What's new

MotherLode Gardens 2015

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
slept all afternoon and woke up just before sunset to water and do some transplants. I'm really happy to have some plants in the ground finally. Tonight got an Ancient OG, a Blueberry Hashplant, and a Dream Beaver single-planted.

tomorrow morning going to triple-plant some Love Triangle, Sorcerer's Apprentice, and Afkansastan X Snow Lotus ladies

sunset:
PNFlrY1l.jpg

Bz7o1X0l.jpg

O

Oakhills

They'll be loving it in that soil for sure. I hope you kept an Ancient OG male for pollinating.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
They'll be loving it in that soil for sure. I hope you kept an Ancient OG male for pollinating.

i have a bunch of males all different strains, soon i will flower out the best ones indoors and save pollen. definitely saving the biggest Ancient OG male for some breeding.

S

StanKDanK

glad to see plants in pots bro.. I hope you beat last year

i got a very easy tea recipe to spray your girls is made with 1.5 pounds of bacterial-dominated compost (ewc work well) 2 ounces of cane sugar or molasses and 1 ounce of soluble kelp
you can use a paint strainer bag and 5 gallon bucket to bubble you own tea for 12 - 24 hours and those plants will get huge fast. get those microbes working for you

Last edited:

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I posted five times what pump to use . North Star 70 psi 2.2 gpm

what do you plug that into? obv not a 120v plug. Do i need to buy a battery too? I thought this was a simple setup! Pump, Sprayer, am i missing something? dont forget i am kind of retarded about this stuff.

Also what's a good portable spray container, since i dont have an atv yet and my plants are scattered all over? or could i just use a really long hose? How does the whole setup work, like do i need to put it on something?

now im tripping out picturing myself hauling a wheelbarrow with a battery and a rubbermaid tub full of foliar feed liquid and a pump, up and down the hillside with nutrients sloshing onto my legs and a hose/sprayer dragging along behind..

i cant keep using my current one though. my arms will start to look like popeye when the plants get big
hxGTLM7l.jpg

Bo Hasset

Damn. I didn't realize there was a CPS down in Yuba City. I want to grab a powder keg full of that Albion Calcium next time I head that way. I'm so tired of paying the crack prices AG Mart in Chico charges for Calcium-25. They sell it by the ounce in a ziploc bag, which I find strange, and never seem to have a full jar for sale when I'm in there.

I love pretty much everything else about that store as far as loving high sticker prices on bottled water goes, though. Seriously, though... they're pretty good folks for the most part. They're having a huge sale and BBQ Customer Appreciation deal tomorrow. I'm going to try and get over there to pick up a grip of chicken shit and Oyster shell. I also need to grab a few totes of straight peat moss.

You should come down, BYF. And bring springfed. I'll buy us a real dinner at Raw Bar afterwards. If anyone else in the area sees this, then y'all come on out, too! Just look for the tall guy with a beard walking around aimlessly. Since that only describes, like, 9 out of 10 people that hang around the free crap giveaway days at the hydro store. I should be easy to spot. I'll be stoned, too. Lulz.

Bo Hasset

Triple post for the win!

Dude... if you're really tripping on a foliar set-up and are tight on what you can spend for one, then go to any Tractor Supply or Harbor Freight and buy one of the pull along 15 or 30 Gallon diaphragm pump sprayers charged by a 12 V battery, which I'm sure you have laying around and if not a used one is cheap. Then buy a 100 ft of some high PSI tubing like you might see on an air compressor and switch that out for the tubing the sprayer comes with. They're definitely cheap, but I've made them last multiple seasons with some common sense maintenance and storage. You can walk out the door with a full set-up for $150 and since it's mobile and has 100 ft of hose your problems on a hillside are solved.

You're welcome and if nobody has told you yet today... I love ya, brah!

i dont have the right attachment to take off the housing and work on it. and i have a lot of screwdrivers. just not the one i need to work on the thing i need to fix. or at least if i have it i can't find it. 6pointed star-shaped thing

i might be lucky that i can't open the weedwacker, with my luck i will break it more trying to fix it. i dont think you guys understand how bad i am with things.

i'm one of those people who doesn't learn something until he's fucked it up in every way imaginable, and then seen somebody else who knows what they're doing fix it multiple times . slow learner.

I can fix anything if I take it apart first but damn me all to hell if you hand me something that has never been assembled with a set of instructions or manual , a camera is a great tool, take a couple pics and you can look back later to remember how it looked before you smoked 3 bluntz lol

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
Triple post for the win!

Dude... if you're really tripping on a foliar set-up and are tight on what you can spend for one, then go to any Tractor Supply or Harbor Freight and buy one of the pull along 15 or 30 Gallon diaphragm pump sprayers charged by a 12 V battery, which I'm sure you have laying around and if not a used one is cheap. Then buy a 100 ft of some high PSI tubing like you might see on an air compressor and switch that out for the tubing the sprayer comes with. They're definitely cheap, but I've made them last multiple seasons with some common sense maintenance and storage. You can walk out the door with a full set-up for $150 and since it's mobile and has 100 ft of hose your problems on a hillside are solved.

You're welcome and if nobody has told you yet today... I love ya, brah!

Described the set up at least five times to him.

Schrews, you need a bulkhead , 3/4" install that in whatever domaines you want the. Get a 3/4 to 3/8 or 5/8 thread to barb adapter and screw that in your bulk head then hook the barb up.

Yes you hook it up to a battery, I've been telling you, 12v North Star 2.2 gpm 70psi pump.

I actually have a barrel Thats set up and ready to go if you want it. Just needs hose pump sprayer

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran
i dont have the right attachment to take off the housing and work on it. and i have a lot of screwdrivers. just not the one i need to work on the thing i need to fix. or at least if i have it i can't find it. 6pointed star-shaped thing

i might be lucky that i can't open the weedwacker, with my luck i will break it more trying to fix it. i dont think you guys understand how bad i am with things.

i'm one of those people who doesn't learn something until he's fucked it up in every way imaginable, and then seen somebody else who knows what they're doing fix it multiple times . slow learner.
Available at ANY hardware store
picture.php

Torx bit is the name, man shrews you can tell all the big dogs that roam the outdoor thread just wanna see U do awesome and wanna see u make it as easy as possible on yourself, if they dident they wouldn't waste there breath and I know U know that cuz U have never snapped back at them even when there getting frustrated with you. Whatever the case may be or how ever U get to the end of the year one thing can't be denied you showed last year that you got the chops to grow sum monster beauties.

Lol this thread cracks me up tho I'm surprised back yard farmer dident have a coronary when U posted a pic of that little spray bottle lol!! this is the place to be this year just like last year. Looking forward to seeing sum more garden shots soon.

milkyjoe

Veteran
Hey....if shrews uses a gt spray bottle for 24 big plants I got nuttin but respect. Popeye fer sure...I would be afraid to masturbate with that hand by next fall.

Lol that's what I'm saying Joe, I got much respect for shrews, that's sum Badass stuff right there. I can see him getting ready to spray down those monsters last year, busting out sum spinach and his pipe and going to town 1 quart at a time lol.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
Lol this thread cracks me up tho I'm surprised back yard farmer dident have a coronary when U posted a pic of that little spray bottle lol!! this is the place to be this year just like last year. Looking forward to seeing sum more garden shots soon.

Despite what some may think I have a good sense of humor