What's new

MotherLode Gardens 2015

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
i ordered that flash turbo jet sprayer, should be here in 4 days. For the ppl using them, What kind of pump should i get? I already have a yellow mondi pump , will that work?

Right now im going to Crop Production Services to get some of that Albion calcium and iron for foliar. Also will look for some Ksilicate to amend my vermifire. ByF is there anyting else you recommend/ use from there?

Gettin a skid steer today too, hoping i can move all my dirt where i need to. I never used one before.

If everything goes smoothly then the hill should be ready for planting tomorrow .

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
If your planning on doing foilars I'm sure a few of us could give you some effective, easy, and cheap setup ideas that will make a big difference.

Just let us know! I think we're all happy to help.

Also, do you have remesh cages left over or are you making new ones, if so I have a couple tips on those if you'd like.

Cheers

Yah plz share your ideas for foliars, and the cages too since i might have to make more. But i might triple or quad-plant a few pots so idk how support will work there

milkyjoe

Veteran
Hey byf .. .if I stuck a tomato plant in my weed soil...same sun, fert and foliar. You think sap analysis would tell me anything abput the weed plants at least through veg? Or is it possible uptake between the plants is so different the info will be worse than no info at all?

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
i went to crop production services to get some foliar nutrients and they basically just asked me where is my farm, what do i grow, if i had a state permit, then gave me some credit form to fill out and told me to come back. I didnt know what to say, just took the forms and left. They didnt seem to have any products there, it was just an office.

Also went to rent a skid steer but they only have one and its already rented until monday

So today was basically a complete failure and it isnt even lunchtime. I guess i can move dirt with a wheelbarrow and spray my plants with good vibes..

milkyjoe

Veteran
Or you could call aea and order foliars/fertigation which would be there in a week. And you could lock that skid steer in for mon and spend the weekend planting in your old pots.

Semper fi...improvise and overcome

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
Hey byf .. .if I stuck a tomato plant in my weed soil...same sun, fert and foliar. You think sap analysis would tell me anything abput the weed plants at least through veg? Or is it possible uptake between the plants is so different the info will be worse than no info at all?

Don't you think you'd be better off trying with some hops,

Don't you think as soon as he tomato flowers get pollinated that you'd have a different beast?

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
You weren't there trying to buy pesticide or fungicide , you don't need any permits.

I would also be planting in old pots and reserving skid steer for Monday calling Aea for rejuvenate sea shield Pepzyme

To me it sounds like you just jumped in your car Hoping everything would work out for you, what you should have done was call first.

milkyjoe

Veteran
Don't you think you'd be better off trying with some hops,

Don't you think as soon as he tomato flowers get pollinated that you'd have a different beast?

Good point. Yea once the tomato starts filling fruit it would be an entirely different thing for sure

Edit...I got a call into Michelle

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Or you could call aea and order foliars/fertigation which would be there in a week. And you could lock that skid steer in for mon and spend the weekend planting in your old pots.

Semper fi...improvise and overcome
you read my mind!

You weren't there trying to buy pesticide or fungicide , you don't need any permits.

I tried to explain that to the guy working there, told him i just wanted some chelated iron and boron but he kept looking at me funny and said i need to fill out forms. Also it was just an office so its not like i could look for what i needed

Yah i should have called first but at least i didnt have to drive far

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
The way CPS works is you tell them what you want to buy, the amounts, and they pull it from the warehouse and have it palletized and ready for you to go.

It isn't like a grow store where they put stuff on shelves for people to look at labels. Farmers usually have a consultant telling them exactly what they need and they buy that from a place like CPS or Wilbur Ellis.

Because you just need some small shit, I bet you could just call them and have them mail it to you. They definitely will sell to you. If you have any more problems with them I'll give you the # of someone to call at the CPS I shop at.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Blueberry Hashplant

bqWua9Yl.jpg

LUEARhbl.jpg