What's new

Kali China

Common Sense

I, too, am at the point where there always has to be some KC in stash 😋
While the indoor harvest ist curing, a clone from the same plant ist really loving it outdoors at 48°N. All the bugs (see above) are gone now. She had 3 main branches with 4 tops which I pruned. Now I count 13 tops.
IMG-20240719-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20240719-WA0002.jpg

paisajedehierba

Hola @paisajedehierba 🥰 makes me very happy to see you growing my beloved Kali China for the first time!
How did she finish ? How would you describe her terpene profile ?
Hola Dubi, she´s almost done. If I count right, first pistils appeared 8 weeks ago tomorrow. Due to grow in the too humid cellar, I had mold in one main bud (relativ humidity around 80% during two days, at the moment between 60 and 65%, temp. round about 27°C). The rest of the plant is healthy. No I´m using extra head mats to lower down humidity. I´m impressed with those resinous buds. The smells are spicy/incense, hardly any fruitiness, slightly creamy.

I have had the pleasure of growing one KC outdoors in 2021. The complete yield was a gift for friend, so I can not speak about it. He reported back that he had enjoyed KC very much. It had a pronounced analgesic effect for him, so that he had to take less or no hard pain medication after a hip operation.

Attachments

• 20240719_KC one or two days before harvest.JPG
    20240719_KC one or two days before harvest.JPG
    823.6 KB · Views: 72
  • 20240719_KC_very resinous_spicy incensy slightly creamy smell.JPG
    20240719_KC_very resinous_spicy incensy slightly creamy smell.JPG
    763.1 KB · Views: 67
  • 20240719_KC_very resinous_spicy incensy slightly creamy smell_2.JPG
    20240719_KC_very resinous_spicy incensy slightly creamy smell_2.JPG
    398.9 KB · Views: 65

Common Sense

What a difference the bright summer sun creates as compared to the rainy weather or even indoors. I really love this plant. Started feeding her today since she looked hungry after my 7 day absence. Topped with a good handful of worm casting/chicken manure pellets and some fresh potting soil. She did not show the purple stems indoors, from where she came as a clone.

IMG_20240729_183809.jpg IMG_20240729_183912.jpg IMG_20240729_183931.jpg IMG_20240729_183951.jpg

regentag

Hola,
my KC fem in her last Days. I know she is not a high yielding Strain but of course I could have done much better. I'm still a noob but I know my mistakes.

She is in 16L, light deprivation since end of June so my plants have to be quiet movable and I don't need big plants either.

full

full

full

2 Days ago, Headbud Top
full

Greeetings

Common Sense

That looks very good @regentag . Here is my update at 48°N without light deprivation.
Love the striped stems.
IMG_20240806_181919.jpg

I hope not much longer till flowering
IMG_20240806_182007_1~2.jpg
IMG_20240806_182049.jpg IMG_20240806_182220.jpg

Noticed these brown spots on the leafs. Picture from after the rain this morning.
Would you worry about these?
IMG_20240808_072847_1.jpg

Common Sense

Yeah, the yellowing came when I was away for a week, have started feeding and it seems to have stopped progressing. I am a little hesitant to increase the feeding further. She had too much nitrogen indoors, from where she came as a clone. Indoors she was harvested 2 months ago and the samples have steadily improved since then. A really, really nice effect for sure. Powerful, too. Like the first 2 times I grew her. It would be so interesting to compare the indoors and outdoors result from the same plant.
It's an interesting experience to be high on the same plant that you are sitting next to, watching the little side branches grow.
I did remove the 2 smallest branches and all the 2nd generation side branches that came out of every node up to the 4th or 5th node of each of the remaining 11 branches.

Mitsuharu

White Window
✓
Veteran
It's a shame!

Maybe using smaller containers next time and/or using cuts hoping that they will flower sooner.

