What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

It's the Climate, stupid

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
What's interesting is the Overlap of Social Disintegration & Climate Change.

So the equipment that is used to keep small fires small ... went to pay somebody's rent ... or something.

Why is rent so high ? Property owners have to pay the costs of sky-high health care, among other reasons.

It will get a lot more real when there is a shortage of fuel to power the fire-fighting equipment.

Give me a holler when there is a shortage of fuel to power fire fighting apparatus.

Not happening.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In the Sierra Nevada mountains of CA, the only Bark Beetle anyone is concerned about are the Asiatic Bark Beetles. Of course, some would say that the trees are dying from airborne pollutants coming from airplanes.
Not scientists. It began in British Columbia (mostly). As usual you would rather follow what is stuck in your head rather than pursue reality.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
CA means California, not Canada, btw. I know you are not a geography major... :smoke:
Here; Look them up; All in CA duh - most native to North America

Dendroctonus brevicomis

Pseudopityophthorus pubipennis

Dendroctonus valens

Ips pini

Dendroctonus ponderosae

Xyleborus monographus

Dendroctonus jefferyi

Ips spp.

Euwallacea fornicatus and E. kuroshio

Agrilus auroguttatus

Scolytus ventralis

Agrilus planipennis

Dendroctonus pseudotsugae

Scolytus unispinosus

Ips paraconfusus

Anoplophora glabripennis

Monarthrum sp.

Hempy McNoodle

You all may very well be correct on this bark beetle thing. My source isn't necessarily reliable and I always did have some level of suspicion about some things surrounding the issue. Ultimately, I never looked very deeply into it.

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
So is gangrene. It’s just hype to sell penicillin.
You’re catching on. Megarevelations

GanGreen Industry…and their “Blockbuster” new studies that you just got triple dosed in…one single article. Well done.

The science of repetition…Don’t Look Up

BC5A6020-A397-415A-95D0-4A56C101A2A0.png

….climate change is looking favorable…here in my hell. Second week in a row…I haven’t had to water the garden. Going for a third. Bummer.

Last edited:

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bark beetles are just performing a function. Another thing demonized by the media hyped climate change crews.

Megabeetles
And mosquitos, black flies, (Moose Eater might be the only member familiar with black flies) etc. etc.

I guess in a way the bark beetles are giving the logging companies their just deserts and eventually - in a couple hundred years the original type fungal supported forests may begin returning or not; maybe a desert will be born.

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
And mosquitos, black flies, (Moose Eater might be the only member familiar with black flies) etc. etc.

I guess in a way the bark beetles are giving the logging companies their just deserts and eventually - in a couple hundred years the original type fungal supported forests may begin returning or not; maybe a desert will be born.
Maybe. But what can we do? Build everything out of plastic?

Not all the forests are mismanaged. Forest management has come a long ways. I know people want to believe different….but the reality is…they are way better managed…than they were…100 yrs ago.

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
Not much now. Watch? Hang the capitalist scum? I and others tried raising the warning 40+ years back but as usual $$ won out.
Like I said before : objectively eliminate a large portion of the human race worldwide.

Covid was in no way good enough. It just created more pollution….not enough solution

Hard questions should be ready for hard answers.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Maybe. But what can we do? Build everything out of plastic?

Not all the forests are mismanaged. Forest management has come a long ways. I know people want to believe different….but the reality is…they are way better managed…than they were…100 yrs ago.
This is true, a lot of it based on research done by acquaintances who kept pushing selective harvests, replanting with various species (besides pine) and infecting seedlings with fungal spores. The concept that community woodlots selectively harvested with small equipment, preserves forests, produces better quality lumber and provides long term employment was ignored for so many years. Now it is becoming popular in some regions.

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
The entire Human Caused Climate Change storyline is an environmental industry (because it is an industry) tool to grab headlines…push political agendas…create underlying hysteria (only in western culture)…and sell new products.

It’s a tool like the endangered Spotted Owl was a tool in the 1970’s to stop logging. Nobody really cared about the owls…per say…the environmentalist (beginning of the industry) just used them to reach an objective. To save some trees….and piss off some rednecks.

That’s exactly how this reads. Tactics…in..the typical…passive aggressive vein…standard operating procedure

Last edited:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
This is true, a lot of it based on research done by acquaintances who kept pushing selective harvests, replanting with various species (besides pine) and infecting seedlings with fungal spores. The concept that community woodlots selectively harvested with small equipment, preserves forests, produces better quality lumber and provides long term employment was ignored for so many years. Now it is becoming popular in some regions.
have a few forward thinking loggers/land owners here in the mountains doing selective logging (as well as single tree cuts for contracts from buyers) in small patches using draft horses to pull the logs out of the woods.

St. Phatty

The entire Human Caused Climate Change storyline is an environmental industry (because it is an industry) tool to grab headlines…push political agendas…create underlying hysteria (only in western culture)…and sell new products.

It’s a tool like the endangered Spotted Owl was a tool in the 1970’s to stop logging. Nobody really cared about the owls…per say…the environmentalist (beginning of the industry) just used them to reach an objective. To save some trees….and piss off some rednecks.

That’s exactly how this reads. Tactics…in..the typical…passive aggressive vein…standard operating procedure

Standard Tool of the Special Interests.

Overt Agenda's are used to mask Covert Agenda's.

And the General Public lets it be done to them, over and over and over again.

For example, the ANWR, wildlife refuge with 4 to 12 billion barrels of oil.

The oil industry doesn't care about the wildlife. They proved that with the use of Corexit at the time of the Deepwater Horizon incident.

They're just using the "Wildlife Refuge" as a cover story.

The oil in ANWR will eventually be used by the American military & American government, and other special interests.

Hopefully some of us will be around in 30 years when that goes from "back burner" to "on deck" status.

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
Standard Tool of the Special Interests.

Overt Agenda's are used to mask Covert Agenda's.

And the General Public lets it be done to them, over and over and over again.

For example, the ANWR, wildlife refuge with 4 to 12 billion barrels of oil.

The oil industry doesn't care about the wildlife. They proved that with the use of Corexit at the time of the Deepwater Horizon incident.

They're just using the "Wildlife Refuge" as a cover story.

The oil in ANWR will eventually be used by the American military & American government, and other special interests.

Hopefully some of us will be around in 30 years when that goes from "back burner" to "on deck" status.
….I like you

Latest posts

Latest posts