stuck on is how do you keep the storage tank filled? also where does the pump go, and how often do you re-fuel it?

Latest posts

Latest posts