What's new

Holy grail Mr Nice.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
If you cross a hzA male (who thank god Nevil told the world he is dead) with an Nl5 female you will have a slight difference between the various pheno in the progeny.
Now, could it be that Nevil thought his cutting was better than others? *Could it be that he said one thing and someone understood another?

*edit:i mean A5 cut.

Last edited:

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
Anyway any holy grail strain pictures please anyone ?
I was told this is Nevil Haze Holy Grail cut from SB. She is the mother of HolyHanh.
IMG_0400.jpeg
IMG_0904.jpeg

IMG_0378.jpeg

Last edited:

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You are living in an old paradigm @HEMPY.
The old Dutch model of renamed strains and secret pedigrees.
It has other benefits besides keeping the competion from selling knock-offs of your gear selected from packs they buy from you. For example, the refusal to show parent plants can come in very handy when one is lost and a new substitute has to be used to keep the line going. But in those cases, who is knocking off who?

These days, the majority of seeds sold in the US are feminized crosses of one elite cut with another.
In effect, it's practically open source breeding with readily available building blocks.
Yeah, some people have "fake cuts" or use S1's without being honest about it, but the most reputable breeders have all the elites they want.

Of course, those aren't the only seed makers on the market (thank goodness) and those particular kinds of seeds are probably much less desirable to the people reading this thread than traditional M/F seed lines done through personal selection runs to find special phenos. Those traditional breeders tend to protect their keepers just as you describe, as the secret sauce that makes their work special.
But . . . even among those groups there are people who share their personal treasure, beyond simple backups.

As an example, @yosammy has shared the elite cuts from Nev that he and the South Holland crew preserved for all those years with Dubi at ACE to use in making hybrids so that more people could have access to them. He also shared the cuts with other special people around the world for the same reasons. This includes the circle of breeders involved with Bodhi, many of whom are old friends now and share particular cuts between them. DocD, Kiona and "unnamed others."
There are plenty of other examples, but only one is needed here.

I know you are talking specifically about Shanti here when you say things like "none" or "all", but you never say that.
The problem with your posts on this (off) topic Hempy, is the "absolute" way in which you describe your perspective as applying to all seed makers everywhere. In your mind, it is the only version that can be correct, and anyone that tries to point this out to you immediately runs into the stone wall of your ego which sees them as a Shanti/Nevil hater or take the pointing out flaws in your post as a personal attack.
You completely miss the point people are trying to correct about your logic mistake and double down.

=======================
But all of this is moot to the topic of this thread which is supposed to be about Shanti's Grail, a strain which apparently has only been run by about 3 people (if you include gypsyeyes/musashi.)
=======================

I had hoped that when this thread was re-opened, more actual Grail growers might show up and share their experience.
Instead it seems to have continued to devolve down the usual path of free-wheeling bickering between the yin and yang of haze absolutists (pure vs hybrid), with a strange "Jack Herer is the BEST HAZE EVER" variation I've never seen before.
That's bad enough, but we also got the always unpopular persecution complex misunderstandings between normal-ish humans and the self-appointed defender of Nevil and Shanti's honor.
Sometimes I just wish we could find some new exciting ways to disagree, but I don't think it's gonna happen in this thread.

I'll end my post with these 2 lines:
"Epstein didn't kill himself."
"Haze C is dead."
You should be a psychoanalyst

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I wont post it because i was asked not to but in my thread i posted examples of a NH that looked like the 5HzA clone. People need to read what i post more and focus less on attacking me.

Your JH looks HzC CannaT
what reasoning would anyone have to not want a picture of a plant posted ,
this is the sort of silly stuff i found very annoying about the mr nice crew ,
the "i know but i cant tell you "
"i have proof but i cant show you"
etc etc ,, its quite childish really , i guess its supposed to create mystery and intrigue folks ,
just annoys me though ....

William76

etc etc ,, its quite childish really , i guess its supposed to create mystery and intrigue folks ,
I agree,like saying iv got the best strain but not letting any1 see it or grow it, wtf.76

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
That's the reasoning that more or less all the seedbanks did, unfortunately,not only mns....

TheDarkStorm

This one has almost no cardamom and no camphor at all.
More of that liver,leather tipe.

That NL5 x haze I grew was 100% hybrid C by description this shit is all A...
Thats the right description but JH smells like if you put in some oil leather,clay,cinamon,and bit mangoish/orangeish sweetness with sandalwood, it smells so multy layered and very old school.
True Haze esence.

