What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

It's the Climate, stupid

h.h.

Veteran
I think you said you were a marine.

Dad was shot and left for dead in Iwo Jima except for a buddy who saw his foot twitch and lassoed him dragging him off of the hill. He taught mountain warfare until he could no longer send kids to war.

He attended the university of Oklahoma joining the Soil Conservation Service afterwards.
When mom met him he was living in North Dakota in the winter, in a tent doing research.
They give you a “G” title. G-1, G-2… I think he worked up to G-13.
A lot of work in the Palo Verde Valley. One thing he did was classify all the soil in the area. Even put out a little pamphlet on land use that’s still available online. In the summers, we’d go up to Cedarville where he continued to work. Later we moved to Coachella where he was the head of the district. When I was in my late teens, he was granted the title of scientist.

I get the sense that you think a scientist is simply a nerd working in a lab after too many years in college. Somebody making shit up to keep us all scared. They’re not. They’re actual people. Not much different from yourself.

St. Phatty

If I had a larger amount of money, I would be investing in beachfront property - based on 10, 20, 30+ sea level rises.

I did a paper on what it would take to raise sea levels by 135 feet, in a Geophysics class in college.
The goal was to submerge 90% of Los Angeles.
The professor liked it.

h.h.

Veteran
If I had a larger amount of money, I would be investing in beachfront property - based on 10, 20, 30+ sea level rises.

I did a paper on what it would take to raise sea levels by 135 feet, in a Geophysics class in college.
The goal was to submerge 90% of Los Angeles.
The professor liked it.
Can you do it during Coachellafest?
If I buy property around Atascadero, will I have a private island?

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
I think you said you were a marine.

Dad was shot and left for dead in Iwo Jima except for a buddy who saw his foot twitch and lassoed him dragging him off of the hill. He taught mountain warfare until he could no longer send kids to war.

He attended the university of Oklahoma joining the Soil Conservation Service afterwards.
When mom met him he was living in North Dakota in the winter, in a tent doing research.
They give you a “G” title. G-1, G-2… I think he worked up to G-13.
A lot of work in the Palo Verde Valley. One thing he did was classify all the soil in the area. Even put out a little pamphlet on land use that’s still available online. In the summers, we’d go up to Cedarville where he continued to work. Later we moved to Coachella where he was the head of the district. When I was in my late teens, he was granted the title of scientist.

I get the sense that you think a scientist is simply a nerd working in a lab after too many years in college. Somebody making shit up to keep us all scared. They’re not. They’re actual people. Not much different from yourself.
Your sense is incorrect. You…like me…are free to believe…whatever you want.

So blame yourself for the destruction of the climate all you want.

Megafloods Megafires Megadeforestation Megadrought Megaglaciermelt Mega Mega Mega Mega Megafearmongering…before

MEGASCIENCE…after

Christ…the human condition is a guilt ridden conceited concept. Fucking insane.

It’s outlook can be summed up best :

The Sky is Always Falling

Last edited:

h.h.

Veteran
I don’t have a belief either way as far as climate change. You seem to believe that anything attached to “mega” is nothing but hype for no other reason than linguistics. A very corrupt view of the world, perpetrated by a fictional cartoon. You have nothing else to base your belief on. While I can’t prove man influenced climate change is a fact, you can’t prove the alternative other than citing that they all must be corrupt. I at least examine the possibility. I do have greater faith in those who do the study and do the research. I don’t believe that we’re of the very few that have been dedicated to our individual professions.

The USFS has a definition for “Megafire”. It is a real word. It’s used as a benchmark. Like a megaton.

Hempy McNoodle

Your sense is incorrect. You…like me…are free to believe…whatever you want.

So blame yourself for the destruction of the climate all you want.

Megafloods Megafires Megadeforestation Megadrought Megaglaciermelt Mega Mega Mega Mega Megafearmongering…before

MEGASCIENCE…after

Christ…the human condition is a guilt ridden conceited concept. Fucking insane.

It’s outlook can be summed up best :

The Sky is Always Falling
Mega white supremes...

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
I don’t have a belief either way as far as climate change. You seem to believe that anything attached to “mega” is nothing but hype for no other reason than linguistics. A very corrupt view of the world, perpetrated by a fictional cartoon. You have nothing else to base your belief on. While I can’t prove man influenced climate change is a fact, you can’t prove the alternative other than citing that they all must be corrupt. I at least examine the possibility. I do have greater faith in those who do the study and do the research. I don’t believe that we’re of the very few that have been dedicated to our individual professions.

The USFS has a definition for “Megafire”. It is a real word. It’s used as a benchmark. Like a megaton.

No dude. No.

Now you’re spinning off further from the center.

Mega is a media word. No fire person identifies with it. You can take my word…as somebody who has done the fucking job…or whatever makes you feel better.

I know you don’t want to feel better though. I tried to cheer you up from day one…but you are not having it. Bad acid broham…bad acid. Megadosed.

Last edited:

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
"Mega isn't a real term therefore climate change is fake"
Human Caused Climate Change is hyped. You bet. Anytime they want to sensationalize. Mega.

Nobody is arguing the climate changes, dude. Back up. You’re megagettingaheadofyourself.

Last edited:

h.h.

Veteran
No dude. No.

Now you’re spinning off further from the center.

Mega is a media word. No fire person identifies with it. You can take my word…as somebody who has done the fucking job…or whatever makes you feel better.

I know you don’t want to feel better though. I tried to cheer you up from day one…but you are not having it. Bad acid broham…bad acid. Megadosed.
I doubt you’ve come across many “megafires” . They all look the same from the end of a shovel anyway. This isn’t a feel good thread. It’s about climate change. You want to speak about bad acid and how the press does you dirty. That’s fine, but realize that they’re not the same topic.

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
I doubt you’ve come across many “megafires” . They all look the same from the end of a shovel anyway. This isn’t a feel good thread. It’s about climate change. You want to speak about bad acid and how the press does you dirty. That’s fine, but realize that they’re not the same topic.

….must be a really bad day. The moon is waning along with your attitude. Bipolar? Or just manic depressive? Definitely something. Have at it. Shoot away. Pop pop pop

Press does who dirty? Whaaatttttt? Has zero to do with me.

Your affliction is not mine

Last edited:

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
39A0EA56-37C1-4C05-833F-4D9E62BCAE97.jpeg

Monsoonal Flow. Cyclic Climate Change. Megawet