What's new

mmmmmm...donuts

gr866

Veteran
Why not multiple 315's? I was actually surprised at the amount if penetration you get with them. My first flower with one I did 2 plants that ended up about 4-4.5' and they were solid all the way down....tops much bigger and denser, but the lowers were great looking. Like I said, 2 plants, so there wasn't a whole lot shark g the lower bud sites

Here ya go there Otis, stacked 315's 5 plant vert.

GR

oti$

Nice...what kind of yield are you pulling? Hope many plants? You have a thread I can check out?

gr866

Veteran
Nice...what kind of yield are you pulling? Hope many plants? You have a thread I can check out?

Thanks for the comment,

First run with these lights together, did a horizontal grow with a 315 and a SS400 LED, 2 plants and did 15 zips, cured and in jars. I am hoping i get at least a g/W, running 5 plants four G13 Haze and 1 Critical Kush, both are Barney's Farm.

https://www.rollitup.org/t/grs-stacke...#post-13514942
Please stop by, I can always use some good advice from an experienced grower like yourself.

Going to start 12/12 soon, as they are 38" from medium even after SC'ing. I have a feeling I will be doing some SC'ing and LST during stretch
Here is a few pics from 6/1, did a minor defo, and a some supercropping
Before

After

Before

After

Just a pic from early in the grow.
5/08, seven days after tranplant from Solo's to the SmartPots

GR

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Thanks for the comment,

First run with these lights together, did a horizontal grow with a 315 and a SS400 LED, 2 plants and did 15 zips, cured and in jars. I am hoping i get at least a g/W, running 5 plants four G13 Haze and 1 Critical Kush, both are Barney's Farm.

https://www.rollitup.org/t/grs-stacke...#post-13514942
Please stop by, I can always use some good advice from an experienced grower like yourself.

Going to start 12/12 soon, as they are 38" from medium even after SC'ing. I have a feeling I will be doing some SC'ing and LST during stretch
Here is a few pics from 6/1, did a minor defo, and a some supercropping
Before
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=72958&pictureid=1749953&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
After
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=72958&pictureid=1749952&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Before
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=72958&pictureid=1749954&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
After
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=72958&pictureid=1749955&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Just a pic from early in the grow.
5/08, seven days after tranplant from Solo's to the SmartPots
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=72958&pictureid=1749956&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

GR

Somebody's been doing their homework!! Excellent looking plants and set-up man.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
building me some donuts tonight. wasnt the original plan for these ladies but i am in transition to a new building and it took longer than it should have so i will use to metal cage donuts to train these lanky overgrown bitches!

oti$

Gr866, Plants look great! I dont get on other weedsites much, but will check out your grow....

DH, ive always used donuts starting out a new spot or when i need to throw a grow together fast and cheap. The new cmh and de tech has got me doing some horizontal grows, but i can almost always gurantee a gpw+/- harvest with a well trained donut. I cant wait to toy with some cmh lights hung vertically. Ive heard they are coming out with se 630cmh lights. Those would be perfect for donut growing.

gr866

Veteran
Gr866, Plants look great! I dont get on other weedsites much, but will check out your grow....

DH, ive always used donuts starting out a new spot or when i need to throw a grow together fast and cheap. The new cmh and de tech has got me doing some horizontal grows, but i can almost always gurantee a gpw+/- harvest with a well trained donut. I cant wait to toy with some cmh lights hung vertically. Ive heard they are coming out with se 630cmh lights. Those would be perfect for donut growing.

Thanks Otis, you and other's here have inspired me.
I think you will love the CMH's, I do. The combo of coco, drip irrigation, Less is More fert., and the stacked 315's is all my tent can handle.
Been having to mutilate them poor ladies, but they seem to like it.

17 days into flower and they are so overgrown!

GR

packerfan79

Veteran

I have been waiting for a single ended 630cmh, so I can convert my 4k stadium

oti$

Ive been growing with 315 cmh flat grows and killing it yield and quality wise. I know id dominate with them hanging vertically. I cand wait to try them

Desert Hydro

Veteran
here is my thrown together temporary set up. the plants in the donut will get split into 2 separate donuts tonight. i just needed to hold them up until i transplant them. they are top heavy assholes that like to fall over. the two mothers under the LED will get scrogged horizontally each one trained into a 4x4 space and each one will get its own 600+W COB LED array. hoping to break the GPW mark and then some on both setups. got lots to do tonight and not much time to do it. i need an intern!

theres only 10 plants there and im good for 36 at the moment. got a few more vegging elsewhere that need to move over

Attachments

• IMG_2172.jpg
    IMG_2172.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 23

oti$

why cant DE be run vertically? is it something to do with the bulb or just a lack of feasible bulb holder?

Bulb holder makes it pretty difficult, if not imposdible, to mount them vertically which is unfortunate bc with the distance required from bulb to plant tops you could get some pretty big canopy areas with a vert de bulb...

oti$

here is my thrown together temporary set up. the plants in the donut will get split into 2 separate donuts tonight. i just needed to hold them up until i transplant them. they are top heavy assholes that like to fall over. the two mothers under the LED will get scrogged horizontally each one trained into a 4x4 space and each one will get its own 600+W COB LED array. hoping to break the GPW mark and then some on both setups. got lots to do tonight and not much time to do it. i need an intern!

theres only 10 plants there and im good for 36 at the moment. got a few more vegging elsewhere that need to move over

Looks like a sweet workspace DH, i wish i was in a legal area. Its become more and more exhausting growing illegally.

gr866

Veteran
Looks like a sweet workspace DH, i wish i was in a legal area. Its become more and more exhausting growing illegally.

I do know what you mean, I get my electric (Smart) bill and it shows comparison between my house and others in the neighborhood and mine is 70 to 100% more than those. I do have my shop in the back that sort of helps cover for the extra power usage. My state will be one of the last to even allow any medical that has THC in it Cock suckers, LOL

GR

Desert Hydro

Veteran
getting there :)

growing in secret is always stressful. been there, done that for years. ive tried it all. vert, flat, traditional etc. they all have their good and bad points. my last coco grow was forever my last. did coco and rockwool side by side and the difference was enough to say fuck coco for ever lol

Attachments

• IMG_2180.jpg
    IMG_2180.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2181.jpg
    IMG_2181.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 20

oti$

getting there :)

growing in secret is always stressful. been there, done that for years. ive tried it all. vert, flat, traditional etc. they all have their good and bad points. my last coco grow was forever my last. did coco and rockwool side by side and the difference was enough to say fuck coco for ever lol

really?! you doing flood and drain rockwool? gimme the deets...how many x's flood, how long/how tall veg, how many plants? ive never really fucked with anything but coco. ive had my best results with 50/50 coco clay pebbles in a ppk irrigated 6x's/lights on. ive been thinking lately, as i toy with my cmh and gavita lights over flat grows, that increased plant numbers with less veg time may be the way to go to get the gpws along with an extra harvest each year from each set up.
the camera lens on my phone is shattered and thats how ive been documenting my grows the kast few years. i need to get a new phone sp i cant throw up some pics...its been a while....

Desert Hydro

Veteran
really?! you doing flood and drain rockwool? gimme the deets...how many x's flood, how long/how tall veg, how many plants? ive never really fucked with anything but coco. ive had my best results with 50/50 coco clay pebbles in a ppk irrigated 6x's/lights on. ive been thinking lately, as i toy with my cmh and gavita lights over flat grows, that increased plant numbers with less veg time may be the way to go to get the gpws along with an extra harvest each year from each set up.
the camera lens on my phone is shattered and thats how ive been documenting my grows the kast few years. i need to get a new phone sp i cant throw up some pics...its been a while....

my side by side with coco and rockwool was flood and drain every three hours. the coco was hand watered once a day. the difference in appearance alone was enough for me to justify the switch. it could have just been me messing things up but it was KISS hand watered with a vert bare bulb in the middle. kinda hard to fuck that up lol.

now i run pots of loose rockwool or rockwool croutons with some NAPA floor dry(silica stone) mixed into it. in small pots they were being fed every 3 hours when they were bigger. now they are in 3 gal pots and fed once a day by hand until i set up my drippers again. 3 gal of rockwool is plenty of substrate to grow a massive plant. still building and setting up at my new shop so everything is a mess at the moment but its coming along nicely.

oti$

Nice!
Im revisiting some crosses i lost a couple months back...pie face, face off, rude boi, french toast, purple snow bubba, three queens, old family purple, bubbas girl and beanz BLR
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts