What's new

MotherLode Gardens 2015

epicorchard

too late for a carport now. next year though i might take you up on that ;)
i thought of something like that too, but we have over 100 plants so it would take at least an hour to do that every night, too much time for me. and again i dont think cold temps is the problem because just a small % of the plants are affected

Next year I'm gonna come down and build you a fuckING hoop house! You're killing me with your KISS method lol!

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
Yes exactly. Do an autopsy ...Don't just cut it off or hack it.

Cut the smart pot away and examine the root ball, remove some soil away from the base of the stem and examine that..Is the tissue slimy? what color is it? Should be a bright white..

yup 2nd this…usually when a plant is like that its because the roots havent developed as much as the rest and they are sitting in a soggy cold medium. that looks like a classic overwatered cold stressed plant. i would yank her out and re transplant into an airy medium.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Do an autopsy ...Don't just cut it off or hack it.

Cut the smart pot away and examine the root ball, remove some soil away from the base of the stem and examine that..Is the tissue slimy? what color is it? Should be a bright white..
yup 2nd this…usually when a plant is like that its because the roots havent developed as much as the rest and they are sitting in a soggy cold medium. that looks like a classic overwatered cold stressed plant. i would yankher out and re transplant into an airy medium.

cool, i'll check out the rootball later. I'm ruling out overwatering and rootbound because the plant is 1ft tall in a 5gal and hasnt been watered much.

but right now i'm expecting my soil deliver in a couple hours and i have to drive to town and get a big tarp for the dirt to get dumped on.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
pointless

pointless

carved out a couple spots in the hillside for 800's and now there is water seeping up. should i put the pots there anyway or find a new spot? maybe could help cut back on watering haha

IdYv1Bzl.jpg

xpSw3nal.jpg

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Soil Test results

Soil Test results

got my results for the amended vermifire and the coot's mix from last year.

The N and P look kind of high, especially in the Vermifire.

the recommendations they gave me are for field corn. but its weird, it looks like i dont need to amend much? or maybe i'm understanding it wrong. The Coot's mix looks pretty on-point except for some of the micros

can anyone who knows more about these things tell me what i need to do to the soil

45gV9Cj.png

jdkronyk101

sometimes its just how the clay folds...where im at i hit a seep/spring like that when i cut one of my flats in with the excavator. it seemed to be quite substantial. like 1200 gallons per day..it mudded up a big area on my flat . it was about the room needed for 3 of my smartpots. i had to pipe it out.it completely dried it out. the seep is actually kinda slowing down this last month as things slowly approach the dryness of summer.about 600g per day now.
if you like the spot layout, and don't want to move the hole, a small french drain could keep it dry. its nothing a bucket of gravel, a pickax and a piece of 3"-4" perforated a.b.s. leach pipe cant fix.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
azomite as per directedfor the stated diffencies.

could you explain / be more specific? i didnt see any mention of azomite. looks like theres some iron and boron deficiency and some other stuff too like calcium, magnesium. also looks like the P is pretty high on both samples?

grow nerd

Veteran
too late for a carport now. next year though i might take you up on that ;)

Better late than never, I always say. I planned/started my garden a bit late this year because I was doubtful about doing an outdoor this year. But, I learned some lessons from last season and got a GH to start this season.

Pics are one week apart. Last pic was taken after dark, with CFL supplemental lighting.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
here are some of my seed starts from seeds that were popped exactly on 4/20. they are starting to really take off I'm seeing inch growth per day. I'm telling you man this carport was only 150 bucks, 100 bucks for the cheap plastic tarp, took 1 hour to setup and it makes all the difference. About a foot and a half for reference. my early april seed starts are all around 3-4 feet right now too. but i have a sneaky feeling the 4/20 starts will catch up they got so much damn vigor right now.

Area43, Kosher Aliens, SFV Aliens, and some swamp boy gear
picture.php

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I learned some lessons from last season and got a GH to start this season.
I'm telling you man this carport was only 150 bucks, 100 bucks for the cheap plastic tarp, took 1 hour to setup and it makes all the difference.
I tried to show him the one week green house difference via pm... It didn't work
im gonna say fuck the greenhouse this year. its 60 degrees outside tonight and getting warmer every day. We will have everything in big pots by the end of this weekend if i can figure out what to amend my old dirt with. Anyone else get a chance to look at the soil tests i posted?

yah this spring wasnt the ideal start but it wasn't from a lack of planning ,just funds that didn't come through in time. Things could be worse and i'm still hoping to beat last year's total#s and have some pretty plants to look at

once we get the old soil amended its time to think about watering/irrigation. Maybe handwatering isnt too bad if i can get a big enough pump to get it done quick. i still need a big reservoir, watering from the hose isnt gonna cut it this year

grow nerd

Veteran
You're more stubborn than I am. I thought I was bad...

I hate people that slow-pay. Consignments suck. Tell 'em like Randy Moss: "straight cash, homey!"

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
You're more stubborn than I am. I thought I was bad...
i like to think i'm openminded but there must be a reason why i'm usually working alone. i probably am pretty stubborn . or i have lame friends. idk, its hard to analyse yourself.
I hate people that slow-pay. Consignments suck. Tell 'em like Randy Moss: "straight cash, homey!"
consignment is ok as long as you know who you are dealing with and what to expect..., just we have been having issues with processing trim /selling concentrates.

I'm all out of trim and weed now , just waiting on my people to do right by me