What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Aetheric

Some excellent varieties cobbed there my friend. Bangi Haze should be a very interesting cob when you harvest it.
I'm sure all the sativa leaning plants will shine for you.
Panama is mind blowing cobbed one of my all time favorites.

The altered aromas bode well for a nice cure, once aged they will take on a life of their own ha ha.
I need a rest from my favorite South American cobs. I'm starting to loose my grip on reality ha ha But I love it so much its very hard to change to another variety ha ha.
Thank you brothers! @Tangwena @Baba Karuna Your posts were the inspiration for trying this. I chose to grow Panama from reading your reports Tang! I feel like a kid re-discovering my favorite plant again with this cure. I can already tell this will be my preferred method of curing going forward. Very excited to try chewing when they're ready!

moose/MI

All this talk of Panama. I thought I would share this picture of my Swabi-Dragon Panama cross under the Aurora Borealis at 42.2N. 😍
b3a4877c-2933-4a70-ac9a-3f50b9b24a4b-1_all_39161.jpg
It will be my longest flowering plant this season since I lost my Super Panama Haze to wilt as a seedling

moose/MI

Thank you brothers! @Tangwena @Baba Karuna Your posts were the inspiration for trying this. I chose to grow Panama from reading your reports Tang! I feel like a kid re-discovering my favorite plant again with this cure. I can already tell this will be my preferred method of curing going forward. Very excited to try chewing when they're ready!
I'm in the same boat as you. Found the thread in November last season just a little too late to try it.
But we're all in this season. 😉

Baba Karuna

All this talk of Panama. I thought I would share this picture of my Swabi-Dragon Panama cross under the Aurora Borealis at 42.2N. 😍
View attachment 19082647 It will be my longest flowering plant this season since I lost my Super Panama Haze to wilt as a seedling
This photo is so beautiful 😍 words cannot do it justice. I can only imagine how glorious it must be in person 🙌🏼 Thank you for sharing 🙏🏼

🪷Om Anantāya Namah🪷

moose/MI

Here's my second cob. Hanging 2.5 days
Purple Satellite. I'm trimming right from the line.
1000019306.jpg
1000019308.jpg
I trimmed off more this time. Make a bit larger cob. Everyone is always looking for something to do with trim. But fire in - fire out.
1000019312.jpg
I also trimmed it up a bit and removed the bigger sticks.
1000019313.jpg
Looked like this when I was done. Rolled it in a cornhusk this time
1000019352.jpg

Quite a bit more moisture on this one.
Will have to see if it's too much. Either way it will help give me a benchmark.

Vacuum bag sealed and in the Instant pot for 24hrs.
As always go ahead and let me know what you think.

Attachments

• 1000019351.jpg
    1000019351.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
  • 1000019344.jpg
    1000019344.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1
  • 1000019340.jpg
    1000019340.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
  • 1000019327.jpg
    1000019327.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
  • 1000019309.jpg
    1000019309.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 2

Tangwena

Veteran
Looking like a real cob and thats a fine sativa for cobbing should make a super euphoric dreamy high.
I just love the central and south American sativas or at least the ones I have tried.

As its a bit more moist I would check its progress every 6 hours in the heater as you dont want to over cook it.
As soon as you see both moisture and color change whip it out and dry it as is, until the corn husk is dry then reseal it for a week before drying again and resealing ect.
It will be changing quite fast by then so weekly inspecting and drying for the first month.
Your on a winner with that one.

Baba Karuna

Here's my second cob. Hanging 2.5 days
Purple Satellite. I'm trimming right from the line.
View attachment 19082758 View attachment 19082759 I trimmed off more this time. Make a bit larger cob. Everyone is always looking for something to do with trim. But fire in - fire out. View attachment 19082761 I also trimmed it up a bit and removed the bigger sticks. View attachment 19082762 Looked like this when I was done. Rolled it in a cornhusk this time View attachment 19082767
Quite a bit more moisture on this one.
Will have to see if it's too much. Either way it will help give me a benchmark.

Vacuum bag sealed and in the Instant pot for 24hrs.
As always go ahead and let me know what you think.
Looking good brother 🙌🏼 looking like proper cobs 🤩 you will enjoy the corn husk, it adds a nice flavor and experience.

I am harvesting so much lately that I have to make cobs every day. I have given up on trimming anything except fan leaves and leaves without trichomes. Otherwise I feel I’d never finish 😂

Love seeing your progress and enthusiasm 🙌🏼

🪷Boom Shankar Bolenath Mahadeva🪷

Buzzzzd

I have 5 more cobs in my sweatbox now. I have added some brown sugar to a couple and also have put some honey in a couple. The cobs are about 15 g and are at 13% moisture (if I can trust this moisture meter). I'm hoping that I can do a bit more comparisons this time - sugar, honey, plain, etc. - the tough part will be waiting the 6 months or so!!!! :whee: :groupwave:

Latest posts

Latest posts