What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

moose/MI

These are my Purple Satellite and Green Mountain Grape 🍇 that I grew for the first time this season.
I already chopped on the 5th.
These branches are crosses that I made with Mountain Gold.
1000019403.jpg
1000019404.jpg
20241008_104934.jpg
I'm doing a seed reproduction of 3 phenos with the MG and thought it would be fun to dust the others.

Some have said they like a seeded cobb.
I have already picked out most of them
My plan is to cob these and the other crosses I made.
Seems like a best use. And will give me another cobb of each variety harvested weeks later for comparison.

Attachments

• 1000019405.jpg
    1000019405.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Buzzzzd

We're wood burners
Oh Man I am so envious of that wood pile!!! I've been cutting 10 bush cord of wood for the past 49 years or so....but my poor old tractor got baulky and my legs decided "Nope"!!!! So we will be heating with an electric furnace from now on and Ooooh that first hydro bill is probably gonna send me straight to my cob cabinet!!!!:whee: I should add that my tractor is 12 years older than me so........

I took these three out of the sweatbox after 24 hours and this is the first time that I have noticed dampness and the % has increased about 4 - 5% ... up to about 20%.
One on left has honey, centre has brown sugar and left one is plain. They will dry for a day then 7 day cure.
DSC06068.JPG

and a bit closer...
DSC06070.JPG

I did up another 5 this morning, all plain. Lovin' all the pics of everyones treasures!!!!:wave:

Tangwena

Veteran
These are my Purple Satellite and Green Mountain Grape 🍇 that I grew for the first time this season.
I already chopped on the 5th.
These branches are crosses that I made with Mountain Gold. View attachment 19083238 View attachment 19083239 View attachment 19083247 I'm doing a seed reproduction of 3 phenos with the MG and thought it would be fun to dust the others.

Some have said they like a seeded cobb.
I have already picked out most of them
My plan is to cob these and the other crosses I made.
Seems like a best use. And will give me another cobb of each variety harvested weeks later for comparison.
I prefer the high from seeded cobs the extra maturity of the resin on the seed husks adds a certain something special imo.
Also making seeds from your favorite plants is a great way to keep them around a year later when the cobs reach their peak in effects and you wish you had more ha ha.
Happens to me all the time.

Latest posts

Latest posts