What's new

MotherLode Gardens 2015

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
Well I just came up with a bunch of new stuff...

It's not my fault you upped and moved to Oregon.

But I don't blame you.

Shasta sucks.

We're still friends!

jd123

Dude....you should flood oregon with BYF genetics...especially since the only way he got them was
giving handys in the back alley. Oh and lying, cheating and stealing. Lol...that post was rich.

milkyjoe

Veteran
No problem buddy, I have both 9" 1 gph and 12" 1 gph spacing , depends on what and where Im using it on which I'll run. On my trench runs I alternate 12" and 9" spacing on my lines, on my mounds I just use 12"

I have a shit load of hose on the pump, I haven't actually measured how much. I'm going to guess about 75'. I had it going and it wasn't long enough so I put a straight barb on it and extended it.

How you like trenches? Companion planting in the rest? Ferting and spraying it all?

I am using holes and trying to turn the entire area into plantable soil that way

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
How you like trenches? Companion planting in the rest? Ferting and spraying it all?

I am using holes and trying to turn the entire area into plantable soil that way
They were the only established garden when I bought my place after splitting with my ex, had a great run in em that year but then I grew bubba kush and that was a mistake and so was doing cherry pie last year. Doing seed this year and it's looking good so far.

Got 80 units of og from a 6x80 and 6x40 that first year

They were the only established garden when I bought my place after splitting with my ex, had a great run in em that year but then I grew bubba kush and that was a mistake and so was doing cherry pie last year. Doing seed this year and it's looking good so far.

Got 80 units of og from a 6x80 and 6x40 that first year

Did you grow the Pre-98 Bubba cut with poor results? Just curious, I have just one out for full sun and I've never ran that strain. She's looking great so far, 3x3 bush.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
its actually cheap as shit if you look at the application rate , if you want to buy an ultra watered down version that wont last you as long but will seem cheaper, get some monterey garden insect spray. same active ingredient but 1% instead of 10%.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
They're the same product. One is less concentrated than the other. You may get a quart for $200 or whatever it is of the conserve, but it's literally 500 applications. At 2-4oz per gallon the monterey garden spray has 32-64 applications in a GALLON

Which one is cheaper now?

A perfect example of when people are like "Man we'll take your advice and do exactly what you say" and then don't.

Calidude

They're the same product. One is less concentrated than the other. You may get a quart for $200 or whatever it is of the conserve, but it's literally 500 applications. At 2-4oz per gallon the monterey garden spray has 32-64 applications in a GALLON

Which one is cheaper now?

A perfect example of when people are like "Man we'll take your advice and do exactly what you say" and then don't.

I don't know of any place locally that sells the conserve but I know the monterey is sold locally. I can't wait one week for delivery..These bastards are tearing up my plants.

milkyjoe

Veteran
You have cuc beetles on your weed plamts? There is a problem somewhere. Those things show up when plants get off to a horrible start. How fast are your plants growing, what kind of soil are they in, what environment?

You need an actual root cause here. Poisoning a symptom is not going to solve the problem.

Calidude

You have cuc beetles on your weed plamts? There is a problem somewhere. Those things show up when plants get off to a horrible start. How fast are your plants growing, what kind of soil are they in, what environment?

You need an actual root cause here. Poisoning a symptom is not going to solve the problem.

They are growing on average 6 inches a week for about 4 weeks now in 200 gal pots.. 1500 ft elevation. I use empire soil out of the Bay area. They look very healthy green and growing really solid. They are on average 4 ft.

milkyjoe

Veteran
Was the soil cold? Is the microbiology active yet?

Definitely spray but get the biology going...teas, pepzyme, spectrum...something like that. And maybe spray some ca, mg, p. Chances are the plant has taken up nitrate and k and needs to balance itself.

Calidude

Was the soil cold? Is the microbiology active yet?

Definitely spray but get the biology going...teas, pepzyme, spectrum...something like that. And maybe spray some ca, mg, p. Chances are the plant has taken up nitrate and k and needs to balance itself.

I need to check the soil temp...before transplant they were taken out left in an unheated greenhouse. There were periods when it got cold at night time. Since, I have been treating soil with tea and that's it.

How do you know if microbes are active?

milkyjoe

Veteran
Are your stalks/stems reddish or striped at all?

Fgl lab or saturated paste test from logan to see what is soluble in your soil