What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

jamaican "lambsbread"

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
I miss my lambsbread cut, one that was floatin around nor cali 5 or 6 years ago. I just popped some of the seeds i made, lambsbread x strawberry diesel kush from fractal. Hope i get some dope lamb leaners!

Satta

Started Jamaican Lambsbread'60 few weeks.Here's the only two plants i could get from 6 old seeds (pre 2010) from Jahgreen.

This week they will probably go into long flowering.

picture.php

picture.php

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Many year ago(2004-2005)in Amsterdam,at Baba coffeshop,i found a jamaican weed called norman manley(like a ex president),this weed was wast,fresh,full of seeds,but i planted those seeds and i got a female,beautiful,with narrow leaf,very long flowering....

bestothebest

Lucky on the male and female... Better cross them and make as many seeds as possible. Do you by chance still have the other four seeds?

Satta

Lucky on the male and female... Better cross them and make as many seeds as possible. Do you by chance still have the other four seeds?
Sadly male turned out to be hermie.
I planted 6 seeds but 4 didnt sprout.This two plants is all i got.:tiphat:

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Sadly male turned out to be hermie.
I planted 6 seeds but 4 didnt sprout.This two plants is all i got.

Hey bro! Sorry to hear about that... I feel we really need to get back to the first seed batches in order to do a better hermie clean-up, while stopping all the subsequent reproductions unless we go back to the oldest batches, otherwise I have the feeling we may end with the same issue that happened with the Zamal GN line that ShadaX has been reproducing for the latest decade. I believe this is the reason why landrace reproductions must be taken more seriously, otherwise inbreeding and quality loss within the line should be an issue.

Last time I spoke to Rahan he told me he was still working with those and trying to reproduce the older P2 generation (pre2007) and was going to send a bunch... sadly I never spoke to him since then though. Hopefully I'll be able to get in touch with Rahan sometime soon and ask him about how his projects go.

I've used later batches in some breeding projects but the trait still seems to segregate even if firm males are used. I will try to germinate the oldest batch of seeds I have but I believe those should came via JGL as well. At least now I have a deeper understanding of the line.

Vibes bro.

P.S: Some pics from the latest selection out of 40 seeds. At the end, I've found out to my surprise that I've harvested 4 green females + 4 purples too after getting rid of the hermie females, males and undesirable plants so the phenotypes were quite balanced. Also I bet that the very few bananas I've found after binning intersex plants were mostly due to the temperature stress rather than a blatant hermie tendency.

Purples had a spicy twist to it, very Haze-like... definitely reminded me to some Punto Rojo, OT Haze, O. Haze and even Nevil's Haze plants I had in the past but with a special something, could be rotten fruit or some kind of sweet'n'sour smell. I'm testing at the moment a Zamal GN/Lambsbread hybrid I've did and I'm enjoying the interesting combinations combining the spiciness of the Jamaican with the pungent sour mango smell from the Mango-Carrot.

100% caribbean looking ganja:

picture.php

picture.php

Green phenos were quite similar but definitely more creamy and less sharp in terms of smell, sweeter, more delicate IMO... This was one of the banana-prone ladies, nothing to worry about though, just a tiny banana here and there, doesn't even look fertile:

picture.php

Loved this stringy foxtail babe:

picture.php

And the tallest female, she packed nicely besides the cold temperatures and lack of sunlight at the end of december, average temp was like 11 celsius.

picture.php

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lambsbred= the Rolls Royce of cannabis,,
17+ weeks to bloom and £25 a qtr in 1979,,,,
best i have ever smoked !
then and now,,,
much respect to anyone growing her,,,944s2

Glad to see this thread still kicking! Never gets old seeing them grown out. Wish someone would do them outdoors or in a greenhouse though. Indoor grows just don't do them justice. Especially when it comes to hermie expressions, seems the indoor environment invokes those traits. Still sitting on a handful of this Lambsbread. Someday.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Mustafunk ~
Did the Powdery Mildew ruin those buds while drying at all?
I grew out a female JLB and at week 16 PM attacked it real good and I had to cull it.
I was devastated ~

picture.php

WEEK 13 ~
picture.php

picture.php

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
God damn that's a nice plant.

I'm on a seed trip and got some Honduran. Now I'm looking for Jam. I just won't know the strain positively. Still it's more fun than a trip to Disney. Again.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Mustafunk ~
Did the Powdery Mildew ruin those buds while drying at all?
I grew out a female JLB and at week 16 PM attacked it real good and I had to cull it.

