What's new

MotherLode Gardens 2015

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Would that be the same no problem as the non problems you were or are having waiting for "homies" to do right by you ... Or?

I have no problem selling packs.

Last season I fronted some units to friends as a favor, because they were broke and we go back a long way. I knew when i fronted them that i probably wouldn't see the money for a while, but somehow that didnt make it any less disappointing. I could have sold them myself COD no problem, like i did with most of my harvest. but i'm a nice guy, probably too nice because i ended up needing the money before they felt like paying me.

sucks when most of your people are scraping by and want to use you for weed/money/whatever.

milkyjoe

Veteran
Yes it's possible but it takes careful selection of seed stock, and if you're making it yourself , then parents.

I have 34 d.o.g and and 32 d.o.g x Chemdog 4 bc3 from south fork seeds.

I grew out 30 seeds of the dog x chemdog indoor, and they were super homogenous. Can easily shake and bake something like that. However the parents in the cross are genetic gold so it isn't a surprise that the children were very uniform and of high quality.

I'd be scared to trust my grow to another breeder because most don't keep,the same males and females so the crosses aren't the same, you can see in bodhis catalog for example, lots of v2 and remix on the names...what if it's just not as good outside or as consistent as the original cross I tried? I don't know..seems like you'd want to keep,repeating proven winning combos like they do in the dog world,

Lots of influence on south fork breeding style coming in from the methodology of game dog and game cock breeders

When are we gonna see wcd x a bx3 nice og?

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
Working on putting OG in to seed form now.

Making some side projects of DOG x SFV/Chem for personal exploration and for the Terp Circle

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I'd be scared to trust my grow to another breeder because most don't keep,the same males and females so the crosses aren't the same, you can see in bodhis catalog for example, lots of v2 and remix on the names...what if it's just not as good outside or as consistent as the original cross I tried?

that's why i chose mostly Bodhi strains that use the Snow Lotus male.

jd123

Jager is usually a 6-7 pounder. Grows nice and squat, easy to support. But the pre-flowering
sensitivity is high. Theyre pretty much going to go into bloom a little bit but they pull out pretty quick.

I cant mix bags, my customer base wouldnt appreciate it. Im like retarded picky when it comes to bag appeal and so is my main buyer, we get along well.

I have to look into getting some seeds from south fork.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
i ran a bunch of seed strains last year and most of the phenos were similar enough to just mix together in the bags and no one knew better. only in the coastal collision (sfv x ecsd) was the variance different enogh to justify seperating, but that was mostly because one of the phenos was light years better in terms of smell than the others had to be seperated for head stash.

jd123

I have no problem selling packs.

Last season I fronted some units to friends as a favor, because they were broke and we go back a long way. I knew when i fronted them that i probably wouldn't see the money for a while, but somehow that didnt make it any less disappointing. I could have sold them myself COD no problem, like i did with most of my harvest. but i'm a nice guy, probably too nice because i ended up needing the money before they felt like paying me.

sucks when most of your people are scraping by and want to use you for weed/money/whatever.

Dude the biggest lesson I learned was after my first 200+ pound harvest. I bought one of my workers a nice truck (with the agreement to work it off obviously) He was a top notch hardass worker, you couldnt really ask for much better the only problem was he didn't have a set of wheels and I was having to shuttle. long story short, I ended up with a new truck I didnt want or need and he ended up in a guillotine gasping for air. Never again.

Bo Hasset

I've been burnt a few times because some folks seem to mistake kindness as a sign of weakness, but kind of like jd123 was saying... that [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]guillotine tends to give folks a different view.

I normally throw in the phrase, "And most importantly, your mom doesn't live here, so pick up your shit and remember I'm not running a fucking Salvation Army soup kitchen..." when driving a new prospect up the hill.

Equal pay for equal work all day.
[/FONT]

theJointedOne

Veteran
The real logic behind planting proven clone only cultivars is that you know what to expect.....which is crucial to successful agriculture.

Knowing harvest dates and planning accordingly really let's you take advantage of the harvest, dry space, trimmers, ect....not to mention what others here can relate to and that is the amount of freaking partials and random bags of this and that when you run seed.

