What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Magic Mushroom Grow Kit?

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I birthed some PF tek cakes a few days ago, but when I made them I inoculated some uncle bens brown rice packs just for a laugh. Well, they seem to have worked very well! I'll be running a shoe box bulk in the next few days.

Quite excited that the uncle bens worked as I also came across a video suggesting I can transfer some grains from rice packet to rice packet! I also think I could do the same with a clone. In other words instead of cloning to agar, I don't see why I can't clone directly to an uncle bens?

Sterile air is necessary for transfer but yes you can clone to grain.

h.h.

Veteran
what has been your experience with psilocybin and chronic pain?. My pain level has increased as I’ve aged. It’s more consistent as in everyday. Marijuana doesn’t effect it. My tolerance goes up, but the pain is the same.
Microdosing psilocybin. Not tripping. Not feeling intoxicated other than what I would maybe feel from taking vitamin B with a shot of espresso without the caffeine jitters. The pain goes away. The intensity decreases. Now is this true? I don’t hear the praise. Maybe it’s too soon. I doubt that after thousands of years and many generations that I’ve just stumbled on to something.

Wiggs Dannyboy

Last Laugh Foundation
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A few months ago I grew a crop, got 2 flushes out of it (Golden Teachers), dried them up, and jarred them.

I tried them, only using 1 gram the first time just to get a gauge of how strong they were. Just had the slightest effect in my head, but no mushroom buzz at all. I usually don't need much to get a psilocybin effect so it was a surprise.

Next tried 2 grams, and again nothing but a slight change in my head, but no mushroom buzz.

I had never had this happen before. I didn't even know it was possible to have no effect at all. I went to the shroomery trying to find out what the hell was going on. The best responses I could find said the crop was just a dud. A freaking dud. After spending 6 weeks or so looking after the pretty little shroomies I was dealt a rotten hand.

Here in Oregon there is a lab that will test the shrooms for you to see what the psilocybin percentage is but the cost is $200. I really want to get them tested but for that much money, I don't know.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
A few months ago I grew a crop, got 2 flushes out of it (Golden Teachers), dried them up, and jarred them.

I tried them, only using 1 gram the first time just to get a gauge of how strong they were. Just had the slightest effect in my head, but no mushroom buzz at all. I usually don't need much to get a psilocybin effect so it was a surprise.

Next tried 2 grams, and again nothing but a slight change in my head, but no mushroom buzz.

I had never had this happen before. I didn't even know it was possible to have no effect at all. I went to the shroomery trying to find out what the hell was going on. The best responses I could find said the crop was just a dud. A freaking dud. After spending 6 weeks or so looking after the pretty little shroomies I was dealt a rotten hand.

Here in Oregon there is a lab that will test the shrooms for you to see what the psilocybin percentage is but the cost is $200. I really want to get them tested but for that much money, I don't know.
Are you sure what you had was cubes in the past?? Cyanescens is much more potent. Tripped balls off shrooms from deadheads in the 1970's, and now assume the latter. Did you freeze them after drying?? Have friend in Oregon that finds wild liberty caps which are small and strong. Some soy lecithin is supposed to boost the effect

Loc Dog

Veteran
A few quick questions -

How long can you freeze without potency loss??

Have an LC in fridge that is over a year old. Any chance it still works??

How long can spore syringe last in fridge??

Does alcohol ruin the experience??

Least depression I had for a month was after shrooms but no visuals. 1.3 grams not grown well.

TIA

Last edited:

exoticrobotic

How long can you freeze without potency loss??

Years.

Have friend in Oregon that finds wild liberty caps

I just had turf laid in the garden.

Fella was a very likeable Irish bloke. After watering for a couple of weeks twice daily, the uk temperature drop caused a handful of liberty caps to pop up.

I'm hoping after a few years of careful nurturing i can have more mushies than turf come September time.

It'll be flick not pick. I liberally sprinkled mushie dust everywhere too.