You still can chop her up to cuts and grow them indoors. :biggrin:

Common Sense

I meant the yellowing stopped progressing with the feeding.
It's all cool. I have a glass full of harvest from her from the indoor grow. The outdoor plant is a clone from the indoor plant already harvested. Even if she does not finish outside, it was nice to have a beautiful green bush on my balcony. We still have about 14h 40 min from sunrise to sunset here, so I am not suprised she isn't flowering, yet.

Cactus Squatter

Hola,
my KC fem in her last Days. I know she is not a high yielding Strain but of course I could have done much better. I'm still a noob but I know my mistakes.

She is in 16L, light deprivation since end of June so my plants have to be quiet movable and I don't need big plants either.

full

full

full

2 Days ago, Headbud Top
full

Greeetings
Nice work! I bet she ends up smelling and tasting absolutely amazing!
Hands down my favorite smells come from KC.

Common Sense

Flowering day number 1 yesterday for my Kali China balcony grow. Finally. She's taken her time and showing a large appetite for nutrients. Have not always been able to match that with my feedings, so we have quite some yellowing on the lower leafs. The heat lately with temps above 30°C in the shade may have also hurt her a bit as she is receiving full sun all day and the concrete tiles on the balcony/terrace get really hot.
The two smaller ones in front are clones from my indoor Zamaldelica, finally finishing reveg and making their first 5 finger leafs. KC is the large plant.
IMG_20240817_192224.jpg
IMG_20240817_193927.jpg

Common Sense

@Common Sense It reminds me of the best KC that I have grown and tried.
A real surprise.
:love: Yeah, the first samples from the indoor grow of the same plant are very promising, indeed. I think I need to try her again soon. Today she got soaked with rain almost the whole day. Just emptied the pot saucer which was filled to the rim with water. Rain has finished now and some really nice days ahead it seems.
At what latitude did you grow her outside?

regentag

Hola.
Thanks @Common Sense
@Cactus Squatter She's my first KC, the smell is nice and I'm glad I let her go. Her she is now :love:
full

She went through some heatwaves and partly way to hot night temps in the shed where I am doing light deprivation. So the other day after a tropical night many Trichs went brown and the leaves tips went crispy. I know I should harvest but I love to look at her, she is prettier every day. If the effect is good, KC will be in my garden often I guess!

full

full

Grüüüße

Last edited:

Green Zenit

I am feeling special about this Kali China, she’s the queen of the garden at the moment as she stretches and I take care of the kings. 3 mo old in 7 gal living soil with jadam jlf and very light salts waterings View attachment 19044379
Thats a beauty! @moofingaround I think we got the same pheno (china yunnan leaning), large internodes and incense smell on stem rub! Also around 2 and a half months of veg and really hoping she starts to flower soon since she is already well over 2 meters, and end of October we get cold weather and lots of rain. Have a great flowering everyone!! 🌞🎩
IMG_6368.jpeg

Tranquilidade

2 month cure smoke report of KC x Outback Haze and KC x Oldschool Haze both from Ace Seeds R&D.

KC x Outback Haze
KC x Oldschool Haze
AromaWoody, savory, leathery, livery, incensy, citric, limy, mintyWoody, flowery, savory, incense, grassy, light citrus
EffectUplifting, Euphoric, Glowing, Potent, PositiveTrippy, Active, Euphoric, Oldschool/Nostalgic, Positive, almost all in head effects
Other noteslower yielding but better bag appeal and better flavorsalmost 2x yielder

My first impressions on KC x Outback Haze was whoaaaa!!! This is like KC on steroids, with slightly different terps but definitely more potent. Something in the progeny connected for this enhanced experience.

My first impressions on KC x Oldschool Haze, was is this stuff trippy? Cause I'm trippin :D Very warm, nostalgic, almost no body, oldschool type of high.

Both stands on its own and are equally good. Both will be grown again.

Now I want to try pure Outback haze & Oldschool haze, and I think they both would be a good pair for Panama.

kcx.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts