What's new

MotherLode Gardens 2015

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
All any of us have done is try to help dude with any question he has for FREE.
"This is my problem __________"

3 veterans all give outstanding solutions.

"nah...im gonna do it this way"

Thats why people are giving him a hard time. Either way, Im sure he'll do fine.
I'm tryin to follow the good advice here... only thing is the hoop house, but that horse has already been beaten to death. am i missing something else?

still filling pots here. plants are looking good. peace!~

theJointedOne

Veteran
If your planning on doing foilars I'm sure a few of us could give you some effective, easy, and cheap setup ideas that will make a big difference.

Just let us know! I think we're all happy to help.

Also, do you have remesh cages left over or are you making new ones, if so I have a couple tips on those if you'd like.

Cheers

O

Oakhills

Schrews, you should save the best Ancient OG male and pollinate one of the lower branches of your AOG females! Get a nice stock of seeds for the coming years. I'd do that but it seems that I only have males so I'll be making some AOG crosses with Blue Dream, Sky Lotus, Super Silver Haze, etc.

Preserve the genetics man!!! I'd be first in line to get some more of those beans.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
For a spray rig take a north star 2.2 Gpm 70 psi pump and flash turbo sprayer ($100) and some 3/8" hose and a pickle barrel with a bulk head and battery and you're spraying your shit. Easy peasy.

So far you've slept on plant selection, you talk shit on me for using Blue Dream as an example, but if you have a consistent crop of a marketable product you're setting yourself ahead. Stop kidding yourself, growing 24 plants and 12 different strains doesn't make you a boutique grower it makes you a stoner who wants different stuff in his head stash after trim scene is over. Real boutique growers are growers like Green Dot Labs who have 800 lights and can actually have a quantity of a variety of flavors and have quality control to ensure a good product. You're not developing a brand or name for yourself in this changing industry by doing what you're doing. To pull an example from your own experience... Ancient OG really did that great for you, why aren't you popping 10 packs of that and rocking it and growing 24 12 pound plants?

Plant Starting - Tossing your stuff in last years soil was a gamble that you are LUCKY was an OK one...I take starting my stuff SO fucking serious. I have a mix dialed in specifically for when I plant my clones in to half gallon pots and when they go in to 7 gallon pots in the green house as well as the application of a few things like Pepzyme HyperCaP and some Rebound micros plants have been growing over a foot a week and the stalks are passing the diameter of a quarter. I haven't put a caliper on them yet.

Drip Irrigation - You don't give a fuck about how many times I've told you I will literally walk you through making this happen for you. If you could only have been around 4 years ago to see this one patch I did..it had a road going through the middle of it with 17 mounds on one side and 23 mounds on the other. There was no rhyme or reason to the where the mounds were put, the old man who was letting me do my thing there picked all the spots...and I had to put the mounds there. Guess what ?? I used pressure compensating drip emitter tube and watered that whole banger with a honda 1.5" gas pump necked down to 3/4" .....OH yea !! I didn't even use any serious mainline..LIterally ran 3/4" everywhere and just attached drip line..at the lowest mound I had a T in the 3/4" and was able to open that after watering and drain a pretty good bit of the water out...The point is if you REALLY want to make some shit happen you can..It just takes some worm drive clamps, some barbed fittings, and poly pipe..

Hoop house... Increased Humidity and temperature means faster veg means bigger plants earlier means protection from possible storms in the spring means you're not worrying about your shit means you have a better year

Working smarter not harder -- You could have rented a skid steer and already been done moving your soil making your spots etc., etc., in a fucking day or two instead of working like a SLAVE with a shovel and wheel barrow like I know you're doing picking at a huge pile probably dumped a pretty good ways away from where you need it..you just shrivel at any good advice that gets thrown at you...