Hope there's some viable spores in that dust and that they take.

exoticrobotic

Dave from Newcastle, a proper pyschonaut, used to swear blind the best in the uk were the blue meanies - Panaeolus cyanescens, a dung loving fungi.

He used to take a few hundred liberty caps and be quite functional too.

Wiggs Dannyboy

Last Laugh Foundation
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Are you sure what you had was cubes in the past?? Cyanescens is much more potent. Tripped balls off shrooms from deadheads in the 1970's, and now assume the latter. Did you freeze them after drying?? Have friend in Oregon that finds wild liberty caps which are small and strong. Some soy lecithin is supposed to boost the effect
I am familiar with Cyanescens, and they are potent for sure. I used to go pick 'em in Green Lake Park in Seattle.

The shrooms haven't been frozen, just dried thoroughly, and are sitting in some jars with silica gel packets.

I have had cubes before, and although they aren't as potent as Cyanescens, they definitely have enough punch that I would feel a bit of a shroom buzz after 1 gram. For some reason, these were just duds. I should write an email to Paul Stamets to see what he has to say...

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran

I've had less potent substrains but never a complete dud.

That is terrible that you waited so long for so little...

Then again I've had seven out of seven seedlings end up male...

Nothing to do but keep swinging!

Glad to see you around again Wiggs!

Wiggs Dannyboy

Last Laugh Foundation
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've had less potent substrains but never a complete dud.

That is terrible that you waited so long for so little...

Then again I've had seven out of seven seedlings end up male...

Nothing to do but keep swinging!

Glad to see you around again Wiggs!

Hey Mr. M!

Good to hear ya, too. I like that phrase, "nothing to do but keep swinging!" There is solid truth in that.

I will definitely swing again. But I do want to understand what might be going on... for instance, is there something I did wrong in my grow (I don't think so, but not impossible) before I try again. I'm going to wait for the summer months and the high temps to pass (my apartment has no AC) before giving it another shot.

I did send Paul Stamets an email. I couldn't find his personal email, so I sent it to his company Fungi Perfecti (info@fungiperfecti) in the hope that they would pass it on to him. I haven't heard back yet, but he is a very important guy and busy as hell I'd assume. I'm not expecting a fast answer, just hoping he has time to get back to me.

Loc Dog

Veteran
Hey Mr. M!

Good to hear ya, too. I like that phrase, "nothing to do but keep swinging!" There is solid truth in that.

I will definitely swing again. But I do want to understand what might be going on... for instance, is there something I did wrong in my grow (I don't think so, but not impossible) before I try again. I'm going to wait for the summer months and the high temps to pass (my apartment has no AC) before giving it another shot.

I did send Paul Stamets an email. I couldn't find his personal email, so I sent it to his company Fungi Perfecti (info@fungiperfecti) in the hope that they would pass it on to him. I haven't heard back yet, but he is a very important guy and busy as hell I'd assume. I'm not expecting a fast answer, just hoping he has time to get back to me.
He is touring with the Dead. Saw on his FB page.

Wiggs Dannyboy

Last Laugh Foundation
ICMag Donor
Veteran
He is touring with the Dead. Saw on his FB page.
Must be a different Paul Stamets. The guy I'm talking about isn't a musician, he's a mycologist.

Interesting factoid that I just discovered last night. For anyone who is a fan of the Star Trek franchise, one of the newer shows (which you can find on the Paramount + channel) is called Star Trek Discovery. The show takes place on the starship Discovery, and one of the characters is an officer (I think of the science variety) who invented a new advanced starship drive called the "spore drive." It uses mushroom spores in a weird and whacky way to propel the ship faster than dilithium crystals.

Anyway, this officer's name is... Paul Stamets... named after the same Paul Stamets who is famous in the world of mycology, and a magic mushroom guru. When I realized that this character's name was Paul Stamets I got a big kick out of that!

Latest posts

Latest posts