I often have PM spots outdoors as well, I always prevent with neem, potash soap or something similar before the flowering sets in because I've experienced the same in the past. She needs lots of love and care! :biggrin:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Ok. I'm sampling a lot of weed here in Honduras. They have the local stuff they call Trash (I think it's incredibly clean high) and what they call Jamaican. I've had two of those. Unfortunately they don't know much about the import genetics. Both were dark brown and at first it didn't look like weed until I saw the stems. The highs are incredible with momentary blackouts. Lol. The smoke on one was super smooth and your joint smokes smooth like a water pipe. One smells like a hash we used to get in the 70s, but the other smells like someone was picking their ass when they bagged it. Lol

Anyone ever have Jamaican weed that smelled of ass/crap?

Last edited:

ThaiBliss

Veteran
TycoMonolyth,

My Rant:
I grew some Jamaican Lambs Breath back in the early 80's. It nearly ripened up north and had huge buds. I think it was at the time that indica just started polluting the stellar ganja genetics. I was so sure the term was "breath" instead of "bread" because of this weed. It smelled horrible like bad breath and raw meat. Ass? Oh yes, and another reason why I thought it was "breath" is because that was what people were pronouncing it as. Have you ever heard a thick Jamaican accent? When they say "youth", it sounds like "youdt". Anyway, the only other time I smelled anything similar to that was when I smoked some Jack Herer. Now, I am settled on Lambs Bread because of the biblical connotations and the term King's Bread, even though I've never heard it from a Jamaican. I'm not entirely convinced there wasn't the "tail wagging the dog" going on here, but I'm finally rolling with Lamb's Bread. LOL.

I'd preserve the Trash. Jamaican I smoked back in the day rivaled Thai Stick. It was an incredibly powerful and clean high, except for the speediness. So was Thai. Trip weed for sure. Based on the trade routes of sailing ships, everything at one time was S.E. Asian / East Indian weed in the Americas. They sailed from Asia to Mexico, went overland through Acapulco, to Jamaica, then down the Atlantic coast. Lamb's Bread sucked, the way I grew it, compared to Jamaican Ganja, pronounced ganj... I think the genetics in this thread look like the real deal. My friend grew some Jamaican Ganja back in the 70s that turned out spectacular. It looked like the plants in this thread.

I am old enough to have experienced when Mexican weed was world class. When it went commercial, Jamaican and Columbian were the great weed sources. It all got ruined by indica, and now we have to search for small pockets of great weed scattered around the globe.

:scripture:

ThaiBliss

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
TycoMonolyth,

My Rant:
I grew some Jamaican Lambs Breath back in the early 80's. It nearly ripened up north and had huge buds. I think it was at the time that indica just started polluting the stellar ganja genetics. I was so sure the term was "breath" instead of "bread" because of this weed. It smelled horrible like bad breath and raw meat. Ass? Oh yes, and another reason why I thought it was "breath" is because that was what people were pronouncing it as. Have you ever heard a thick Jamaican accent? When they say "youth", it sounds like "youdt". Anyway, the only other time I smelled anything similar to that was when I smoked some Jack Herer. Now, I am settled on Lambs Bread because of the biblical connotations and the term King's Bread, even though I've never heard it from a Jamaican. I'm not entirely convinced there wasn't the "tail wagging the dog" going on here, but I'm finally rolling with Lamb's Bread. LOL.

I'd preserve the Trash. Jamaican I smoked back in the day rivaled Thai Stick. It was an incredibly powerful and clean high, except for the speediness. So was Thai. Trip weed for sure. Based on the trade routes of sailing ships, everything at one time was S.E. Asian / East Indian weed in the Americas. They sailed from Asia to Mexico, went overland through Acapulco, to Jamaica, then down the Atlantic coast. Lamb's Bread sucked, the way I grew it, compared to Jamaican Ganja, pronounced ganj... I think the genetics in this thread look like the real deal. My friend grew some Jamaican Ganja back in the 70s that turned out spectacular. It looked like the plants in this thread.

I am old enough to have experienced when Mexican weed was world class. When it went commercial, Jamaican and Columbian were the great weed sources. It all got ruined by indica, and now we have to search for small pockets of great weed scattered around the globe.

:scripture:

ThaiBliss
Ya ya... Bad meat!

I've been collecting seeds here, especially the "Trash" because it's such a clear beautiful high (not a stone). The dude looked at me like I was crazy. Lol I have 2 lbs of seeds going out via FedEx. One of each strain. Hope they make it.