What's new

MotherLode Gardens 2015

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
Do not let anyone talk you into that malibu biodynamic compost. It is a total shit show. The biodynamic people should stand up and say something. 3 months for biodynamic compost...fuck those lying pieces of shit.

Just my opinion...dumbasses may have a different one :tiphat:

Don't you know they have a special process that makes it go faster than is biologically possible?

epicorchard

I know I am late in the game but rare earth is giving me the run around on getting soil mixed..they finally gave a price per yard, but now they are saying that they aren't sure they will be able to deliver it and I will need to find my own delivery truck? Did you have to do this shcrews? I am closer to Shasta. If anyone else has a link on a good place that will mix and deliver soil please pm me.

last year I grew some monsters in the champion mix from axner excavating off of Oregon trail rd in redding. You can buy amendments from norcal hydro next door, and axner will blend for $5 a yard.

jd123

Start a thread and come up with some specific questions and I'll come through and tell you what I would do.[/quote]

Start that thread! That's pretty much what Im looking for also.
I pulled just shy of an 8 lb average last year doing 60 plants. Which isn't all that hard. I have good sun exposure, big holes and nice irrigation.

What I don't know is the science and biology behind everything. How distinguish different deficiencies, how to know exactly what my soil needs and why. Stuff like that.

We need another big plants thread.

Sorry we've been blowin up your thread homie...guess its the place to be!

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
Start a thread and come up with some specific questions and I'll come through and tell you what I would do

Start that thread! That's pretty much what Im looking for also.
I pulled just shy of an 8 lb average last year doing 60 plants. Which isn't all that hard. I have good sun exposure, big holes and nice irrigation.

What I don't know is the science and biology behind everything. How distinguish different deficiencies, how to know exactly what my soil needs and why. Stuff like that.

We need another big plants thread.

Sorry we've been blowin up your thread homie...guess its the place to be!

I'll never be able to fully explain what you want to learn via corresponding online. Yes I coukd give you a brief explanation of the chemistry and mechanics but if you really want to know, Check out Michael astera book and Albrecht's foundation principles and you'll be off to a good start. Really all the acres usa reading list is banging

bamboogardner

Just love being called out by the Backyard Liar. Here is what his peers think of him.

No they kept it VERY tight and me prying the cuts away took work, real world relationships , things of equal value , hard work and dedication to this plant........no plant I've ever gotten has been whored out by me..

This :laughing: ain't true in the slightest...you got practically everything you've gotten by Lying, Dishonesty, False Representation, Trade Baiting, Hypocrisy, and the Ilk.

And many of your best cuts were shared freely with you to be shared freely with others and instead you hoarded them...to what end? So you could have trade bait for the next "elite cut"...so you could act like you were special...you tell me?

And what of all the lies...well? You've never admitted to a single lie and yet your lies are everywhere...a decade worth of them...you told my bro you created Super Silver Haze in 2004 (In the real world), you sold Kid Rock your Northern Lights back in 1990, what, when you were 4 (real world numbers). You're my partner, my brother...you created or selected everything I did? The whole time you're lying behind my back about everything...is your dad HA? No. Is your grandfather B.E.? No. Are you my Brother? No. Did you have anything to do with Bombthreat? No. Nothing but dishonesty and deceit man...it never ends.

What I don't get...why are the lies & dishonesty necessary Backyard Farmer/VegNout/Dusty/Danimal/Etc...well?

You have become a badass grower...you grow more than most of the cats on IC in a single season...you have the upper echelon of elite cuts in the world...you have the potential to breed with cup winning stock...you have the skills to make something that's your own...and still you feel the need to put on a front and keep up a charade of dishonesty.

I honestly think this is one of those instances where if you were able to be honest with yourself and everyone else your entire life could/would change in ways you could never imagine...tell the truth, keep it real, be honest, stop living the lie.

And while this is directed at you BF...it applies to many in our game & industry...even some of the perceived best in the game are building their lives on lies...for what? $$$'s Sad.

Apologies to all...rant over. :fsu:

That rant was by the respected Nspecta, owner of CSI Humboldt seeds. If you believe anything Backyard Liar says, I can get you a good deal on the Brooklyn Bridge, lol.

Hey Backyard, what happened to that sweet hoophouse deal you were working on for a group buy in? LOLOLOLOLO.

How come your not sending anyone to your buddy EWSF for soil this year? Maybe because he ruined a lot of peoples grow last year by selling them sub par soil? hahahahahahaha.

If Rare Earth is so busy that they cannot meet the demands, great for them. You know that you are doing things right when Coot himself calls up Rare Earth and after looking at the contents of the soil and reviewing the lab reports says it looks good.

I know buildasoil.com, a very respected individual catering to custom quality soil is selling their Coot's mix for the same as Rare Earth at approximately $350 a yard, not $400. And Buildasoil even has custom blends at $700 a yard. Easy to check the truth by going to their web site. Quality costs money, plain and simple.

Anyway, if you call me out Backyard Liar, count on me being there.

Rant over.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
You're so funny , post is based literally on no reality at all. I could fire back with real shit but I don't air peoples laundry , I would rather deal with them in person...

At the Mateel kick off nspecta even walk up to my booth shake hands and say hi, just showing more of his real two face character ... LoL ... Don't need to refer any one to worm factory because no one asks me where I get my soil any more

Can you stop being bitter about trying to copy me and being too shitty of a grower to make it happen?? My girl grew a patch in 20 yards of brand new NorCal blend last year and got 30 lbs from 4 plants ... Clearly the soil doesn't work

bamboogardner

Do not let anyone talk you into that malibu biodynamic compost. It is a total shit show. The biodynamic people should stand up and say something. 3 months for biodynamic compost...fuck those lying pieces of shit.

