What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

It's the Climate, stupid

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran

There is more ice on the North Pole than 10 years ago.
Well I've bought stock in those northern shipping companies.

1660605612111.png

Ooops

1660605696732.png

Chi13

ICMag Donor
It's not the climate, stupid!

Seriously, I was about 14 when I realised that "the state is not a benevolent institution", but rather a system to keep those in power, in power, and to keep the status quo (short term Capitalist profits) going.

It's actually one of the reasons why I'm more inclined to believe climate science than not. It's not called an inconvenient truth for nothing. If you take the science around this question to be factual, and it is, to the best of our knowledge, then you have to accept that it goes against the mainstream capitalist thinking, that you can continue to rape the world for short term gain, with no consequences.

You seem to believe that you have some insight into an imaginary deep state, whereas from where I am all you are doing is being conned by your so called "elites", such as big oil & gas who have immense power. They are the ones who have put out all this anti climate change nonsense, for the purpose of being able to continue to gouge as much profit as they can before it all goes to shit (from a climate perspective).

Chi13

ICMag Donor
We can all post happy snaps of where we live (three berries does this a lot), but that proves nothing. Boiling frogs don't realise what's happening either, and not many of us are going to notice vary gradual increases in temperature. I go hiking most weekends in the most beautiful pristine rainforest, which burnt for the first time in millennia during the last fires. No amount of photos means that means human induced climate change isn't occurring.

Here we've had unprecedented bushfires, followed by a deluge that in my 60 years have not seen before. My curry leaf tree looks healthy, but it no longer loses it's leaves in winter because now winters are warmer. Many km south of here an ocean current is now 2 degrees warmer, resulting in some species of kelp being wiped out, which in turn effects the fish population. I could go on and on.

Last edited:

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
We can all post happy snaps of where we live (three berries does this a lot), but that proves nothing. Boiling frogs don't realise what's happening either, and not many of us are going to notice vary gradual increases in temperature. I go hiking most weekends in the most beautiful pristine rainforest. None of that means human induced climate change isn't occurring.

Here we've had unprecedented bushfires, followed by a deluge that in my 60 years have not seen before. My curry leaf tree looks healthy, but it no longer loses it's leaves in winter because now winters are warmer. Many km south of here an ocean current is now 2 degrees warmer, resulting in some species of kelp being wiped out, which in turn effects the fish population. I could go on and on.
I’m demonstrating a natural climate cycle. Normal.

May into June we had a 280,000 acre wild fire. Again…demonstrating a natural climate cycle. That’s our dry and very windy cycle.

It’s the real world. What I see every day.

I don’t how better it to express it.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I’m demonstrating a natural climate cycle. Normal.

May into June we had a 280,000 acre wild fire. Again…demonstrating a natural climate cycle. That’s our dry and very windy cycle.

It’s the real world. What I see every day.

I don’t how better it o express it
I'm not arguing that it's not the real world as you experience it, just that changes are more subtle than a lot of us realise. Also, in some areas of the world these changes are more rapid and evident than others.

If your days were filled diving off the coast of Southern Australia instead of running in the mountains, your experience would have been different. You would have noticed the kelp forest dying.

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
I'm not arguing that it's not the real world as you experience it, just that changes are more subtle than a lot of us realise. Also, in some areas of the world these changes are more rapid and evident than others.
….and that proves what? The climate is changing? Or that human beings caused it to change?

The crux.

If you spent your days running mountains instead of diving that kelp forest your experience would be different. You’d see a healthy forest?

I used to live on the coast of California. Pretty healthy kelp forests. I can attest.

Take note of the White Shark population since they banned hunting them…here in the states. Booming.

Last edited:

Hempy McNoodle

….what do you believe you are witness to? Like some great unveiling. It’s pretty basic commentary…dude.

The Shallow State
This is what I've been saying. It's not deep and it's not rocket science. Glad we agree. So, we are all on the same page? CO2 based climate change is a cover for covert Neo-Nazis weather warfare meant to attack and enslave humanity under a one world government... Glad we got that straightened out! :groupwave:

Hempy McNoodle

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
This is what I've been saying. It's not deep and it's not rocket science. Glad we agree. So, we are all on the same page? CO2 based climate change is a cover for covert Neo-Nazis weather warfare meant to attack and enslave humanity under a one world government... Glad we got that straightened out! :groupwave:

…..you shouldn’t talk like that…you’ll have yourself believing it.

Latest posts

Latest posts