What's new

MotherLode Gardens 2015

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
its been pretty cold at night lately low 50s in the foothills, I'm pretty sure its that. i have veg starts at 2800ft and some were looking kind of rough too because they are already plugged and its been cold lately only the hardy ones are powering through but some of the stragglers might need to be yanked if they dont perk up. overwatering + cold temps is a bad recipe.

but my veg starts down at 1k in a hotter area are doing great everything stretching like crazy. also helps that they are in a carport with a cover to hold in some of that night temp and humidity.

grow nerd

Veteran
Shcrews, can I invest $400 to get you a 10'x20' carport GH? I absolutely hated the cover on it before putting the plants in, now I am really starting to like it.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Could have been cold temps but they would have perked back up by now i think.. The loss of turgor was very sudden and drastic, and its weird that it happen to only a couple plants ?

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Vermic vs bg?

I think its not a soil issue because only 3 plants out of 100+ are affected. Everything else looks great as of this morning. Im not worried just kind of puzzled. The wilting is extreme, not like from cold temps. Im also just bummed because one of the wilty ones is the big BBhashplant that was the biggest plant in the garden a couple days ago

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
ever considered....
use 1 3ft bamboo stix... placed in center to support the plant...
lift the geo pot off ground... place into CLEAR plastic... 20+gal garbage bag....just let the bag roll down during the day @ nite pull it up and attach too top of stix w/ rubber band...
will create mini greenhouse for nite time temp control...
and solve the problem under the pots from cold.....

for 10 bucks...a roll of bags...stix's and rubber bands.... problem solved..

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Shcrews, can I invest $400 to get you a 10'x20' carport GH? I absolutely hated the cover on it before putting the plants in, now I am really starting to like it.
too late for a carport now. next year though i might take you up on that ;)
just let the bag roll down during the day @ nite pull it up and attach too top of stix w/ rubber band...
will create mini greenhouse for nite time temp control...
and solve the problem under the pots from cold.....
i thought of something like that too, but we have over 100 plants so it would take at least an hour to do that every night, too much time for me. and again i dont think cold temps is the problem because just a small % of the plants are affected

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
overwatering + cold temps is a bad recipe.
heres a comparison, a withering BBhashplant next to a healthy Sky Lotus.. it looks pretty bad. could this be caused by cold temps and if so then why only a couple plants?
0Ew4s6Tl.jpg

ifTUL0xl.jpg

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
Yes exactly. Do an autopsy ...Don't just cut it off or hack it.

Cut the smart pot away and examine the root ball, remove some soil away from the base of the stem and examine that..Is the tissue slimy? what color is it? Should be a bright white..

GanjaRebelSeeds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
It looks overwatered. Easy to do when temps drop, especially with no green house.
It should bounce back in a few days when it warms up and more water evaporates.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
It looks overwatered. Easy to do when temps drop, especially with no green house.
It should bounce back in a few days when it warms up and more water evaporates.

that was the first thing i thought, but those plants have only been watered once in the past week

Bo Hasset

Send some to me and I will give you an opinion:tiphat:

My opinion so far is... I'm going to have a lot of fucking DOG or DOG-ish stuff this fall.

And I'm O.... K with that 100%.

He has really neat stickers in the packs, too.

Schrews, buddy... sorry I never got back on to see if you wanted to snag a carport or two.

It's too late now, though... and not because I'm using them either.

I fucking hate a thief.