What's new

Holy grail Mr Nice.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
I smoked some Jack, but not a lot ...
I belong to that generation that saw the end of Dutch weed, the boom (and the end) of that Switzerland and the birth of the Spanish phenomenon ...
But under the Swiss lamps (and not only) I saw a few sensi things, including Jack ...
The cut used by Bedrocan is not the most sativa,they used an indica dominant pheno for medical purposes (I smoked it), and it's not very successful here because it really costs a lot ....
And no, Jack (and many other hibrids) are not the good choice in my area, much better - absurdly - long flowering sativas, or sat.dominant hybrids ....
Becouss you never smoked real propper grown jack...if you would smoked it you will know.

Its weed with antidepressive qualities....a real anty depressant.
Its hard to grow right any plant, expecially sensitive sativa like jack on balcony.

I had to take some time to answer, because even if we have different ideas it's not like we have to fight ...
So I'm not responding to you in an argumentative way, but as two grown people in front of a couple of spliffs ...

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
where have i discredited any seed companies?? ...
I did it, and I would do it again without problems, (obviously i did it not only mns things,also many others too), I don't see where the problem is, indeed, it should be useful for the owner of a seedbank to know that one or more varieties are giving problems, once the problem it is solved the customers are happy.
Because some of the customers are also cannabis enthusiasts, not just "Stoned"...

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So of course to each his own ,I could care less what people like more,I grow just for me. I'm just answering to original argument.

I only grow seeds.So lines with consistency are very important to me.Ohaze is consistent in throwing good enough plants for me(and I am not easily satisfied I can tell you that).Definitely not 1 in 100 for a keeper as Shanti s haze or THH(their words).There are better lines out there,I am sure.Better pure haze lines to select a keeper for grail project,not so sure.And the touch a random male (let alone a selected one)gives to its progeny ...just impressive.

Also I have to disagree with the extremely low yield comment.

8Lcw5Gf.jpg
That’s a nice one

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
High Times might not be quite as highly respected nowadays as it once was but that writeup of Jack Herer lineage seems to be pretty much the consensus.

Supposedly Bedrocan, the product from the company of the same name, is Jack Herer.

The Bedrocan product is cannabis flowers sold in European pharmacies. A prescription is needed to buy it (and hard to get in most countries).

They also have other products with different cannabinoid profiles.. https://bedrocan.com/cannabis-products/

I still don't get why JH is AKA Bedrocan?. I looked at the site, I don't see any mentions of JH?. If they use JH genetics and renamed it to Bedrocan that's not cool IMO. I'm, not a fan of renaming genetics. I've never heard JH referred to as Bedrocan, very odd.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
I still don't get why JH is AKA Bedrocan?. I looked at the site, I don't see any mentions of JH?. If they use JH genetics and renamed it to Bedrocan that's not cool IMO. I'm, not a fan of renaming genetics. I've never heard JH referred to as Bedrocan, very odd.
I know that Bedrocan uses a JH pheno, I have read it on some site, or maybe their own, I should look for ....

William76

No,I think Ben dronkers/sensi seeds is partnered with bedrocan.i think there licensed.and it used to be the only strain u could get on prescription in dutch pharmacys (when it started)don't know if u can get others now.76

goingrey

Yeah not sure if it has been officially confirmed or if it is just rumors. But "everyone" says that's what it is. Including Ben's son Alan Dronkers from Sensi in this Skunk Magazine interview.

Obviously it would be a misrepresentation to go around calling any old JH cut Bedrocan. It is a standardized medical product from one company.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
I don't know if you can open the pdf, it says they started with amnesia and white widow, but for some reason they switched to Jack Herer ... I don't know if they mixed them or whatever ...
This is what I understand, I am not a native English speaker ...

goingrey

I don't know if you can open the pdf, it says they started with amnesia and white widow, but for some reason they switched to Jack Herer ... I don't know if they mixed them or whatever ...
This is what I understand, I am not a native English speaker ...
Yes the pdf works fine, thanks.

They don't really say that Bedrocan is Jack. What they say is:

Bedrocan was originally developed from a Jack Herer genetic background, which supposedly is a slightly Sativa dominant hybrid. [27]

So it could well also be something like the Mother's Finest @Raco mentioned...

Or something totally different altogether. This reference 27 they cite seems to be the Sensi Seeds website landing page, www.sensiseeds.com... LOL.

Amnesia and White Widow were just some flowers they sourced from coffeeshops to have a comparison point. They say Bedrocan is closer to Amnesia than White Widow.

troutman

Seed Whore
Anyone try Safer's Sulphur Dust Fungicide and Miticide?
I have a container and never used any yet.

It says:

Controls powdery mildew, rust, black spot, scab, and mites on vegetables, fruit, and flowers. Sulphur dust can be dusted directly onto plants or mixed with water to spray onto plants.
  • Active Ingredient: Sulphur 92%
  • Controls powdery mildew, rust, black spot, scab, and mites
  • Can be used on vegetables, fruit, and flowers
  • May be used up to 1 day before harvest

Last edited:

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran

It says:

Controls powdery mildew, rust, black spot, scab, and mites on vegetables, fruit, and flowers. Sulphur dust can be dusted directly onto plants or mixed with water to spray onto plants.
If you’re gonna get into sprays you should try “lost coast plant therapy”

Chi13

ICMag Donor
In our medical scene almost everything is renamed. You can easily find the original cultivar.
Ive been told it is to give a more medical brand. For an extreme example you cant call a medicine available from a chemist something like Alaskan thunderfuck, or zombie death fuck

Although I agree it is bad renaming, I can see why its done.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

It says:

Sulfur is prob one of the most used to control mold. I used Sulfur for a long time in my veg room.. I wouldn't use it on plants that are far into flower. Keep in mind that when sulfur is heated above 113c it becomes Sulfur dioxide.

Sulfur dioxide causes a range of harmful effects on the lungs, as the EPA's most recent review of the science concluded: Wheezing, shortness of breath and chest tightness, and other problems.

@Chi13 very true. IMO most are using the name to make $$$$. Doing it serves no purpose IMO. I always check as well as I can to see if any names are used.. Others don't care. It makes it confusing which genetics people are talking about. When I picked Firestorm no one was using it. There are now at least 2 others. I don't like using names anymore. Project #'s are used now.

Last edited:

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Yeah not sure if it has been officially confirmed or if it is just rumors. But "everyone" says that's what it is. Including Ben's son Alan Dronkers from Sensi in this Skunk Magazine interview.

Obviously it would be a misrepresentation to go around calling any old JH cut Bedrocan. It is a standardized medical product from one company.
There was Interview with head of Badrocan in Dutch newspappers.
And he said that they use pheno B of Jack Herer.
For Bedrocan.