What's new

MotherLode Gardens 2015

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Nobody thats why im asking all these questioms feeling stupid cuz ive trusted too many idiots in the past but now tryin to do it on my own but i dont want to fuck up the soil. I gather , From what you said, that i need to raise the K in the vermifire, but no macro adjustment is necessary in the coots? Also what amendments should use for the micronutrient deficencies in either soil? Add nothing to both, instead just foliar to correct the micros?

I hope my qs make sense, i guess i just need to know what to buy and how much /when to use. Also where do you order /buy these things

Urbngroz

Soil Building Workbook by Michael Astera. Simple work book that shows YOU how to balance the soil using proven scientific methods

Bo Hasset

It hurts to read this thread sometimes.

I don't think Schrews is real anymore.

I will send a packaged 10x20 carport brand new and in the box as a general delivery to the nearest USPS office near you. Don't need your address, your real name,not a damn thing... just need you to actually pick it up, so I don't have to deal with returned mail.

I'll even cut you a few sheets of cheap 4 mil plastic and include them for cover.

O

Oakhills

Bo, that is quite generous of you! Screws, do it!

I keep my seedlings in 4 inch pots in a plastic covered box, but once in 5 gallon containers they're in the open. With the crappy weather in the Bay Area lately, I wish I made a box for the 5 gallon side of things. Hoop houses keep things warmer and better growth in the early stages.

milkyjoe

Veteran
In the vermi....my opinion...correct the K. If you go gypsum more ca will block the uptake of K. My prediction would be sometime I aug burnt leaf margins on lower leaves. But that is my opinion...your decision.

I like to foliar aea micros and sea stim and fertigate sea crop. You may or may not have to correct Fe.

Then again byf grows bigger plants than me. You gotta decide. Both of us are trying to help...differing opinions of how is all.

milkyjoe

Veteran
It for sure can depending on Mg. If Mg is highish you need more K...if Mg is a little lower you can use less K. All about the balance. I actually took the Mg number into account.

But yea, for damn sure a little sulfate to lower pH and allow the soil to take up P and micros better. Either way is better than neither way.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Nah im stoked, is all helpful info

So should i just look for some potassium sulfate? Should i check a grow shop or somewhere else?

What about the micros, sounds like foliar feeding is the best way to balance those, or should i mix some azomite into the soil or something? Both samples were low on iron and boron so i guess i just want to make sure to correct that somehow

I just cant believe i dont need to amend with more, i see other guys using tons of dry amendments every season

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
It hurts to read this thread sometimes.

I don't think Schrews is real anymore.

I will send a packaged 10x20 carport brand new and in the box as a general delivery to the nearest USPS office near you. Don't need your address, your real name,not a damn thing... just need you to actually pick it up, so I don't have to deal with returned mail.

I'll even cut you a few sheets of cheap 4 mil plastic and include them for cover.

Im real as fuck. Im what happens when keeping it real goes wrong

If you are serious then send that to mariposa and let me know !

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
It's because they don't get their soil tested ... Just hit it with some kind of sulfate .. Calcium iron potassium .. Which ever one ... You can sort out the others via foliar and have a great season with super healthy plants

jdkronyk101

It's because they don't get their soil tested ... Just hit it with some kind of sulfate .. Calcium iron potassium .. Which ever one ... You can sort out the others via foliar and have a great season with super healthy plants

word...agreed again..simple and direct..

schrews ..dont make it super difficult, your not growing hydro in a closet mixing your own salt ferts... you are farming large plants outdoors. keep an easy direct approach. use solid true tested techniques. trust only those who you know are growing plants on your level. look up to those who are growing above your level. the rest is gibberish... judging by your plants last year you are going to do fine..

p.s. dont forget to read the labels!!

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Ok cool i got you i think. Where would i find a sulfate like that? I'm guessing not the hydro store... Theres lots of farm and ag supply places near me, or is it something i have to order online

Bo Hasset

Im real as fuck. Im what happens when keeping it real goes wrong

If you are serious then send that to mariposa and let me know !

I realized that if I didn't assemble it first before shipping that you wouldn't know what to do with it and there'd be a week's worth of advice and discussion in this thread on how to do it and by then it'll be too late.

I'm going to have to start up a gofundme site to raise the funds for shipping such a bulky item.

Should I just address it to Schrews?

Hard mode 24/7/365 is hard.