What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

jamaican "lambsbread"

KaYa-mon

Indeed the city is a shitty.... but that is here also.
The rastas have kept the strain believe me, lambsbread is also a way for pointing out very good weed.

Roms

Veteran
Yep our JLB VibesCollective's line comes from the true old Rasta community from Trenchtown in Kingston... With the promise that there would never be money generated from this rare, old and spiritual lineage transmitted in the ages, probably from the sadhû in India at first.

Hum question, does anyone know where the JLB seeds sold recently by Reeferman and Olschool BA come from? (128$/10)?

They say +12 weeks but it looks like the true pure sativa Lambsbread 16/20 weeks! ?

KaYa-mon

Ha Roms great having u around here.
No idea saw them indeed a while back on his site... 12 weeks very fast for a jlb.

Sharing these little seeds for bigger deeds

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Is the Lambsbread not taken to Shashamane in Ethiopia and still grown over there?

picture.php

Roms

Veteran
Yep Mex! :) Africa/India spirituals connections, Rastafari is the mix of the two in the age...

Private quote from Rahan ten years ago about Jamaican ganja, with Kaiki's Blue Mountain and the Lambsbread start project.
(google translate)

..The first serious opportunity came from a very generous Spanish breeder who sent me Jamaican seeds collected in the Blue Mountains in 1985 and preserved in Spain. The first attempt to germinate the seeds was not good but finally, a first culture of 10 individuals was made, under neon lights. It was quickly followed by a second under HPS and many trials with different configurations to learn about the strain. This Jamaican grows vigorously with relatively short internodes. The leaves are moderately broad, with many leaflets and a dark green color. There are few hermaphroditic individuals in the lineage, and the plants had to be greatly stressed to see them. The flowering pattern of the Blue Mountains was dense heads, with a large number of aromas, fruity, with hints of strawberry for some individuals. The high of the strain is very interesting: relaxing, cool and calm. It's a good grass for the day, to keep things in check. This is not the most powerful strain, but if you smoke too much at once, it can disrupt ... It is well adapted to indoor conditions, with a maturation time ranging from 11 to 14 weeks and good production in the end. In the range of possibilities on the origin of Jamaicans, I would say that this one is probably related to the Colombian strains.

Roms

Veteran
^^

The second serious opportunity came recently, vibescollective. It is a strain collected in a rasta community of the French West Indies, a quality strain "lambsbread" that was offered to the community by a rasta reggae singer who performed a concert on the island. There is little information about the strain, except that the high is electric and addictive, and that the singer said that the strain was very rare, even in Jamaica. The seeds are of medium size, with a brown color and stripes and black dots. I made a first crop and got pure sativas plants, not easy to grow but not impossible. There are some hermaphroditic individuals and few pure males in the lineage (1 in 15 at the first attempt, 4 in 35 in the second). The stump has a nice grassy smell during the vegetative and produces fine leaves with many light green leaflets. It produces semi-dense heads, with pretty light aromas, very fruity and spicy (some have felt banana and apple in it). It takes 14 good weeks to mature the first heads and at least 16 weeks to be sure. The high of the strain is totally cerebral, no ceiling and totally positive. The only negative is that it can hit the heart if it is harvested too early. My hypothesis about the origin of the strain is that it probably has Indian origins, and perhaps a Mexican influence. The optimism of the strain makes it very interesting to smoke in the afternoon or early evening, listen to music and drift in the clouds, but be careful not to smoke too late or sleep will disappear. It's my favorite variety, both in culture and tasting. "

Rahan, VibesCollective.

tcherno

I was waiting for you to see this post-Roma, I was not legitimate to draw the first ... it becomes an epidemic.

To you who want to make money with it, do not forget that JGL himself did not sale it pure ... as promised

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Bought not long ago Jamaican Kush at CBG from USC.Is only for sale on their website.

Jamaican Kush - JBM x PCK

picture.php

Bob Green

Ill be auctioning off males and females together, in a bundle, of these Pure 100% Sativa JamaicanLambsBread F3's (by JahGreenLabel) at the next GeneTraders event May 6th in FreeTown, Massachusetts, for anyone who wants a chance to grow out these untainted Jamaican sativas.
You could make more JLB's and even use the males to make hybrids.
Rare chance to find this strain in the U.S with both males and females together for your breeding pleasure.

Thought Lambsbread was a spiritual sacrament never to be sold?

Make that money mang!!!

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
I want to get her into the hands of the right person that will appreciate the strain. But I’m not gonna sell it at the request of the Vibes Collective. I will be blessing the person with a gift of Lambsbread If I to am blessed at the show. Otherwise these 6 JLB’s will stay with me for my own enlightenment.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you want the average person to have access to this strain, you must accept that some will exploit it for profit. Churches run on donations.

Bob Green

I want to get her into the hands of the right person that will appreciate the strain. But I’m not gonna sell it at the request of the Vibes Collective. I will be blessing the person with a gift of Lambsbread If I to am blessed at the show. Otherwise these 6 JLB’s will stay with me for my own enlightenment.

Maybe a decent idea would first offer it back to the Rasta community where it belongs and maybe blessings will come to all? It was preserved by their elders for a reason. At the moment the youth have no access.

I am sure breeders will appreciate the LB as well. After all the Rasta did let her go into the growers community for a reason. But I believe we owe them and maybe you are the ambassador to get the job done?

No easy answers just a suggestion. Everyone knows you are a good dude you just came off a little salesman like with the way you presented the auction. It's a mofo having such things and not being able to share freely. Especially when you are passionate about the plants and just want everyone to have the opportunity to experience what you have helped preserve.

:tiphat:

RC_Colas

Veteran
Hola Bob Green,

I do not ever remember seeing that assertion to not sell the Jamaican made on any of the forums and they have offered it in Double Jam a while back. It is fortunate to have these made available in various forms and at very reason prices. As you know it takes money/time to grow these out and stablize so thanks to CBG and USC for doing this for the community:)

Saludos

RC_Colas
:tiphat:

Thought Lambsbread was a spiritual sacrament never to be sold?

Make that money mang!!!

Bob Green

Supposedly they where given permission to sell hybrids made with the line but not to sell bud or seeds of pure Lambsbread. Pretty sure it's all in this thread.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
BUSHMAN (REGGAE SINGER) INTERVIEW with HUSSLA D - PT.1

Bushman is a Jamaican reggae singer. He was raised in the Rastafari culture from a young age. Wikipedia
Born: 1973, Saint Thomas Parish, Jamaica
Full name: Dwight Duncan
Nationality: Jamaican
Genre: Reggae
Albums: Nyah Man Chant, Total Commitment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AqsQCnAqo0

Latest posts

Latest posts