What's new

MotherLode Gardens 2015

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
Triple or quad planting works best with clone because seeds all have different color and structure and you can easily tell it's not one giant plant.

the obvious is often lost on screws and the others that are giving him advice in this thread.

Sheriffs and code enforcement at not farmers.
They are likely to not see things the way you do.
where I live they would definitely have no idea.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Triple or quad planting works best with clone because seeds all have different color and structure and you can easily tell it's not one giant plant.
the obvious is often lost on screws and the others that are giving him advice in this thread.
What would you guys have me do? I dont have any clones and i dont have a time machine.

I had 3 dif seed plants in one pot last year and after a month you couldnt tell they were different plants . Even my friends who saw it thought it was one plant.

The cops up here arent exactly horticulturists so im hoping (theres that word again) they dont notice even if they do show up. Plus all the triple-planted pots have only one strain each, so they wont look too drastically different especially not the color, im not growing any purple strains.

Sheriffs and code enforcement at not farmers.
They are likely to not see things the way you do.
where I live they would definitely have no idea.
Thats basically how i see it.

As I'm sure you already know confidence goes a long way when dealing with them. I don't know about your county but over here they have a tendency to take peoples word for things like plant count because of how busy they are.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I had 3 dif seed plants in one pot last year and after a month you couldnt tell they were different plants . Even my friends who saw it thought it was one plant.

3 different seed plants. two Flo x OG and one ACDC x Good Medicine.

at planting:
sblXcOBl.jpg

one week:
0zMM8NGl.jpg

four weeks:
erfxbcUl.jpg

6 weeks:
Qss7PYql.jpg

3 months:
ly3cne1l.jpg

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Out of curiosity how were your roots? Did the hold the soil together?

Yah there were no root/soil issues, just a little crowding where the plants grew together. We planted those starts in july , pulled 6 pounds from a 400 . I still have a jar full of Flo OG, it's amazing. Doing that strain again this year.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
I would have you listen to the advice I was giving you since the beginning of the thread.

I'm pretty sure one of the things I said was to abandon growing 12 different strains and to pick up healthy clones of 1-2 strains so you can make your life easy...But what the fuck do I know

milkyjoe

Veteran
Yah there were no root/soil issues, just a little crowding where the plants grew together. We planted those starts in july , pulled 6 pounds from a 400 . I still have a jar full of Flo OG, it's amazing. Doing that strain again this year.

I mean what you are planting right now. Sorry I was not clear on that

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I would have you listen to the advice I was giving you since the beginning of the thread.

I'm pretty sure one of the things I said was to abandon growing 12 different strains and to pick up healthy clones of 1-2 strains so you can make your life easy...But what the fuck do I know
ok point taken. but I think seeds are more resilient, and also they don't need supp lighting. And i would rather have the strains i am growing than any clones.

dont think having seeds triple-planted instead of clones will make much of a difference for a compliance check... Im only planting one strain per pot, and once they grow into each other it is hard to tell there is multiple plants

IF i have bad luck and get checked this month then seeds vs clones won't matter anyway because its easy to tell there is three plants per pot when they are little.

IMO its not a black-and-white issue, there are pros and cons to seeds vs clones in my garden

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I mean what you are planting right now. Sorry I was not clear on that
they have healthy roots growing out the bottom of the smartpots. soil held together fine for the most part, only a couple rootballs started to fall apart when i took them out but i think they were too wet. it wasn't bad and i held them together so no worries. THe transplants all look happy this morning.

there were a few rejects of course, some starts that dont look too happy, so they arent getting planted.

jd123

I dont know shit about seeds, always been a clone guy. Im doing 30 blue dream, 30 jager and 12 misc. Harvesting is such a bitch with a bunch of diff plants. Is it possible to
get seeds that the bud all looks similar? I did a fat seed garden a few years back and all the plants were huge and healthy, but when harvest came I hated having to section off and label each and every plant.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
Yes it's possible but it takes careful selection of seed stock, and if you're making it yourself , then parents.

I have 34 d.o.g and and 32 d.o.g x Chemdog 4 bc3 from south fork seeds.

I grew out 30 seeds of the dog x chemdog indoor, and they were super homogenous. Can easily shake and bake something like that. However the parents in the cross are genetic gold so it isn't a surprise that the children were very uniform and of high quality.

I'd be scared to trust my grow to another breeder because most don't keep,the same males and females so the crosses aren't the same, you can see in bodhis catalog for example, lots of v2 and remix on the names...what if it's just not as good outside or as consistent as the original cross I tried? I don't know..seems like you'd want to keep,repeating proven winning combos like they do in the dog world,

Lots of influence on south fork breeding style coming in from the methodology of game dog and game cock breeders

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Is it possible to
get seeds that the bud all looks similar?
If you want uniform product then probably should use clones. With seds usually there is some variation. but uniformity is not my concern, good yield and quality are. I can sell mixed packs no problem.
I did a fat seed garden a few years back and all the plants were huge and healthy, but when harvest came I hated having to section off and label each and every plant.
did you separate every plant in order to sell them for more? cuz you could just toss everything in the same bag , and as long as they look ok people will take the mixed units for a decent price