What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

MotherLode Gardens 2015

EastBayGrower

Veteran
Probably because he does not have mites is why they are recovering. Just because a plant has some issues doesn't mean mites, there are many many reasons plants have issues. It could be competing roots with the triple planted pots. It could be heat stress, over watering, mechanical damage, micro nutrient issue, tainted water source, water on the leaves in afternoon sun, etc. Schrews plants look healthy and healthy plants do not acquire pest issues outdoors easily.

Vibes

+1000000 VERY WELL SAID

mofoo

IMG_5720_zpserjdokvh.jpg
what you think screws this was 8-5

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
yah those look great, probably 8-10 lbs each if you get your netting up in time.

mine arent much bigger but with 800gal pots they really never stop stretching

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
yah i never top outdoor plants.

ancient OG is my favorite strain to grow, plants are huge already and no issues at all just like last year. Too bad the seeds had such a bad germination rate, i wanted at least 25% of my garden to be ancient OG. Everything else is doing well too but none are as big as the Ancient OG's except maybe the Blueberry Hashplant , which makes sense because its a blue dream cross. But i think Ancient OG is better than any blue dream cross quality-wise. last year it tested 27% thc

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
yah i never top outdoor plants.

ancient OG is my favorite strain to grow, plants are huge and no issues at all, just like last year. Too bad the seeds had such a bad germination rate, i wanted at least 25% of my garden to be ancient OG. Everything else is doing well too but none are as big as the Ancient OG's except maybe the Blueberry Hashplant , which makes sense because its a blue dream cross. But i think Ancient OG is better than any blue dream cross quality-wise. last year it tested 27% thc

I probably missed this (well, I didn't really look to be honest) but when does the Ancient OG finish for you, if you don't mind me asking?

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Did they pack on a good bit of weight the last two weeks or were you mainly waiting on trichs to change color?

yah they put on a lot of weight in the last couple weeks before harvest. ancient OG stretches almost until october. last year we had some buds as long as my arm. the stems are not very thick though so a 3rd (or 4th) layer of trellis is necessary if you want all the branches to fill out without flopping over

TheSilverMullet

Veteran
I got an 8ft. orchard/tripod ladder this year and it's really been great. A 10 or 12ft. one might be the call for the bigger outdoor plants but I'm limited on headroom in my greenhouse so the 8 footer is perfect. They really allow you to get closer to the plant than a normal step ladder which is really nice considering how much time I spend every year caging.

Starting to dust stuff with AOG pollen. Cherry Pie got it this afternoon and now that the lights are on inside I'm going to go hit up the GG4, GSC, and a really nice pheno of the AOG itself. Glad I collected loads of this stuff.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Looking good man, will you put a trellis over the top before it gets to late? hope you have a tall enough ladder if so...
i have a 8 foot step ladder which is big enough, but the garden is on a steep hill so it might be sketchy. I'm already thinking about how to do that, because the tallest Ancient OG needs some support at the top or else its gonna be flop city soon , and probably some broken branches in october.

I got an 8ft. orchard/tripod ladder this year and it's really been great. A 10 or 12ft. one might be the call for the bigger outdoor plants but I'm limited on headroom in my greenhouse so the 8 footer is perfect. They really allow you to get closer to the plant than a normal step ladder which is really nice considering how much time I spend every year caging.
make me jealous why dont you :moon::biggrin:

where did you get your orchard ladder

Starting to dust stuff with AOG pollen. Cherry Pie got it this afternoon and now that the lights are on inside I'm going to go hit up the GG4, GSC, and a really nice pheno of the AOG itself. Glad I collected loads of this stuff.
wow, cherry pie x ancientOG seeds! save me some! haha! those crosses all sound good tho

i'm gonna try making my own ancientOG f2's this year too. I never made seeds before but i just collected some pollen from the Ancient male i saved which was the biggest out of 12

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
shit you beat me on the dripline!! man my season has been embarassing lol...

i think im chalking drip line this year....got all the coils in but the mainline is a fucking nightmare, i have to buy new 1' and new couplers and redo the whole shit. think im just gonna handwater until the end here...pretty fucking lame.

Sforza

Veteran
http://www.stokesladders.com/products/ladder-orchard-aluminum-tripod.asp

Heavy Duty Tripod Ladders / Orchard & Landscapers' Ladders
The Stokes tripod ladders have become the orchardists’ and landscapers’ standard. They are available in sizes from 5 to 16 feet in one-foot increments. Strong, structural aluminum along with expert workmanship and stringent quality control go into the manufacture of every ladder.

Features
Full 3” stepping with non-skid design
Extra strong extruded side rail
Solid aircraft rivets throughout
Bright red “no higher” safety reminder step
Formed angle braces for added strength
Anodized shoulder pad for comfort at balance point
Sturdy 3rd leg unit pivots on wear-proof steel bushings
Heavy-duty 3/16” pivot bracket on 3rd leg
Wide base for stability
Reinforced bottom steps for greater strength
Loose-fitting third leg cradle reduces wear on 3rd leg
Common Uses
Fruit Picking
Tree Pruning
Landscape Maintenance

Sforza

Veteran
mofoo;7078948what you think screws this was 8-5[/QUOTE said:
Definitely showing some potential.

I sure do enjoy checking out these outdoor grows of large plants. What an inspiration.