Your attitude is " Yea maybe I could do it that way, sounds like a better way, but fuck it" ..I'm sure the next sentence is "I'm gonna dab" or "I'm gonna rip a bong" or roll a joint or whatever

Look in the mirror and ask yourself why you are in this industry...Is it to smoke that kind? Or is it to make money off of a commodity

Just to scratch the surface.

grow nerd

Veteran
I second the North Star sprayer setup. Fuck that 2-4gal pump sprayer mess. Gets the job done in probably literally 10x less time.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Screws, I shop at Crop Production Services , check them out and see if there is one in your area.

On another more interesting note, I found these

http://www.vlsci.com/technology/polyamines/technology_polyamines.html

there is a Crop production services near me... do they have those amino chelated micronutrients you mentioned? how about the AEA products? anything else you recommend? i will call them in the morning..

need to get a sprayer setup too. where do they sell those pumps and nozzles etc.?

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
triple or quad-planting in the 800's: anyone have any tips for this? 3 or 4 per pot? how far apart? how do you set up cages/nets to make it look like one big plant?

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
The do carry Albion micros, I get the AEA stuff direct from them. On a quad plant do the compass points , don't cram them together , if your pots 8' in diameter just treat it like it was 4 2' diameter ones

epicorchard

everything anyone needs to know is right here on ICMAG. None of us are reinventing the wheel, even innovators like grey wolf will be the first to tell you they're simply implementing tools and procedures already utilized by other industries.

Everytime I get stuck, I seek out veteran growers and learn from their success and failures. Last year we used atomizers and drip tape. This year after stealing some ideas from BYF and some non IC friends, I'm on to Imbedded drip coils and a 5gpm sprayer with a 35gal atv tank.

You can lead a horse to the river, but if he's already on a raft he probably won't have a drink!

milkyjoe

Veteran
That pepzyme and hypercap combo is wicked good in veg. Gotta go kinda careful on the hypercap in full size mounds for fear of making myco go dormant...but in the small pots watch the fuck out. I simply chuck some myco in the transplant hole to make sure they establish.

Calidude

For a spray rig take a north star 2.2 Gpm 70 psi pump and flash turbo sprayer ($100) and some 3/8" hose and a pickle barrel with a bulk head and battery and you're spraying your shit. Easy peasy.

So far you've slept on plant selection, you talk shit on me for using Blue Dream as an example, but if you have a consistent crop of a marketable product you're setting yourself ahead. Stop kidding yourself, growing 24 plants and 12 different strains doesn't make you a boutique grower it makes you a stoner who wants different stuff in his head stash after trim scene is over. Real boutique growers are growers like Green Dot Labs who have 800 lights and can actually have a quantity of a variety of flavors and have quality control to ensure a good product. You're not developing a brand or name for yourself in this changing industry by doing what you're doing. To pull an example from your own experience... Ancient OG really did that great for you, why aren't you popping 10 packs of that and rocking it and growing 24 12 pound plants?

Plant Starting - Tossing your stuff in last years soil was a gamble that you are LUCKY was an OK one...I take starting my stuff SO fucking serious. I have a mix dialed in specifically for when I plant my clones in to half gallon pots and when they go in to 7 gallon pots in the green house as well as the application of a few things like Pepzyme HyperCaP and some Rebound micros plants have been growing over a foot a week and the stalks are passing the diameter of a quarter. I haven't put a caliper on them yet.

Drip Irrigation - You don't give a fuck about how many times I've told you I will literally walk you through making this happen for you. If you could only have been around 4 years ago to see this one patch I did..it had a road going through the middle of it with 17 mounds on one side and 23 mounds on the other. There was no rhyme or reason to the where the mounds were put, the old man who was letting me do my thing there picked all the spots...and I had to put the mounds there. Guess what ?? I used pressure compensating drip emitter tube and watered that whole banger with a honda 1.5" gas pump necked down to 3/4" .....OH yea !! I didn't even use any serious mainline..LIterally ran 3/4" everywhere and just attached drip line..at the lowest mound I had a T in the 3/4" and was able to open that after watering and drain a pretty good bit of the water out...The point is if you REALLY want to make some shit happen you can..It just takes some worm drive clamps, some barbed fittings, and poly pipe..