So its like I tought Haze A. Thx Darkie.
You probably will find some that may share similarities to some traits from hazeA side....but across the board most plants coming out of jh are typically what hazeC was all about...the pines, the sandalwood, leather.....the skunk used in it was from very earlier generations and at that point you could could get a lot of diesel, or spice, or lethery cheese types from what nevil was putting out....the one used in Jack was probably more diesely leathery.......hazeA from the different hybrids from what ive seem dont really have the sandalwood or pine side to it...and those orangey tones dont really come from it either....ssh can start going orangey hazey when inbred...and ive seen nh when f2 with heavy hazeC phenotypes can give that orangey thing too.. its was confirmed by sensi themselves that jh is from nevils silver haze as that was jacks favourite smoke....the silver haze cutting got renamed jh and from what I can remember im sure the first batch of seeds nevil even made the seeds for sensi...after that they did it themselves...so jh is the seed version of silver haze....its the hazeC is that usually used to be referred to as the silver haze type.....anyway your plant is really really good.......hold on to it man...hhhmm I wonder if they have revived the jh line by finding a old 97nh as that what your plant reminds me of.....wouldn't surprise me...and would probably be sensible to do....anyway great plant.

TheDarkStorm

Hempy why dont you post picture of that original haze A5?
And what you think about my Jack A or C by look ?
Nevil already confirmed the picture of his a5 clone....hold im sure ive seen a picture out of the old 97nh that was very a5 leaning......and im sure the nh36 nevil selcted was the a5 leaning phenotype...with the nh21 being the more hazeC type....il see if I can find some pictures...to compare

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer

Very simple Wally so people like you dont have a real clue of what the real 5HzA looks like would be my guess.

Nevil arranges clones to be collected and sent to him the comunication ends then set clones end up in other seed company's and even in your hands and you sit here posting like you have a moral authority over what other people choose to do with there photos please.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Very simple Wally so people like you dont have a real clue of what the real 5HzA looks like would be my guess.

Nevil arranges clones to be collected and sent to him the comunication ends then set clones end up in other seed company's and even in your hands and you sit here posting like you have a moral authority over what other people choose to do with there photos please.
hahaha really??

why would it matter if i see a picture of a plant ,

im sure if nevil wanted those cuttings he would have gotten them ,
you contradict yourself , he wanted them and they werent delivered ,
but he didnt want them after toking them because they werent good enough ,
right ,, gotcha ,
usual nonsensical rubbish ive come to expect from you mns escapees ...

do i sense a hint of displeasure that myself and others got those cuttings?
isnt sharing what this is all about?
i always thought so , i know you disagree , but most of us are happy to share among fellow tokers ..

btw , where was nevil at this point , in australia??
if so , how was he going to get these cuttings , and how did he manage to get samples of the weed ?
it was pure luck we were able to get them here , i was amazed in fact ,
i doubt its common to have success with that since even seeds regularly get busted by customs ..

Last edited:

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
hahaha really??

why would it matter if i see a picture of a plant ,

im sure if nevil wanted those cuttings he would have gotten them ,
you contradict yourself , he wanted them and they werent delivered ,
but he didnt want them after toking them because they werent good enough ,
right ,, gotcha ,
usual nonsensical rubbish ive come to expect from you mns escapees ...

do i sense a hint of displeasure that myself and others got those cuttings?
isnt sharing what this is all about?
i always thought so , i know you disagree , but most of us are happy to share among fellow tokers ..

btw , where was nevil at this point , in australia??
if so , how was he going to get these cuttings , and how did he manage to get samples of the weed ?
it was pure luck we were able to get them here , i was amazed in fact ,
i doubt its common to have success with that since even seeds regularly get busted by customs ..
I've heard about it a few years back by someone else (not hempy) close to N. It's true that Nevil didn't want them anymore because (insert Hempy's answers here).

Regarding how N was going to get the cuttings?

I can't say how as I don't know what techniques they would have used but as you said "If nevil wanted those cuttings he would have gotten them".

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm curious was a tester thread ever created for Holy grail?.. There should be plenty of pics in that thread. Trying to ID from pics is pretty much guessing. If someone has real Haze A Pics and purposely is hiding them so others don't know what she looks like is just shady. A PIC is not proof IMO. There are plenty of plants that look identical from different genetics. How a plant expresses itself can change due to environmental conditions as well.

Last edited:

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
You guys should research things a little better.

Nevil posted and said the first Haze female he germinated that would not finish flowering reminded him of a Thia.

The HzA male reminded Nevil of her.

So im sure you guys can work out plants like N36 or the 5HzC dont resemble a Thai do they.
I've seen C5 throw phenos that resemble traits of A5, which would make sense given that HazeC and HazeA are siblings.

Though I have to say that it doesn't happen constantly.