Just my opinion...dumbasses may have a different one :tiphat:

Your information is incorrect Joe. ATTRA is the national sustainable agriculture information center funded by the USDA’s Rural Business. This is a quote off their website.

"On larger farms that handle massive volumes of compost feedstock, the piles are often managed with a compost turner, so the time to maturity is much shorter, for example 2−3 months. A new development is the aerated static pile (ASP), wherein ventilation pipes are inserted into a static pile to increase oxygen supply and reduce the length of time to compost biomaturity."

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
Sorry its a bit off topic and dipping into your thread Schrews, I was wondering about using a atomist fogger for foilar feeding a small outdoor garden. I use one for spraying azamax but was thinking about getting another for foilar feeding and for BT when the time is ready for that...

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
no worries. not much going on today anyway except soil work. pretty much finished working on the old garden. next step is get a skid steer and move my new soil down to the new spot on the south side of my hill

btw i think i remember somebody saying you dont want to use an atomizer for foliar feeding but i dont remember why.

Bo Hasset

Kick em' when they're up, kick em' when they're down...

I'm not ragging on Schrews. I simply offered him the answers to his question regarding milky's comment... and those answers were simply my opinion based on the information I've seen in this thread.

I've never met Schrews, but I'm sure we'd get along just fine over some herb and a couple beers.

BYF is right in that there are some super sensitive people up in this mug. I think Schrews is way less sensitive when it comes to criticism (that he asks for!) than most of the people following this thread.

It's funny to watch alleged adults get dickhurt about critiques and criticisms not even proffered to them. I bet a lot of y'all's parents told you that you were the best no matter what and could be anything you wanted... probably were on the last place little league team, but were still given "participation" trophies because "everyone is a winner"!

Ha just got 40yards of NorCal mix delivered today! I actually bought 120 yards from rare earth a few years back and it was hot as shit. Haven't gone back. And thanks BYF just got your foliar rig delivered today. How long of a lead hose can you run off that pump? Also wanted to know what spacing and gph emitter line you run?

Bo Hasset

Holy shit... are we still ranting and raving about EWSF?

I grew in a mix last year that was based off of about 25 yards of EWSF's Premium Blend and had zero complaints. I know at least 2 dozen people locally who used his soil and have no complaints. Stop blaming anyone other than yourself when it comes to sub-par seasons... the most important part of this puzzle isn't fertilizers, soils, water, nutes, lights, greenhouse or no greenhouse, but the actual real life living and breathing FARMER.

If you don't know, then you don't know.

milkyjoe

Veteran
Your information is incorrect Joe. ATTRA is the national sustainable agriculture information center funded by the USDA’s Rural Business. This is a quote off their website.

"On larger farms that handle massive volumes of compost feedstock, the piles are often managed with a compost turner, so the time to maturity is much shorter, for example 2−3 months. A new development is the aerated static pile (ASP), wherein ventilation pipes are inserted into a static pile to increase oxygen supply and reduce the length of time to compost biomaturity."

Does malibu appear packed with humus to you. Hell it looks like peat moss. Compare it to the oly mountain and tell me which you would use

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
Does malibu appear packed with humus to you. Hell it looks like peat moss. Compare it to the oly mountain and tell me which you would use

You can't reason with bamboo gardener , dude has his head in the clouds

In case you haven't noticed he blames me for his failures as a grower , when numerous other growers used the same mix with success ... Like I said my girl grew Her first long season on 20 yard of NorCal mixed with 3.5 palled black gold from the 7 half pallet mounds I piled those 20 yards on top of and grew some mega trees

epicorchard

Sorry its a bit off topic and dipping into your thread Schrews, I was wondering about using a atomist fogger for foilar feeding a small outdoor garden. I use one for spraying azamax but was thinking about getting another for foilar feeding and for BT when the time is ready for that...

I like the atomizer for small applications like indoor or a hoop. For outdoor, I learned from BYF (who has shared all of his genetics with me for free), and use a 35 gal flat bottom tank with a 5gpm in line pump, attached to a 50' 5/8" hose, linked up to a flash turbo jet sprayer from Northern tool. Got the pump room Big R

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
Ha just got 40yards of NorCal mix delivered today! I actually bought 120 yards from rare earth a few years back and it was hot as shit. Haven't gone back. And thanks BYF just got your foliar rig delivered today. How long of a lead hose can you run off that pump? Also wanted to know what spacing and gph emitter line you run?

No problem buddy, I have both 9" 1 gph and 12" 1 gph spacing , depends on what and where Im using it on which I'll run. On my trench runs I alternate 12" and 9" spacing on my lines, on my mounds I just use 12"

I have a shit load of hose on the pump, I haven't actually measured how much. I'm going to guess about 75'. I had it going and it wasn't long enough so I put a straight barb on it and extended it.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
I like the atomizer for small applications like indoor or a hoop. For outdoor, I learned from BYF (who has shared all of his genetics with me for free), and use a 35 gal flat bottom tank with a 5gpm in line pump, attached to a 50' 5/8" hose, linked up to a flash turbo jet sprayer from Northern tool. Got the pump room Big R

I wouldn't say ALL of em, but definitely my favorites.

That 5/8" Hose must really fuckin' get things moving along.

For a hoop, put the inlet of the pump in to one of those 15 gal BRUTE mini trash cans, thank me later.