Hoop house... Increased Humidity and temperature means faster veg means bigger plants earlier means protection from possible storms in the spring means you're not worrying about your shit means you have a better year

Working smarter not harder -- You could have rented a skid steer and already been done moving your soil making your spots etc., etc., in a fucking day or two instead of working like a SLAVE with a shovel and wheel barrow like I know you're doing picking at a huge pile probably dumped a pretty good ways away from where you need it..you just shrivel at any good advice that gets thrown at you...

Your attitude is " Yea maybe I could do it that way, sounds like a better way, but fuck it" ..I'm sure the next sentence is "I'm gonna dab" or "I'm gonna rip a bong" or roll a joint or whatever

Look in the mirror and ask yourself why you are in this industry...Is it to smoke that kind? Or is it to make money off of a commodity

Just to scratch the surface.

Would you be willing to help walk me through it? I am willing to implement all your suggestions and advice.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
That pepzyme and hypercap combo is wicked good in veg. Gotta go kinda careful on the hypercap in full size mounds for fear of making myco go dormant...but in the small pots watch the fuck out. I simply chuck some myco in the transplant hole to make sure they establish.

I have never needed to put HyperCaP on my big mounds. No need. By the time they've hit the big mounds the temp and sun is in spec for massive growth and being able to depend on biology to feed the plants...

I like to give them HyperCaP / Pepzyme / Cobalt on transplant with PhotoMag , Albion Ca, and Micro 5000 when they hit their 7 gallon bags. They aren't getting fed for the rest of the time in the bag other than feeding off the protein amendment we mix in so its important to get them that jump early while everything is getting established.

I like to dip my starts in mycogenesis / pepzyme water...Best colonization rates for me have come from that. Throwing some in the hole works okay too.

Would you be willing to help walk me through it? I am willing to implement all your suggestions and advice.

Start a thread and come up with some specific questions and I'll come through and tell you what I would do.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
everything anyone needs to know is right here on ICMAG. None of us are reinventing the wheel, even innovators like grey wolf will be the first to tell you they're simply implementing tools and procedures already utilized by other industries.

Everytime I get stuck, I seek out veteran growers and learn from their success and failures. Last year we used atomizers and drip tape. This year after stealing some ideas from BYF and some non IC friends, I'm on to Imbedded drip coils and a 5gpm sprayer with a 35gal atv tank.

You can lead a horse to the river, but if he's already on a raft he probably won't have a drink!

I feel you bro and understand what you're saying. I often times feel like dude wont ever mentally wrap around what I'm trying to tell him but it's my nature not to give up and just be as helpful as I can be.

We all rise together.

HL45

Veteran
I know I am late in the game but rare earth is giving me the run around on getting soil mixed..they finally gave a price per yard, but now they are saying that they aren't sure they will be able to deliver it and I will need to find my own delivery truck? Did you have to do this shcrews? I am closer to Shasta. If anyone else has a link on a good place that will mix and deliver soil please pm me.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
I know I am late in the game but rare earth is giving me the run around on getting soil mixed..they finally gave a price per yard, but now they are saying that they aren't sure they will be able to deliver it and I will need to find my own delivery truck? Did you have to do this shcrews? I am closer to Shasta. If anyone else has a link on a good place that will mix and deliver soil please pm me.

Sounds like a shit show. Wasn't Rare Earth the place Bamboo Gardener said was going to be the MECCA to get soil in norcal With some uber mix that was almost 400 a yard? That's more expensive than bagged soil !! Haahahahahahahahahahahaha

I'm pretty sure Lassen Landscape & Materials can do the blending for you

milkyjoe

Veteran
Do not let anyone talk you into that malibu biodynamic compost. It is a total shit show. The biodynamic people should stand up and say something. 3 months for biodynamic compost...fuck those lying pieces of shit.

Just my opinion...dumbasses may have a different one :tiphat: