What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

MotherLode Gardens 2015

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
How long have you owned that property? How big is it? Just curious as its a beautiful spot. Is that your only house?

You would def hate where I live that's for sure. We spend 8 months a year cold here lol. This year I'm putting a wood stove in my living room, not being cold indoors again! What's the winter like where you live?

Good vibes !

Last edited by a moderator:
On a brighter note, that perseid meteor shower under the new moon should make for a stellar show tonight, shcrews. Don't miss it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
thanks man, yea imagine the biggest possible cockblock ever lol. thats how it feels, but also losing homies because they can't work up here, losing other homies who have to sell their properties off, etc…..im blessed that no criminal charges were filed and i was able to stay a step ahead of them.
i've been in a similar situation but not on that scale.

I had a rental property in the santa cruz mountains, . grew there for 2 seasons, and decided to ramp it up for the 3rd year. We cleared out acres of poison oak and blackberries, cleaned up a tweaker/packrat looking backyard, and set up 5 hoophouses. a couple months of labor and a good amount of money. Then the landlords decided to kick us out and move in to the house themselves because i guess they liked how much we cleaned it up. so i sunk hella time and money and ended up losing the spot. didn't have a grow season that year so i was fucking broke and basically homeless, sleeping in the living room at my apartment grow and living at my girlfriends pad for quite a while before i recovered financially and found a new outdoor spot

this thread is an idiot magnet, wtf..... i love checking in on it, however the amount of useless dribble amazes me! theres equally good threads with fantastic plants with zero dribble. what is it with this one??

keep up the good work shcrews turn your idiot magnet off
i think all the bullshit is coming from just a couple people with multiple accounts.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
perseid meteor shower under the new moon should make for a stellar show tonight, shcrews. Don't miss it!
yep. woke up at 3am and couldnt go back to sleep so i checked it out for an hour or so.. Didn't really see much, was kind of a letdown.

honestly, i've seen more shooting stars up here on a regular night. sometimes its just crazy how many there are..

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Please stop this beef. It's enaugh that you shared your opinion, drow, no need to continue.
Now, let's get this thread back on track..

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
I recently read a write-up about Norcal from a photographer. Discussed a lot of the polarities there (i.e. extreme beauty all around & the ugliness of tweakers and poverty).

Anyway, he said that Norcal is a very psychedelic looking place with the old-growth forests, trees falling off cliffs into the ocean, and the unique sunsets.

Psychedelic is the perfect adjective for those sunsets.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
i've been in a similar situation but not on that scale.

yea man all about the bounce back and maintaining through the hard times! this kind of stuff makes one stronger and able to handle the BS when it comes up. some guys have had some terrible luck up here this year, catching felonys for small gardens, small BHO labs, and pretty much being thrown through the criminal justice ringer. I'm blessed to still be farming without a big F over my head!

still stuck trellis wrapping, takes forever. averaging about 15-20 minutes per plant, doing one "top hat" layer followed by 2 side layers wrapped around. running through 1000 packs of zip ties every other day since I've been doubling and tripling up the important connections.

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
yea man all about the bounce back and maintaining through the hard times! this kind of stuff makes one stronger and able to handle the BS when it comes up. some guys have had some terrible luck up here this year, catching felonys for small gardens, small BHO labs, and pretty much being thrown through the criminal justice ringer. I'm blessed to still be farming without a big F over my head!

Felonies for small gardens? Didn't have a permit, county ban on cultivation, or bho lab?

What other reasons would there be for felony charges?

R

Robrites

Latest forecast suggests 'Godzilla El Niño' may be coming to California

Latest forecast suggests 'Godzilla El Niño' may be coming to California

The strengthening El Niño in the Pacific Ocean has the potential to become one of the most powerful on record, as warming ocean waters surge toward the Americas, setting up a pattern that could bring once-in-a-generation storms this winter to drought-parched California.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-el-nino-20150813-htmlstory.html#navtype=outfit

1997vs2015-el-nino-800.gif

Last edited:

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
Felonies for small gardens? Didn't have a permit, county ban on cultivation, or bho lab?

What other reasons would there be for felony charges?

technicaly in california, they can press felony charges for any kind of cultivation outside of what your script says. however usually that threshold has always been 99 plants mostly because courts dont want to waste time prosecuting under 99.

in butte county a guy a few miles up my street caught felony charges this year for 130 plants, no BHO no packs. we know of another guy who had 150 and a bunch of clones and caught charges too, his case is going through the system so we should know soon if those low plant count charges are actually sticking.

another guy in my area just pled no contest for BHO lab and is facing 7 years in jail! they are not fucking around!

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
technicaly in california, they can press felony charges for any kind of cultivation outside of what your script says. however usually that threshold has always been 99 plants mostly because courts dont want to waste time prosecuting under 99.

in butte county a guy a few miles up my street caught felony charges this year for 130 plants, no BHO no packs. we know of another guy who had 150 and a bunch of clones and caught charges too, his case is going through the system so we should know soon if those low plant count charges are actually sticking.

another guy in my area just pled no contest for BHO lab and is facing 7 years in jail! they are not fucking around!

That's wild. Did they previously not really fuck with people for 130-150? That's a lot of pot. The whole big fish only attitude is a victory for us though; it shows that if we all say "fuck the law" they can't imprison all of us (though Uncle Sam sure does give it his best effort).

The whole point of being in a med state is to do it without the risk of prison. If you really need more than 99, do a few guerrilla plots; I'm sure out in Norcal a well done guerrilla grow could yield 3lbs/plant.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
dusk ray its extremely easy to go over 99. even when i was just running 4 lights in a bedroom i was over 99 because i would always have a couple dozen mother plants, clones, veg plants, seed testers, etc….

in order to stay under 99 one must keep their veg and flower separate. or just buy your clones and take half the fun out of growing…

also, guys in my area were typical over 99 and in the 100s because they were running sea of green style light deps with larger amounts of smaller plants. the guy with 130 just had two small greenhouses, my 50 400s would yielded more than him. i honestly hate the plant counts, i think it should all be sq ft based. and i would even be willing to pay permits for sqft, the proposed legislation in humboldt has no taxes for sub600sqft grows, 600-6k sq ft taxed at .50cents a foot and anything over 6k at a $1 a foot which i think is fair. in washington 502 licenses are issued on sq ft as well.

yep. woke up at 3am and couldnt go back to sleep so i checked it out for an hour or so.. Didn't really see much, was kind of a letdown.

honestly, i've seen more shooting stars up here on a regular night. sometimes its just crazy how many there are..

I think the peak was between midnight and 3am our time, but you're right it wasn't too impressive. I did see like a dozen in the first 10 mins of looking up just before midnight, but then it slowed down and I passed out in the bed of the truck soon after. I can't seem to stay up much past midnight these days..the wine doesn't help..

Yo so do you do anything special nutrient-wise to transition into flower?

Id pay all day to play haha wish theyd do that in yuba already. I wouldnt be considering moving to oregon ( for all the californian haters up there. Haha jkjk) but damn been doing this a long time and dont plan on throwin in the towl anytime soon so i gotta figure something out.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
The strengthening El Niño in the Pacific Ocean has the potential to become one of the most powerful on record, as warming ocean waters surge toward the Americas, setting up a pattern that could bring once-in-a-generation storms this winter to drought-parched California.
as long as it doesn't start until after halloween i'm all for it. I want to get an extra dehumidifier for my drying room though just in case.

the proposed legislation in humboldt has no taxes for sub600sqft grows, 600-6k sq ft taxed at .50cents a foot and anything over 6k at a $1 a foot which i think is fair. in washington 502 licenses are issued on sq ft as well.
i wonder how they would count my garden, plants are spread out all over the hillside w/ lots of space in between

Yo so do you do anything special nutrient-wise to transition into flower?
no nutrients this year.

R

Robrites

Weather is a farmers best friend and worse enemy. It is all about timing. Two weeks of warm rain at the end could put the mold-rot-hurt on everybody. The west sure needs moisture though.

Latest posts

Latest posts