What's new

Hombre del Monte's garden.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Calor, pero razonable: se está guay.
Hot, but reasonable: it's cool.

This morning I have been pruning a  palmito (Chamaerops humilis; I don't know how to say it in English: fan palm, palmetto...?), because the leaves already reached almost to the ground...
View attachment 19031672
...In the afternoon, when the heat has dropped a little, I took my niece to the city (to the small capital of the comarca/region, not the capital of the province, which is not a much bigger city either), to first eat artisan ice creams, then buy her a book she wanted, and finally take her to the Municipal Auditorium to see a show for, mind you, not for kids, but for "preteens"...
Oh, cousin Del Monte; When we go around, for example to a bar, and I say -"...And give my cría(baby-kid) a juice or a smoothie,"- she looks at me seriously and scolds me: -"But  tito, I'm not a cría(baby-kid): I'm a preteen"-... I already have to say "chavala" o "señorita"...
She is 1'45 meters tall and almost 9 years old...
View attachment 19031684 View attachment 19031685 View attachment 19031686 View attachment 19031687 View attachment 19031688 View attachment 19031689 View attachment 19031690 View attachment 19031691
View attachment 19031692

9 years and she's a pre teen! Wow, how things change.

I have two surrogate granddaughters (and will have a 3rd in the next day or 2!; in fact I'm just about to go and visit them!), one is 12 and she is, in her mind at least, a teenager. The other is 3 and she's beautiful! 😍
Both are English but have lived in the village all thier lives.

Eltitoguay

This morning, Yako, who has already digested his anger over Germany's defeat and elimination in their own European Football Championship, wanted to play...
-"Come on, tito: let's play a  pachanguita... Rematch of the Quarter-final...; you're not going to touch leather, tito..."-
IMG_20240712_205922.jpg

...Ok; let's go...
Yako always enters the opponent strong and puts pressure on the opponent's possession very high, including the goalkeeper's throw-in...
Screenshot_2024_0712_212615.png
Screenshot_2024_0712_211927.png

IMG_20240712_205248.jpg

IMG_20240712_205145.jpg

...Well, that's it: in my house at least, in football, if Yako plays, Germany always wins...
-"...And if I'm losing, I eat the ball, and the game is over, heh heh...-"
IMG_20240712_202532.jpg
IMG_20240712_202530.jpg

Last edited:

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
This morning, Yako, who has already digested his anger over Germany's defeat and elimination in their own European Football Championship, wanted to play...
-"Come on, tito: let's play a  pachanguita... Rematch of the Quarter-final...; you're not going to touch leather, tito..."-
View attachment 19031868
Ok; let's go...
Yako always enters the opponent strong and puts pressure on the opponent's possession very high, including the goalkeeper's throw-in...
View attachment 19031869 View attachment 19031870
View attachment 19031878
View attachment 19031879
View attachment 19031882
...Well, that's it: in my house at least, in football, if Yako plays, Germany always wins...
View attachment 19031880 View attachment 19031881
I love it!

Many years ago in England, before the game was tidied up, the was a player called, Norman "bite's your legs" Hunter!

Yako's teeth look far more dangerous though!😂; he looks a really good boy; I'd love to meet him. Maybe one day, when with have a working car again. 😂 🤞.

!We have 32c today! I was cold getting out of my friend's pool (wind chill).

Last edited:

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
View attachment 19031868
Ok; let's go...
View attachment 19031869 View attachment 19031870
View attachment 19031878
View attachment 19031879
View attachment 19031882
View attachment 19031880 View attachment 19031881
I wouldn't want to try and tackle him, unless we were already good friends.

Many years ago, we had a German Shepard that was crossed to a Rottweiler, his head was as large as a horse's (almost😂 ).He would walk at the side of me with deer grazing only 20m away.
Back in the day, I was quite fit and would take him running several kilometres most days; he liked that. We could take him into a crowded pub and he would lie under the table. He was a good old boy!
RIP Zeus 😍

I'm thinking of taking up horse riding again after a 45yr break. A good friend has 2 horses, ¿so why not?🤔

Last edited:

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
The unicorn suits you really good hombre! 😁

So the englishman is wearing his english Londsdale Boxers in spain. ^^ Your socks looks english too. 😁 Btw, i like the little mirror on the wall! 🥰

What's going on in the garden btw, your plants coming along with the heat?

👋
My wife bought them when she was in the UK. I don't really like them; they don't sit right and I'm forever having to adjust myself!
Most of the time in the summer I don't wear them.

English socks are the Best! It is a well known fact.
I would image that your own "best socks" are actually made in England!
!And our Handkerchiefs are also of exceptional quality! You will never find a true English man without a Handkerchief! (The best ones are made from socks!).
Sadly the younger generation are now all using tissue paper. There are still several of us true Englishman left, but most of us live in Spain!.

The plants are struggling, like everybody, with the heat.
I will update, hopefully, over the next few days.

Last edited:

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
This morning I checked in on the mushroom patch and took another 83g of wet shrooms. I left the smaller ones to develop further.
I've now got a ring of wood ash around the patch (thanks cousin @el mani) and that appears to be preventing the slugs from eating them, although there is still something else taking small bites out of them. ¿Do woodlice eat mushrooms?

I also checked the new mushroom patch and was amazed to see that it too has started fruiting! I took another 113g off of there and there are as many again coming that should be ready later today or tomorrow.

Have a great Sunday folks and enjoy the football tonight. 🍄🙏

Eltitoguay

!And young Lamine Yamal, he'll be a Spanish hero forever. He has to have some of the "cojones grandes" in all of Spain!
It'll be hard for someone so young to deal with his ego I imagine.
Well, he's a kid from a poor, working-class neighborhood... I'm happy for him. Today I'm sure he's exultant, the kid... Congratulations also to you, Man of the Mountain, who are both Runner-up and European Champion 2024...
lamine-yamal-celebra-con-su-hermano-keyne-en-brazos-la-eurocopa-2024-y-el-premio-al-mejor-juga...jpg

Last edited:

Eltitoguay

Spain were absolutely brilliant again and were the deserved winners.
England were good, but not good enough (again😂).
It's only a game.😂
Of course, cousin: you well know that I was trading you the four European championships right now, in exchange for Shakespeare being born here and creating in my language...and adding a silver tea set and a pair of white female dromedaries...
(This really is an England-Spain, with its two best "players" of all time, cousins...):

Last edited:

Cannabrainer

Yesterday I had to literally almost flush my plants because they were suffering so much from the heat that they were not happy untill I saturated the substrate. Im in Cataluña. Saturday was horrible. Thank god it rained on sunday, although my plants almost cant get any water. Hopefully it wont be like this for all of us and the OP during this summer. Cheers people!

Eltitoguay

Temperatures are similar to here, Orihuela. What area are you Tito?
P
...I am in the interior, somewhere on the border between Middle Mordor and South Mordor...
1721673051320.png

...At the southernmost point of the Don Quixote Route: in the nascent mountain range where he went to take refuge from the wrath of the Holy Brotherhood, after freeing the prisoners condemned to row in the galleys of the war against the Otoman Empire...
IMG_20240708_132403.jpg

Aemet forecasts in "my Shire" for tomorrow and the day after...
Screenshot_2024_0722_194446.png

Around 44°C/111'5 °F maximum in the shade; In the sun, the thermometers show...
1721673296176.png

...So stay in the shade, cousins, because this is going to spread throughout the Spanish Caliphate...or at least, for its 3/4 parts...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts