What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

howmany people here dont trust the vaccine or covid

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I believe it’s wrong to force people to protect themselves, if they have no desire to protect themselves.

in your opinion, does the govt have the right and/or responsibility to prevent someone from endangering others in the name of their personal freedom? is it okay to start a brushfire on your property upwind of a neighbors house during a drought? being vaccinated helps protect a lot more people than just the individual getting the vaccine.

Amynamous

in your opinion, does the govt have the right and/or responsibility to prevent someone from endangering others in the name of their personal freedom? is it okay to start a brushfire on your property upwind of a neighbors house during a drought? being vaccinated helps protect a lot more people than just the individual getting the vaccine.

From a public health perspective, i agree with what you’re saying. And SCOTUS has confirmed that opinion twice before.
But my own personal opinion is that forcing people to protect themselves(and others, by extension) via governmental proclamation when they don’t want to be protected opens up a legal can of worms that’s best avoided. Companies, such as hospitals, nursing homes and even restaurants should be able to proclaim mandates for their employees, with the result for the unvaxxed to lose their livelihood. Hospitals have been doing that for a very long time and no one has ever complained or fought it until now.
And like i mentioned earlier, the flip side of that should be the unvaxxed should have to pay their own way(cash only) for medical care, without relying on others to subsidize their poor and reckless decisions. Just my opinion.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i wish. it keeps saying something about "unable to display this function. site has been alerted" day after day...

The box where the names are typed in is off. Many of the names on mine are not even inside that box. When I add a name I type it outside the bottom of the box..

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i wish. it keeps saying something about "unable to display this function. site has been alerted" day after day...
You’re not alone the ignored function doesn’t work for me ever since we had the site upgrade despite what other people say it works for them good but it doesn’t work for everybody that’s for sure

h.h.

Veteran
lol, yer dreamin' if you think we read all (or even most) of the SC BS!

The only way to get us to read ANY of it is to keep starting 1 topic after the other attracting the same posters sayin' the same tired old stuff over and over!

.......... but keep going, the traffic is good! :tiphat:

We’re in it together then. It’s all about the traffic. I thought it was about the weed. Or so someone said.

weedobix

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed, and hence clamorous to be led to safety, by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary - H. L, Mencken.

this is quite funny

h.h.

Veteran
The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed, and hence clamorous to be led to safety, by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary - H. L, Mencken.

this is quite funny

Must be. Somebody said it. That makes them right. At least you think they are. It’s all about clicks.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
<rolls a spliff> - weed? - who said anything about weed? - c'mon now - own up -

<tokes and roll's eye's>

armedoldhippy

Veteran
From a public health perspective, i agree with what you’re saying. And SCOTUS has confirmed that opinion twice before.
But my own personal opinion is that forcing people to protect themselves(and others, by extension) via governmental proclamation when they don’t want to be protected opens up a legal can of worms that’s best avoided. Companies, such as hospitals, nursing homes and even restaurants should be able to proclaim mandates for their employees, with the result for the unvaxxed to lose their livelihood. Hospitals have been doing that for a very long time and no one has ever complained or fought it until now.
And like i mentioned earlier, the flip side of that should be the unvaxxed should have to pay their own way(cash only) for medical care, without relying on others to subsidize their poor and reckless decisions. Just my opinion.

if they themselves were the only possible victims of their inaction, i would be out there demonstrating for their right to die...but, they're not the only ones their ignorance endangers, are they? like drunk drivers; if all they ever did was slam into trees/bridge abutments & kill themselves, i'd be all for it. thinning the herd of the weakest links...👍

BudToaster

Veteran
even the EU is in the anti-vaxx category - they be saying "no more boosters" because it damages the immune system. but what do they know? they're just "them", eh?

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
if they themselves were the only possible victims of their inaction, i would be out there demonstrating for their right to die...but, they're not the only ones their ignorance endangers, are they? like drunk drivers; if all they ever did was slam into trees/bridge abutments & kill themselves, i'd be all for it. thinning the herd of the weakest links...👍

This would be true if there was solid evidence the vaccines prevent the spread. I have yet to see this. Do you know of some? I can concur somewhat if the hospitals being overwhelmed by non-vaccinated is true.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
then post up the proof....i bet everyone wants to see if they could just smoke the virus out.
not that i'm disagreeing it being antiviral, but in the camp of believing it disrupts the virus from attaching to ACE2 receptors.
i'll show you mine....

Cannabinoids Block Cellular Entry of SARS-CoV-2 and the Emerging Variants

Richard B van Breemen[SUP] 1 [/SUP], Ruth N Muchiri[SUP] 1 [/SUP], Timothy A Bates[SUP] 2 [/SUP], Jules B Weinstein[SUP] 2 [/SUP], Hans C Leier[SUP] 2 [/SUP], Scotland Farley[SUP] 2 [/SUP], Fikadu G Tafesse[SUP] 2 [/SUP]

Affiliations

Abstract

As a complement to vaccines, small-molecule therapeutic agents are needed to treat or prevent infections by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus-2 (SARS-CoV-2) and its variants, which cause COVID-19. Affinity selection-mass spectrometry was used for the discovery of botanical ligands to the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein. Cannabinoid acids from hemp (Cannabis sativa) were found to be allosteric as well as orthosteric ligands with micromolar affinity for the spike protein. In follow-up virus neutralization assays, cannabigerolic acid and cannabidiolic acid prevented infection of human epithelial cells by a pseudovirus expressing the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein and prevented entry of live SARS-CoV-2 into cells. Importantly, cannabigerolic acid and cannabidiolic acid were equally effective against the SARS-CoV-2 alpha variant B.1.1.7 and the beta variant B.1.351. Orally bioavailable and with a long history of safe human use, these cannabinoids, isolated or in hemp extracts, have the potential to prevent as well as treat infection by SARS-CoV-2.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35007072/