What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

jamaican "lambsbread"

Siever

Veteran
Hey Thai Bliss,

may I ask you if you have ever grown Cannabiogen's Mexican Strains (you most probably did) and what's your opinion about them?
About the Lamb's Bread; I once grew U.S.C. Double Jam and it lacked potency. It was truely weak weed. Absolutely not worth the time, effort and so on.

Kind regards,

Siever

RC_Colas

Veteran
Hey Siever,

I also grew the USC Double Jam and had some low potency individuals but found some that were electric:) There may be some value in running somemore if you still have them kicking around. I found sexual stability to not be 100% but the few that were with potency made up for it.

Saludos

RC_Colas
:tiphat:

Hey Thai Bliss,

may I ask you if you have ever grown Cannabiogen's Mexican Strains (you most probably did) and what's your opinion about them?
About the Lamb's Bread; I once grew U.S.C. Double Jam and it lacked potency. It was truely weak weed. Absolutely not worth the time, effort and so on.

Kind regards,

Siever

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Hey Thai Bliss,

Kind regards,

Siever

I have not grown any of Cannabiogen's Mexican seeds. The last Mexican I grew was Copilita Oaxacan. It was a true Mexican, right down to the mustiness in the aroma. I have smoked a lot of that stuff when I was very young. I also drove through a Mexican town once when the national guard must have been burning someone's crop. I could smell it everywhere. The Copilita was very good but reminded me of Colombian. It was very dreamy and relaxing. No indica couch lock, no limb heaviness. It was a floaty but relaxing euphoria. It was far enough away from the clear, clean, energetic trippiness that I've been looking for and have made progress on in recent years.

In all honesty, the individuals I tested from the Jamaican strain in this thread were not strong. I was going to try again under different growing conditions, but I lost my cuttings. I did have one male that stood out for its strong incense aroma that I wanted to breed and test. I have a few seeds left that I need to finish testing. Like I said, the phenotypical structure of these plants look like what I have seen with my own eyes in the early 70s.

ThaiBliss

RC_Colas

Veteran
Thanks for the KIND Copalita words amigo...doing another run this summer of my remaining P1s along side the F1s I shared with you.

Saludos

RC_Colas

I have not grown any of Cannabiogen's Mexican seeds. The last Mexican I grew was Copilita Oaxacan. It was a true Mexican, right down to the mustiness in the aroma. I have smoked a lot of that stuff when I was very young. I also drove through a Mexican town once when the national guard must have been burning someone's crop. I could smell it everywhere. The Copilita was very good but reminded me of Colombian. It was very dreamy and relaxing. No indica couch lock, no limb heaviness. It was a floaty but relaxing euphoria. It was far enough away from the clear, clean, energetic trippiness that I've been looking for and have made progress on in recent years.

In all honesty, the individuals I tested from the Jamaican strain in this thread were not strong. I was going to try again under different growing conditions, but I lost my cuttings. I did have one male that stood out for its strong incense aroma that I wanted to breed and test. I have a few seeds left that I need to finish testing. Like I said, the phenotypical structure of these plants look like what I have seen with my own eyes in the early 70s.

ThaiBliss

Siever

Veteran
Hey Siever,

I also grew the USC Double Jam and had some low potency individuals but found some that were electric:) There may be some value in running somemore if you still have them kicking around. I found sexual stability to not be 100% but the few that were with potency made up for it.

Saludos

RC_Colas

I made some seeds from it, but I don't have any original seeds around.

regards

KaYa-mon

Got me some USC dj and they are soaking, the ones before wich i put directly into soil here outside in brazil did not sproud....

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I don't think either of the "old school" Lambsbread (breath) or Kingsbread (breath) exists anymore but I may be wrong. If there are any remote rastafarian villages off the beaten path, then maybe. But I doubt you'd find it on seedsman or seed finder.

I picked up some seeds on my last trip, and the weed is chocolate brown. I might grow one this year. Dunno yet. If I do I'll make a seed run with it.

KaYa-mon

Yes still there mon but ki da hidden and treasured, surely not you'd find it with any respectable seedbank. But who knows will change, never thought they legalize the herb in ja too so....

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
This line Jamaican comes straight from the Rastafarian communities of the Caribbean collected late 1960:)

Pure sativa with very fine leaves and a green light!!!

For the last reproduction , 25% of male (15 of 60 plants) and about 15% of hermaphrodite!!

taste fruity, slightly spicy, high positive,cerebral and no ceiling :smoker:

best vibes

G `day JGL

If it was collected in 1960 .
How was it preserved ? Was it grown over the years in another location ?
I ask as I have my doubts a 50 year old seed would sprout .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

ahortator

Veteran
Hi Elmer. Nice to read you! ;)

hello ,

This line was collected from the reggae singer Bushman!! He said that this strain was cultivated by the "old" for many years!!
it is likely that Peter Tosh and Bob Marley smoking have this line one day because the community Bushman is the same as that of Peter and Bob

best vibes

High'

Nice grow Jahg' :)

Ouaip this line Lambsbread was collected backstage on Bushman's concert by a french rasta lover called GrowDan few years ago. Then the seeds came in the hands of another french landrace lover called Rahan, who has with friends worked and selected P1s from the Jamaican singer to produce multiple generations and reduce hermies.

First of all Thanks to these two individuals GrowDan, Rahan and the old VibesCollective around for preserving and sharing this precious by Mr Bushman. Several generations were born and work over time and today a new one apparently with a new friend in the person of JGL.

Personally i think such a thing in pure form cannot be sold, she's too holy^^ we cannot imagine money around, simply respect...

Une illustration dessinée par Ekzod pour étoffer, le frère disparu à Dan, rest in peace bro..

View Image

Purple haze inside aussi :D une des mères selectionnées en fait de la dernière repro 2010 du collectif.

View Image
By Volcanik and Upok... :wave:
View Image

hola roms,

many thx bro ;)

bigbluedog360,I think the friend Roms responds well to the question of the sale of such variety!

I collected the seeds from two friends, Breizou and Rahan and I promised that I would not sell this strain in pure form

best vibes

Jamaican lambsbread

This one was gifted to our small collective last year. It comes straight from rasta communities in the Carribean. The history can be tracked back to the 70's in Jamaica. A true jewell !

Pure sativa with narrow leaves. The seeds are of medium size, with brown colour and black spots/stripes. It is not easy to grow but not impossible. There are some hermaphroditic individuals and few males in the line (1 on 15 in the first attempt, 4 in 35 in the second). The strain has a nice grass smell during vegetative and produce narrow leaves with many leaflets of a light green color. It produces semi-dense buds with nice light aromas, very fruity and spicy (some have smelled banana and apple in it). It takes a good amount of 14 weeks of flowering to obtain the first mature buds, and at least 16 weeks to be sure. The high of the strain is totally cerebral, no ceiling and absolutely positive. The only negative point is it can be heart beating when you harvest it too early.

here are some pics, some are grown under 400W HPS, other under 250W HPS.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/5157419-thumb.jpg]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/5157418-thumb.jpg]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/5157417-thumb.jpg]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/5157416-thumb.jpg]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/51574LambsbreadBud2-thumb.jpg]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/51574LambsbreadBud1-thumb.jpg]View Image[/url]

KaYa-mon

Elmer, i also first undertood like this but strain has been preserved by the community since 60's on the island and seeds shared by singer Bushman.

ahortator

Veteran
More info about the strain from a Spanish forum:

Hello lastra87,

Your colleagues have already told you about it, but if it's necessary, I'll confirm it too: you will never find it because no commercial seed bank proposes Jamaican Lambsbread. The only one that sells crosses with authentic lambsbread - the Double Jam and the Columbian gold (gold Santa Marta) x Jamaica lambsbread - is Underground Seeds Collective, a bank that has already advised you in this thread.

That Lambsbread strain was given by the reggae singer Dwight Duncan "Bushman" to a rasta community of Martinique, and there it was conserved until some seeds arrived in Europe where it has been reproduced, preserved and conserved in the private sphere, thanks to a handful of totally disinterested people. In addition, this variety will never be sold pure without hybridizing because Jahgreenlabel, the USC breeder, promised it to the friend who was responsible for preserving it.

Translation of a Jahgreenlabel post: «The history of the Lambsbread goes back to the 60s. It comes from the singer Bushman who grew up in a Rasta community since his childhood. This strain was already present in his community when he was born. On the occasion of a concert in Martinique, he brought seeds of this variety to another community of the French island and offered it asking to preserve it pure as it was scarce in Jamaica, even in the communities »

After reproducing and preserving it, this Lambsbread was reintroduced recently in some Rasta communities of Jamaica and other Caribbean islands. JGL also distributed thousands of lambsbread seeds in the private area.

The mother of the Double jam is a purple lambsbread quite savage, very powerful and very stimulating effect that has no ceiling.

a greeting

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am growing out Snowhigh's Original Haze x Lambsbread. It is my most anticipated strain I am now growing. Just a hunch but I think it holds magic.

Snow would have a real Lambsbread if any would. Shame what happened with it in Jamaica. Not a peaceful Rasta place down there either, at least in the cities.