What's new

Kali China

Common Sense

My Kali China on the balcony terrace 5 completed weeks after first pistils appeared.
Here she is after sunrise drenched in morning dew.

KC 5wk (20 von 20).jpg

I was out of town for two weeks and the weather was not optimal, except for the last four days. Instead of watering, all my trusted plant service person could do was to remove the plants from their undersaucers, they were about to drown. Temps in the single digit range. Yes, the mm precipitation (blue bars) is the same as liters per square meter.

1727029082999.png

When I returned, I expected the worst, but, except for many yellow leafs, they are looking good. Not a single spot of budrot and no pest damage at all. I had expected hords of aphids or spider mites. At least some powdery mildew. Got lucky I guess, so far none of the above. She has 11 nice branches, over 90cm tall and sits in a 15L pot with peatless soil.
KC 5wk (1 von 20).jpg

KC 5wk (6 von 20).jpg KC 5wk (13 von 20).jpg KC 5wk (14 von 20).jpg KC 5wk (16 von 20).jpg

Let's hope for a few more sunny days. I will be able to put them under a cover when more rain comes, but every night the temp will go below 10 °C and there will be a lot of moisture in the morning.
I did have to remove a small spot of budrot from one of the two Zamaldelica clones that are in 3L pots next to her.

Attachments

• KC 5wk (3 von 20).jpg
    KC 5wk (3 von 20).jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 15

Latest posts

Latest posts