Not saying seed can't be commercial. And I get the vibe that you're kinda middle of the road between commercial and headstash, in terms if your desires for farming, not that I would try to speculate further...its your farm :) and you've already proven you can grow big trees

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
The real logic behind planting proven clone only cultivars is that you know what to expect.....which is crucial to successful agriculture.
yah but clones need supp lighting, which would be a big red flag at my spot. successful agriculture is things that make it to harvest without being chopped by pigs.

i can ballpark the harvest dates for my seed plants this season, since i did a few bodhi strains last year i think everything will finish around 2-3 weeks into october except the Afkansastan x Snow Lotus which will be done earlier. Finding enough reliable people to harvest/trim is gonna be another issue though ..

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Not saying seed can't be commercial. And I get the vibe that you're kinda middle of the road between commercial and headstash, in terms if your desires for farming, not that I would try to speculate further...its your farm :) and you've already proven you can grow big trees
This garden is for money not headstash, but i also grow because i love weed and it's fun for me. But it's not fun dealing with clones preflowering, or even worse, dealing with a visit from the cops because of supp lighting. Maybe with seeds, harvest is a bit more complicated but even that part is more fun because you get to see all the different varieties for the first time.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
My favorite is when trimmers think they should get some weed too, you've been getting paid weekly for your work, but you think you deserve a bonus for just doing your job which you've been compensated for? Their faces when you tell them that since they're collective members you can take a 100 dollar per oz donation is awesome

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
My favorite is when trimmers think they should get some weed too, you've been getting paid weekly for your work, but you think you deserve a bonus for just doing your job which you've been compensated for? Their faces when you tell them that since they're collective members you can take a 100 dollar per oz donation is awesome

Ive never had anyone demand weed, after i paid them for trimming. That would probably be the last time i use them. But if it's a friend i always give them a few buds anyway. I have several jars full of headstash just for giving to visitors

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
You're a stoner bro just admit it , you get money because you have a grey market commodity , in a Legal model with your current situation you're dead in the water boss.

Have you ever thought that you could fuckin' get some panda plastic and pull it over the car port green house I've been begging you to start using and at 1 hour a night max with a timer you're not going to be setting off red flags.

It's all about interrupting the night cycle until the terminal day length is long enough that the cuts won't flower , if you've been just doing a short interruption starting at one hour in early May and weekly shorting your interupt period by 15 min until around this time 90% of stuff can go right in the ground with no more lighting once in the pot as the days are increasing big time from now till 6-21.

Come the fuck on and be honest with yourself ... No clones because no carport because seeds you can just throw down and you like having a bunch of different jars. I bet every partial bag went in your headstash

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
Well what's even funnier is that I give my trimmers a half pound to smoke off of and they need to ration it amongst themselves for the duration of the scene...keeps them from raping me a cola at a time

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
You're a stoner bro just admit it , you get money because you have a grey market commodity , in a Legal model with your current situation you're dead in the water boss.
whose legal model? and what makes you think you wont be dead in the water too?

if you've been just doing a short interruption starting at one hour in early May and weekly shorting your interupt period by 15 min until around this time 90% of stuff can go right in the ground with no more lighting once in the pot as the days are increasing big time from now till 6-21.
that's still an unnacceptable 10% risk, which is probably in reality more like 20-25% risk. last year we had preflowering issues with clones even though we did basically exactly what you just described.

Come the fuck on and be honest with yourself ... No clones because no carport because seeds you can just throw down and you like having a bunch of different jars.
i 've been wanting to grow these seeds for a while now, it has nothing to do with not having a greenhouse yet.

I bet every partial bag went in your headstash
we had to split the partials 3 ways, and I actually sold most of mine, only kept a little bit of headies from certain strains. You must be thinking of Drue Bleam haha.

maxmurder

Veteran
Ive never had anyone demand weed, after i paid them for trimming. That would probably be the last time i use them. But if it's a friend i always give them a few buds anyway. I have several jars full of headstash just for giving to visitors

give a handful of littles and tell em to roll heeeeeelllaaa doobies hahahahahah.

Latest posts

Latest posts