What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

jamaican "lambsbread"

Roms

Veteran
JLB was simply in the private initiated area before JGL play with it and sell his "double" work with the Kaiki's Blue Mountain. Now time passes and the JLB is known in the public sphere and sadly sold in pure form recently so it's important to repeat and coach that the Rasta and our good conscience don't wanna see money from its pure form.

Ok that's the spiritual hype about the JLB but everyone can grow and simply select some goods from Ethiopians or South/North Indians et cetera to recover the true Lambs bread vibes! :biggrin: And sell it or not! But the Jamaican Lambsbread is something different and religious, we have to respect it! Peace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7q58TWWdgKk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pzyI8sCyOY

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
This Jamaican Lambsbread is in the same line as Molokai Frost or Jawhi's Joy.Sharing is caring.Only hybrids for sale, but not for the varieties in pure form.

Roms

Veteran
This Jamaican Lambsbread is in the same line as Molokai Frost or Jawhi's Joy.Sharing is caring.Only hybrids for sale, but not for the varieties in pure form.

A point of view which I do not agree in general terms bro. For me no problem to sell pure landrace and even more if there is generations work in it! Ya know several different lines can be created from just one landrace! :) Same with the JLB, there's several pheno in the line to reveal... :ying:

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
I want to get her into the hands of the right person that will appreciate the strain. But I’m not gonna sell it at the request of the Vibes Collective. I will be blessing the person with a gift of Lambsbread If I to am blessed at the show. Otherwise these 6 JLB’s will stay with me for my own enlightenment.

Sure, I think it was just a misunderstanding so it's all good. All the info is out there, including posts from JGL and so on. I'm feeling it's important to honor the wishes of those who first brought the line into the scene. I'm not rasta myself but I have big respect for all the people involved, from Bushman to Upoc, GrowDan, Rahan and so on. The past year I've been speaking a bit with Rahan and he told me he continues working with the JLB as well, using the oldest stocks he had around hoping to preserve as many genes as possible. Trying to germinate as many possible seeds every year so year after year he continues his work and makes the most of the resources he has.

It's not a matter of debating on selling landraces or not, in this case it's just a matter of respecting the wishes from those who gifted a bunch of seeds privately and a word that has been given out. For me respect and honoring is on top of anything else. The rest is low hanging fruit.

In my opinion it's ok to sell something when you have done a proper work with it, be it improving a line or creating your own hybrids from a bunch of different genetics. But taking advantage on other people's work is way different and we've seen that in the past with many other lines that came from the Vibes Collective forums like the Ethiopian, Mauritius, CST, Chiang Mai, Lebanese, Jamaican and so on.

There were many talented growers, researchers and amateur breeders at the Vibes Co and I'm sure they will continue to do their thing even besides many of them, Jahgreenlabel included, are no longer involved with the scene. He offered his very own JLB based hybrids in the past (Double Jam, Colombian/Jamaican) and I'm sure we may see some other hybrids in the future, our goal is preserving the legacy but also giving people the opportunity to grow unique hybrids and have the chance to enjoy them.

Everyone is trying to find his own path in life, be it with Cannabis or not. But others like Rahan, Roms, Kanza, FL, Kushyman, Huesos, Bodhi, Charlie Garcia and all the rest remain active and I'm sure we will continue for years.

Vibes.

Roms

Veteran
Well said Mu'! :) Without forgetting Dubi, BSC, HFH, LMN, Lagoutche, Breizou etc and all others anonym from the VibesCollective who will recognize!

Patience, the level of "cannabis consciousness" will grow up with the new land races wave and the legalization gain territories... We can starta dream about big plans to stabilize the ethic game in future. From today and example the Jamaican state could already think about promoting and protecting theirs Lambsbread genetics! As this can be done with time in Colombia, Mexico, Chile, Brazil... So before politics thoughts and acts the pop have to be well informed at first! Muchas gracias for your work in this way Mustafunk! Re evolution come!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4-t3nTeJLQ

ahortator

Veteran
I hope with legalization old NLD ganja strains will come back again. But the problem is to keep them alive until that time came! Many good old strains have vanished as tears in rain among so many hyped bastardized couchlocking BLD polyhybrids. So people must be aware of their true value!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCkpeDg6CJs

It is really sad to do a search on Google and find most plants grown nowadays in Jamaica, Mexico or Colombia are teeny-weeny Afghan BLD polyhybrids. But what seems more sad to me is to see people visiting those fields and they act as if they were the true old landrace. They don't complaint nor ask for real Ganja. Don't they realize they are being scammed?

Why bother to travel there to see the same polyhybrids you can see in any indoor in your own country?

It is really boring!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuGBu4zElPs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObYIjQ3yrCU

mexcurandero420

Veteran
A point of view which I do not agree in general terms bro. For me no problem to sell pure landrace and even more if there is generations work in it! Ya know several different lines can be created from just one landrace! :) Same with the JLB, there's several pheno in the line to reveal... :ying:

To sell seeds of a pure landrace is no problem imo, but when you sell seeds of an open pollinated landrace, which was given as a gift, i think you cross the line.
Sure what you said that in a landrace you can find different phenotypes and imo it should be no problem if you sell one of the phenotypes.
Personally i'm not interested in selling seeds.I'm interested in landraces, because you can find fragrances in those landraces, which you'll not find in the so-called Dutch genetics.

KaYa-mon

All here said great words of honour and respect not just for the plant but to a whole community,
i like that very much, rarely seen now a days.

True pure lines are not for the sell...
Remember time when there was little or nothing to eat, selling this sacret plant was a way to stay alive !
Not in it's lambsbread form but bushweed or corntrash as it was called as this was the only to get your hands on. Grown wild and free!

The lambsbread on the other hand was nurist, treasured and taken care of very well with raspect and a lot of love. Not available for any price but yes shared.
After al these years still and imo the only way.

Burt

Veteran
Jah Jah herself put no conditions on any plant on this here earth, even for the gorgons so let’s not divide and get conquer’D

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
If I am understanding this, then the pure Lambsbread was never sold? The Jamaican sold back in the 70's was something else?

My guess is that a cross of the Lambsbread to a long flowering sativa heirloom will give you the same effects the pure Lambsbread would, if you do some pheno hunting. Original Haze x LB and Colombian Gold '72 x LB being a couple that I have. It is when you cross it to a shorter flowering sativa or worse an indica, that you would lose the magic.

KaYa-mon

If I am understanding this, then the pure Lambsbread was never sold? The Jamaican sold back in the 70's was something else?.

Ofcourse sold but we are talking about the seeds

My guess is that a cross of the Lambsbread to a long flowering sativa heirloom will give you the same effects the pure Lambsbread would, if you do some pheno hunting. Original Haze x LB and Colombian Gold '72 x LB being a couple that I have. It is when you cross it to a shorter flowering sativa or worse an indica, that you would lose the magic.

In a way you are right, if you want keep a line then not.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Maybe a decent idea would first offer it back to the Rasta community where it belongs and maybe blessings will come to all?
Man, I really like the idea of getting it back to Jamaica. Back in the 70s it was as good as Thai Stick or Sumatran.

Breaks my heart that hash plants were introduced.
Everyone knows you are a good dude you just came off a little salesman like with the way you presented the auction.
Hat's off to the Vibes Collective.

T.B.

mexcurandero420

Veteran
Jamaican Lambsbread seems to be a relative of Kerala , according to Phylos bioscience.That's interesting.

picture.php

Even at the days of Bob Marley Jamaican Lambsbread seems to be rare .

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Almost certainly a south Indian strain. They called pot collie in Jamaica. Kali is a Indian word for a God.

mexcurandero420

Veteran
Was wondering which Jamaican sativa was used in Jamaican Pearl from Sensi?Any thoughts?

JBM from four seasons

picture.php

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Man, I really like the idea of getting it back to Jamaica. Back in the 70s it was as good as Thai Stick or Sumatran.

Hi bro, as far as I know it was already brought back to Jamaica actually... same did Charlie Garcia with the Jamaican Blue Mountain '85 they used to have in the past. Mexicans and Colombians were sent to their countries as well.

On the other hand, how many of those Jamaicans, Mexicans or Colombians growers are actually raising awareness on preserving their legacy? After all they were the ones who started introducing foreign genetics within their crops and fields so it's hard to educate people on that, given the impact of capitalism and globalisation all over the world. Sad but true, something that's also happening whith all kinds of endangered plant/animal species from all types.

It's normally the biologists and researchers those who raise awareness on the importance of preserving those rare populations before it's too late and pushing preservation programs. So it's the Jamaican Universities, gene bank curators and local bontany researchers those who should take the lead and make an effort and look for a change, and not actually the money men looking for investment oportunities or people like the Marley family trying to make money from this and exploit their very own culture: https://www.marleynatural.com/ ). I bet Bob would be rolling at his grave.

On the other hand, I'm sure there are old farmers cherishing their seeds hidden almost everywhere. It's just a matter of finding them out and doing research/documenting their legacy, be it Mexico, Colombia, South Africa or Jamaica.

Vibes.

Roms

Veteran
Sure the original LB should still exist with roots Rasta people in the Jama mountains and far from internet or babylon things... In peace with Jah all around fruits, springwater and so on! Poor and rich at the same time but that's exception, rare natural mystic people!

And like everywhere there is a young generation thirsting for culture and cannabis in Jamaica and more and more landrace conscious i think... Like Shaheed last year, no news bro?
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=330959

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBfYcyOPSaE&t=112s&list=FLo2pIwaUVybvIrUVhRmN-7Q&index=13

(...) I'm interested in landraces, because you can find fragrances in those landraces, which you'll not find in the so-called Dutch genetics.

Ya Lambsbread in itself can produce apple, banana, mint, pepper and different rare terpz... But usually Lambsbread is not tasty, those pheno are hard to find like good Kerala pheno for exemple. i mean there's also hemp specimens if you let the nature polliniz without human selection!

Jamaican Lambsbread seems to be a relative of Kerala , according to Phylos bioscience.That's interesting.

View Image

Kerala has the same power clean high thing with also the same looking and flowertime.

Naga sadhu in Kerala...
picture.php

Boom Shiva! Jah Rasta far I

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran

View Image

Is that on old picture? I can't get that view anymore.

In the galaxy view 60's lambsbread sits closer to Colombian and Thai than Kerala, but by the looks of it most ganja strains have some roots in India anyway, so the Indian affinity might be mediated trough Thai or Colombian, not directly from Kerala.

Hard to say, but it is clear that the old American landraces are related. Mexican strains have quite a bit of hemp related ancestry though. Lambsbread comes out looking 100% landrace which is a pleasant surprise!

mexcurandero420

Veteran
Is that on old picture? I can't get that view anymore.

In the galaxy view 60's lambsbread sits closer to Colombian and Thai than Kerala, but by the looks of it most ganja strains have some roots in India anyway, so the Indian affinity might be mediated trough Thai or Colombian, not directly from Kerala.

Hard to say, but it is clear that the old American landraces are related. Mexican strains have quite a bit of hemp related ancestry though. Lambsbread comes out looking 100% landrace which is a pleasant surprise!

Its an old picture before the website was changed.JLB is closer to Kerala than Colombian gold.Don't see any Thai btw in the pic.Its possible that contractworkers from India brought the seeds from India to Jamaica in the time India and Jamaica as well were under the crown of England.

Latest posts

Latest posts