What's new

Kali China

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Glad you managed to finish the grow without ending up empty-handed @Common Sense Plants that were interrupted during flowering and experienced re-vegetation accumulate much more chlorophyll, resulting in a harsher smoke or vape. It also looks like she had too many nutrients stored at harvest time and didn't have enough time to flush and fade for a proper, more natural end product. A long curing period will be required to soften the harshness.

Common Sense

Glad you managed to finish the grow without ending up empty-handed @Common Sense Plants that were interrupted during flowering and experienced re-vegetation accumulate much more chlorophyll, resulting in a harsher smoke or vape. It also looks like she had too many nutrients stored at harvest time and didn't have enough time to flush and fade for a proper, more natural end product. A long curing period will be required to soften the harshness.
Thanks @dubi, I believe everything in your post is on the spot. Completely agree.
I did get 30 g dry weight out of it and the second harvested batch (plant minus tops), which got 5 more days, is already developing some of the typical Kali China scent.
KC 6_24 1.jpg KC 6_24 2.jpg
I had taken a clone from this plant 33 days after flip and it took a long time to reveg completely, 2 full months to be exact. It is my first clone (together with the Zamaldelica) and also my first outdor attempt.
It is also a test for a new potting soil (Frux Bio Blumenerde -torffrei-) I recently bought and so far, she seems to love it (just straight out of the bag, no additives). Really started vegetative growth only recently after the up-potting, which coincided with dramatically improved weather as well.
KC 20240630_1.jpg KC 20240630_2.jpg

Never seen such a happy plant in my grows before. She does get 16 h of daylight at the moment and is getting at least 10h of full sun on that south facing terrace on 3d floor level. She really loved some of the hotter days recently. This all despite I did observe some spider mites damage today and sprayed her with neem. I have seen all kinds of pests on that balcony and expected white fly or aphids mainly, but I was wrong, seem to be mites:
IMG_20240630_124024_1.jpg IMG_20240630_124151.jpg IMG_20240630_124500.jpg

Tranquilidade

Kali China x Oldschool Haze (Aromas are mostly floral with hints of incense, but I'm sure it will change after the cure.)
Kali China x Outback Haze (Has very complex and rich aromas such as lime, lime soda, pine, floral, exotic sour fruit and something else very complex. Kinda reminds me purple Thai Chi pheno, but with more lime/pine thing going on. It has a better bag appeal although a smaller yielder than KC x Oldschool Haze. Both harvested at week 10. Smoke reports very soon.

IMG_5648-2.jpg
IMG_5671.JPG
IMG_5679.JPG

Latest posts

Latest posts