What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Click the link to join now and let's grow together! https://discord.gg/2RRJW2XCZU
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

moose/MI

These are my Purple Satellite and Green Mountain Grape 🍇 that I grew for the first time this season.
I already chopped on the 5th.
These branches are crosses that I made with Mountain Gold.
1000019403.jpg
1000019404.jpg
20241008_104934.jpg
I'm doing a seed reproduction of 3 phenos with the MG and thought it would be fun to dust the others.

Some have said they like a seeded cobb.
I have already picked out most of them
My plan is to cob these and the other crosses I made.
Seems like a best use. And will give me another cobb of each variety harvested weeks later for comparison.

Attachments

• 1000019405.jpg
    1000019405.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Buzzzzd

We're wood burners
Oh Man I am so envious of that wood pile!!! I've been cutting 10 bush cord of wood for the past 49 years or so....but my poor old tractor got baulky and my legs decided "Nope"!!!! So we will be heating with an electric furnace from now on and Ooooh that first hydro bill is probably gonna send me straight to my cob cabinet!!!!:whee: I should add that my tractor is 12 years older than me so........

I took these three out of the sweatbox after 24 hours and this is the first time that I have noticed dampness and the % has increased about 4 - 5% ... up to about 20%.
One on left has honey, centre has brown sugar and left one is plain. They will dry for a day then 7 day cure.
DSC06068.JPG

and a bit closer...
DSC06070.JPG

I did up another 5 this morning, all plain. Lovin' all the pics of everyones treasures!!!!:wave:

Tangwena

Veteran
These are my Purple Satellite and Green Mountain Grape 🍇 that I grew for the first time this season.
I already chopped on the 5th.
These branches are crosses that I made with Mountain Gold. View attachment 19083238 View attachment 19083239 View attachment 19083247 I'm doing a seed reproduction of 3 phenos with the MG and thought it would be fun to dust the others.

Some have said they like a seeded cobb.
I have already picked out most of them
My plan is to cob these and the other crosses I made.
Seems like a best use. And will give me another cobb of each variety harvested weeks later for comparison.
I prefer the high from seeded cobs the extra maturity of the resin on the seed husks adds a certain something special imo.
Also making seeds from your favorite plants is a great way to keep them around a year later when the cobs reach their peak in effects and you wish you had more ha ha.
Happens to me all the time.

Baba Karuna

@moose/MI
I agree with @Tangwena. The seeded herb allows for further ripening of resins on the pollinated calyxes and adds a more “mature” and complex effect compared to sensimilla. (At least in my experience). I have done fully seeded and lightly seeded. Both are amazing but you obviously get more floral weight from lightly seeded. Plus you can carry on the genetic potential of your choice plants 🙏🏼

🪷Om Tușțirastu🪷

Onboard

My apologies, did not mean anything offensive. My only intention was to be compassionate, positive, intentional and helpful 🙏🏼
No apology needed, I was just trying to say that I have been trying to use Google translate on your tag lines, but it doesn't work. Maybe it is my computer competence that its limited.
EDIT: I am really loving your work with the plants, but its just that I am a bit freaked out by "holy talk" in general. It's not that I am an un-spiritual person at all, but prefer to keep some things separate. Because nothing divides people more than religions and politics.
Boom Shackalack and peace Brother! :smoke:

Last edited:

Onboard

Hi friends,
Let me repent from my disruptive ways, by sharing a picture for my own memory and self-therapy, ok?
IMG_6969.jpeg

Why would I be so scared about showing that I am a total mess with my research samples??
Anyways, in this pic I wanted to show the KA5 cob oil from my recent test , and remind myself about a couple of old (Blue Dream) cobs that I had forgotten about. A lavender pheno, plus and a blueberry syrup one (none of which I managed to clone), which reminds me I need to pop more of the Bd seeds this winter! (Those had the nose of the grandmother and the mother, respectively.)

The cob oil run I did proved successful, and I got more than a gram of oil per six grams of cob, using very small amounts of solvent (ca 350 mL), and without much coffee filter filtration ( which I am not a fan of).
But I was also reminded, that oil is not my cup of tea😂 Never was, and probably never will be.
Because it wiped me out completely, very memorable and quite pleasant, but nothing I want to make into a habit. Day 1, I took a small (did not register on my scales) dab, like 50 mg at the most, and mixed it with weed in a joint. And it kept me flying for several hours, and took most of the day to finish it too. And the comedown was straight off to dreamland. Very heavy and confusing, but awesome too.
And the next day I felt like my computer had been deeply reset, but also like I my main hard drive war missing 😅
Made another smaller joint the next day, because I had to taste the last oil fraction too, right?? But that devestated me completely, straight to “gazing into the air” mode. And it took me over a week before I finished the joint.
And I haven’t really had the urge to try it again since. But it was great. Just a bit too killer for me, hahah 😁

Last edited:

moose/MI

Update on cob #2. The more moisture one.
It's being stubborn. I checked the cob every 6 hrs to be sure.
1000019463.jpg

1000019462.jpg

I have the Instant pot set to 110° but was not getting that as an actual reading.
1000019477.jpg
3 time I checked it. At 18 hrs I pulled it from the bag to smell it and feel it for moisture.
1000019478.jpg
The cob smells good and did not feel moist. I checked my original pictures and the discoloration on the narrow end was there from the beginning.

After a few minutes I looked at the bag and found some moisture but I felt it was just condensation from cooling.I

I sealed it back up. Turned my instant pot up a few degrees to see if I could get the actual up a degree or two.
Then I replaced it and went to bed.

Total time is now 24hrs. 18hrs @ 103° and 6hrs more @ 108°.
1000019485.jpg
1000019487.jpg

Does not look any different than it did @ 18hrs.

My question at this point is do I remove it and dry it and start the cure. Relying on time to finish it up?
Or return it to the Instant pot and head for 48hrs checking every 6 for the first hint of juice showing?

Thanks

Attachments

• 1000019479.jpg
    1000019479.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Green Zenit

Wow - finally someone older than me !!!!! :wave: :dance013:I don't think it works very well with rehydrated weed. If you have a crop coming due soon you might as well give it a go!! I am "almost" totally edibles now - except for using the "One Hitter" just as a tester to figure out strength etc.
I use the cob to make chocolates and Cococanna oil in capsules and my wife makes Ginger cookies with the oil.
That all sounds great!! Can I ask a bit more about those ginger cookies? Or should I head to the cookie thread. 😇

Buzzzzd

Can I ask a bit more about those ginger cookies?
My Trophy Wife is the expert on baking but basically any cookie recipe that includes an oil, I think she just figures out how many cookies the recipe calls for and roughly substitutes an equal amount of infused Coconut oil - so depending on the appropriate dosage of your cococanna oil. You can use all cococanna or whatever you need for the number of cookies and add regular oil to get to the proper amount of oil for the recipe.
Hope that helps!!! :wave:
If everything stays on track I should have way more Cobs than I will need so I am going to try to make some Cococobby oil !! :dance013:That should make some great cookies!!!!! :whee: