What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

It's the Climate, stupid

h.h.

Veteran
View attachment 18756537

^ in the mean time…science (by popular demand lol) is on the verge of bringing back extinct species. Yay!!!! We’ll need a narrative to push for that to happen. Line up he investors! Get the public behind it! Sell the Dream (or nightmare)!!!

Nobody sees the paradox? The irony? Don’t think this happening?

Lighten up. The sun will come out to shine on your pet Woolly Mammoth (you can name him George)….as the glaciers melt…the sea rises…plastic decorates the skyline…electronic waves eat into brains…drought…fire…flood…UV waves…tsunami…earth quakes..hurricanes…tornados

…it’ll be biblical dude

Line up! Get behind your favorite political party! Get your rebate!

Ok…I’m done jerking

I have to go to the ranch and get stoned…and grow…and steward the land and my mind

View attachment 18756560
You speak as if all scientists are the same person.

St. Phatty

You speak as if all scientists are the same person.

In a way, they are. Each of us is, The Scientist. or, A Scientist.

Most of us have 86 or 87 Billion Neurons, where each neuron is composed of several cells, like a logic gate being composed of transistors.

Each of us has the ability to understand seemingly complex things like induced radiation in a nuclear power plant.

Where a scientist who is knowledgeable in a certain field comes in handy, they are able to explain things that are usually clear, clearly.

"You observe sh8t, you see patterns, you describe what you saw in words"

a fair answer for the standard question sometimes asked in college science classes, "what is science".

Many of the members of ICMag are among the foremost scientists in the world on the subject of Cannabis, even if they are treated like sh-t by the medical establishment.

Even if they name strains things like "Cat Piss".

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
FcxgPzpX0AASNwW.jpeg

No increase!

buzzmobile

Veteran
Are the Dutch worried about hurricanes? If ya'll are concerned about hurricanes I can recommend a website to soothe your fears.

It has been a quiet season for this very observant hurricane watcher.

Do you have concerns, @mexcurandero420 ? If you are in the projected path of a hurricane be sure to fill your bathtub/s with water before the named storm overwhelms the dikes. It could be a while before services are restored.

Ask me how I know about hurricanes.
:D

Stay safe, and as some folks say in the United States, "Watch the water", can you hear me, @Three Berries ?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Are the Dutch worried about hurricanes? If ya'll are concerned about hurricanes I can recommend a website to soothe your fears.

Stay safe, and as some folks say in the United States, "Watch the water", can you hear me, @Three Berries ?
those on the coast of Alaska better be "watching the water" today. news says waves over 50 ft, and tides up to 13 feet higher than usual from the storm coming off of the typhoon in the Pacific...

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran

Do you have concerns, @mexcurandero420 ? If you are in the projected path of a hurricane be sure to fill your bathtub/s with water before the named storm overwhelms the dikes. It could be a while before services are restored.

We had some tornadoes 2 months ago, but i'm not worried.Got stuck in a huge storm in the 80s once, where trees snapped like matches.I live at the sea.Hurricanes will not occur, to cold for that.Btw we have wonderful dikes.
Problem is in the south of the country.Last year they had floods due the river Maas and no dikes like we have at the coast.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Did you windsurf in one, or surf-surf ?

I used to swim in storm surf, but they seem to not call it a hurricane when it's in the Northern Pacific.
typhoons in the Pacific. "a rose by any other name..." talk about splitting hairs, lol... i rode out a hurricane going up the coast in Florida once. waves ran all the way up the beach, broke against the walls lining the beach & filled the pools with saltwater. i enjoyed it, but there was no way to get into the water unless you were tired of living...you were at risk of being washed out in water knee deep.

Three Berries

The Storm will arrive after the Queen's funeral. TS Fiona (Hill) is near Hispaniola and Haiti now.

Three Berries

https://dailysceptic.org/2022/09/01/the-real-inconvenient-truth-arctic-sea-ice-has-grown-since-2012

Global warming paused, polar bears thriving, more coral on the Great Barrier Reef than you can shake a stick at – it’s been a difficult gig for climate alarmists of late. But there is always the melting Arctic ice, and the prospect of the Greenland ice sheet slipping off its perch and ending up in your front room. Alas, even that old standby is looking shaky, with evidence gathering that the ice is no longer melting as fast as in the recent past. On August 16th, summer sea ice in the Arctic was at its third highest extent since 2007.

According to the U.S.-based National Snow and Ice Data Centre (NSIDC), the northern sea route along Eurasia “may not become ice free” this year for the first time since 2007. Preliminary estimates by NSIDC suggest a 30% chance that sea ice will cover five million square kilometres, something that has not happened for eight years.

In a related article, Watts says that climate activists, including government bureaucrats, claimed that the ice sheet was melting six times faster than it was 30 years ago. This claim, improved to seven times, was recently repeated by Matt McGrath and the BBC. But 30 years ago, the Greenland ice sheet was barely melting at all. “Six times almost no ice loss is hardly an example of a climate change crisis,” observes Watts. Over the last couple of decades, claims of Greenland ice melting have been used to bolster fears of runaway sea level rises, says Watts. He adds that satellite images and recordings going back to 1993 show sea levels rising at a mere 1.2 inches per decade, and this is not significantly different to typical rises recorded since the mid-1800s.

Of course, all these scare stories are politicised science pushing the command-and-control Net Zero agenda. Let us put it in a wider paleoclimatic frame to see how dramatic effects are sometimes produced by natural variation. An interesting paper has just been published by two glaciologists in America, Laura Larocca and Yarrow Axford, that found that over half of the Arctic’s glaciers and ice caps (GICs) that exist today did not exist or were smaller 10,000 to 3,400 years ago. At the time, atmospheric carbon dioxide ranged between 260 to 270 parts per million, compared to the current 410 ppm.

Three Berries

Biden Climate Appointee Studied at CCP-Controlled University Linked to Chinese Military

President Biden's latest climate appointee studied at a Chinese Communist Party-controlled university that conducts research for the People's Liberation Army.

Biden this week tapped Dr. Yue (Nina) Chen to serve as chief climate risk officer for the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, where she will develop "climate risk management frameworks for the federal banking system." Chen earned her chemical engineering degree from Tsinghua University, which one think tank deems a "very high risk" because of its involvement in a "high level of defense research and alleged involvement in cyberattacks" on behalf of the Chinese military. Tsinghua conducts research on "artificial intelligence, air-to-air missiles, navigation technology, instrument science, and materials science," according to the Australian Strategic Policy Institute.

Chen, who previously held a climate regulator position at the New York State Department of Financial Services, is a proponent of "environmental, social, and governance" guidelines, a socially progressive approach to investing known as ESG. Under ESG, investment managers and insurance companies gauge companies' risk based on their commitment to progressive goals in the areas of diversity and climate change. Chen spoke at a panel last year on the topic of pressuring industries to "finally leave fossil fuels behind" and redirect their investments "toward solving the climate crisis."

Chen is not the first Biden nominee for the bank regulator to have studied at a Communist-run university. Saule Omarova, whom Biden nominated last year to oversee the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, earned a "Lenin scholarship" at Moscow State University in the late 1980s. The White House pulled Omarova's nomination after Democratic senators said they would oppose her confirmation because of her support for ending the country's reliance on fossil fuels. Omarova has said she wants to "starve" companies of money to invest in the fossil fuel industry.

Will Hild, the executive director of Consumers' Research, expressed concerns over Chen, citing her education at "CCP training grounds." He said her appointment is part of Biden's effort to establish controversial "environmental, social, and governance" policies at federal agencies.

The White House did not respond to a request for comment.

https://freebeacon.com/biden-administration/biden-climate-appointee-studied-at-ccp-controlled-university-linked-to-chinese-military/

Three Berries

earlier in the summer I was seeing outside CO2 go from +600ppm in the morning around 8am then drop to sometimes under 400 in the late afternoon. The big swing is fading away now with the loss of sunlight and the plants winding down for the year.

How many volcanoes are active right now?

St. Phatty

earlier in the summer I was seeing outside CO2 go from +600ppm in the morning around 8am then drop to sometimes under 400 in the late afternoon. The big swing is fading away now with the loss of sunlight and the plants winding down for the year.

How many volcanoes are active right now?

Do you have a CO2 meter ?

Didn't know they were so cheap.

Three Berries

It's buyer beware with the cheap stuff. I bough 3 of these and sent them all back. No even close to what I have.

51gFJFl9MrS.__AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_FMwebp_.jpg

And I find a lot of stuff way off, that's why I usually buy in threes for the cheap stuff. Hopefully at least two of them agree but not always.

Latest posts

Latest posts