What's new

MotherLode Gardens 2015

milkyjoe

Veteran
Dude...c'mon now. You are willing to go over plant count by triple ( we have pics)...but not willing to run 1/2 dozen 23 watt lights an hour a night under panda. C'mon...lets get honest

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Dude...c'mon now. You are willing to go over plant count by triple ( we have pics)...but not willing to run 1/2 dozen 23 watt lights an hour a night under panda. C'mon...lets get honest
I am actually over my plant count by way more than triple... i still have all my starts. Once i get 3 per pot and kill the rest it will be an improvement. Then, only a few weeks until they grow together and hopefully nobody will be the wiser. I am pushing my luck but it's getting easier every day.

I try to get my plants in their permanent pots by June 1st. Like i just said to byf i dont think this time in the season is late enough to put clones out without supp lighting, so i would need to have lights on my hillside. no panda plastic. That is riskier than just being over my numbers

I feel like yall are saying i didnt think things through, but i did. based on my experience last year i think some clones can flower outside in june with no supp lighting.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
You really wouldn't , it's all about clone selection plant health and hormonal balance inside the plant
I know because I do what I'm telling you with no problems

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
well hold on just let me hop in my time machine, keep some mothers, cut some clones, set up a greenhouse . then i can grow one or two phenos instead of 70.

or i could just pop seeds and do what i did

will there be a big difference in how much $ i make in the fall, maybe. nobody can say.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I'd figure you'd want to fast forward to the part where you have the big stack but that's me

well maybe that's because youre growing the same old strains you are used to, and you are bored of the whole process. I really love making/watching my garden grow , it is one of my biggest creative outlets besides playing music. This thread is part of it. Money comes and goes but if I had a million dollars i would probably still want to grow giant weed plants from seed and take pictures of them.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
But you're not making any of your own seeds or crosses so what are you creating ? I'm actually making the seeds I'm growing in my garden

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
But you're not making any of your own seeds or crosses so what are you creating ?
i'm creating a garden. duh.

I'm actually making the seeds I'm growing in my garden
I've never done it before but i want to make some seeds this year. Definitely going to cross some of the bodhi plants i have now. Plus I have access to all sorts of genetics so i just need to figure out what kind of breeder i want to be, and then get started..

believe me i have already thought about how much more fun it would be to grow my own crosses

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
Well I just missed the creative process of making smart pots and then hand watering them. Seems to be kind of the same process as other guys doing the same thing.

Innovate brah!

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Well I just missed the creative process of making smart pots and then hand watering them. Seems to be kind of the same process as other guys doing the same thing.

Innovate brah!

every song ever written uses the same 8 notes, and even the beatles started out doing cover songs.

jd123

BYF Whats Tom think of your mounds? What do you think of big holes? I saw that vid of his 2014 garden and saw he was still doing fabric containers, atleast in that section. I wish he would come back around here. Im going through big plants and using advanced search for all his posts. FIllthepotmore has some big'ole blue dream pics in there. Butte, tom, humboldtlocal, Fill, I dug all their posts.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
I have trenches too and they're cool it all works , fabric containers work good for his places ... I even have 10 of them because they work for the spot trick ... I think for next year I'm gonna just knock the mounds down and try to get two cover crop rounds in and plant

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I finished planting all the pots in the old garden. but i still havent filled the new pots yet. I talked to the equipment rental place and they kind of fucked me over, told me last week that i could get a skid steer on monday, but i called today and they said there is another person ahead of me in line so i have to wait until thursday. That means i have to start filling pots with a wheelbarrow.

I am going to call around tomorrow and try to find another place near me that rents skid steers, otherwise its gonna suck moving that dirt. But at least i will get a proper workout!

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
There's often two or three places around and you can even get one from a little farther out.

When I rent one, it's coming from 60 miles away.

Latest posts

Latest posts