What's new

MotherLode Gardens 2015

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
I thought he posted he barely broke triple digits the number doesn't matter just want to see him grow more better that's all

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
cloudy morning...
qXjn8hSl.jpg

biggest plant in the garden. blueberry hashplant, and i think its a girl:
Er5wLAul.jpg

800gal pot finished, waiting for fabric liner:
3r6J0nIl.jpg

grow nerd

Veteran
Last season we got just over 100lb but i want to double that

Any clue how much trim was produced? I didn't keep track and forgot what % is non-fanleaf trim.

Off the top it feels like 50-75%, counting only sugared material (no fans mostly) but I never really weighed.

jdkronyk101

lookin good schrews whats the diameter on that thing? and the height of the wire? pullin up a chair, ill be watchin this show! blessings,
j.d.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Did you use black gold for the starts? Amend it with extra Ca?
i used black gold straight out of the bag for some of the starts, when i ran out of that i started using some amended vermifire from last year

lookin good schrews whats the diameter on that thing? and the height of the wire? pullin up a chair, ill be watchin this show! blessings,
j.d.
sweet. stick around. they are 8ft diameter x 2ft tall.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Any clue how much trim was produced? I didn't keep track and forgot what % is non-fanleaf trim.

Off the top it feels like 50-75%, counting only sugared material (no fans mostly) but I never really weighed.
i think you're right its about 50-75%. i should have just sold our trim last year, getting it processed has been a nightmare and i think we actually made less somehow

TheSilverMullet

Veteran
Clean trim (no fans, stems) is worth more than it ever has been if you can find the right person.

Processing that shit is like another full time job and not one that really appeals to me.

Financially it probably makes the most sense to keep all your trim and process it yourself, provided you have the knowledge, time and equipment to do it right but for me it's just not worth it when someone is offering 200+/- per and I can just be done with it.

Paid for all my harvest and trim labor with something that not many years ago I would have just composted.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
I've had some headaches dealing with extracters as well.. used to just do the shit myself in our backyard but now with the garunteed felony manufacturing charges its not worth it.

In outsourcing I've dealt with some sketchy shit, kids running off with slabs claiming they got jacked. others obviously shorting the yield, lucky to get 10% back. claiming they will produce you all stabilized but showing up with sugared up wet slabs.

My one guy who's been doing the best job doesn't come cheap. damn near getting 40-50% now after the BHO price crash. but at the end of the day at least i dont have a damn CLS system and multiple ovens in my house, that shits way easier to get away with down in the cities up here in Butte its pretty much a garunteed felony case. Even having two glass tubes and case of power5 will get you felony manufacturing….they would have shit their pants if they saw the system we built and the 12 tanks of ecogreen lol.

the best shit for now, ice water hash. we can make it ourselves in an afternoon and its dry and ready in 3-4 days. no need for purging etc. the price is cheaper for bulk unless you wanna sit down and vial it up. been getting around 10-12 a gram wholesale for the 4-5* hash. i know my wholesale has been taking it, doing the vialing up and serving it to dispensaries for at least 20g wholesale but fuck it, everyones gotta eat!

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
the best shit for now, ice water hash. we can make it ourselves in an afternoon and its dry and ready in 3-4 days.
thats not a bad idea, maybe this year i will get somebody to come out to the farm and process my trim into bubble on-site right after harvest. personally i prefer dabbing shatter but i dont want to deal with the hassle

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
bumpy road

bumpy road

some of my starts were wilting today for no apparent reason.. I assessed the situation and deduced that the grass underneath the smartpots was rotting and the roots were trying to grow into the nasty ground underneath them. so i moved all the smarties , there were black circular indentations of nastiness where the pots were sitting.

they all seem to be ok now but the ones that were wilting havent really gotten better. maybe it's something else causing it but i dont see anything. thats what i get for putting smarties directly on the ground with no pallets or weedblock