What's new

Green Mountain Seeds distribution agreement with ACE Seeds

vermontman

Hey Vermontman, just thought I'd let you know how my Mountain Gold grew in BC, at 50 degrees North. Luckily we had no killing frost until October 25 in my area. The mountain gold flowered in mid August and I harvested on October 23rd. She produced buds that smell like lemon cleaner, very nice citrus and some other herbal aromas, The high is superb! Although not as strong as my United Nations: {(Purple Satelite x Zamadelica) X (Golden Tiger x Sinai)} the clarity is standout, just like great sativas are supposed to be. I will defintely grow again. The United Nations had some purple colouration from your Purple Satelite no doubt, and has an intense care-free relaxed but clear high. I think it would be great med weed in the best possible way. Thank you for your kind words and encouraged last year. the first two are Mountain Golden, the rest are United Nations.
Hello @Zembretti and @Highboy71!
Thank you for your terrific contribution to this thread and keeping it possible for me to keep doing what I have loved to do for decades, to grow my very best and favorite cannabis varieties. mostly by your contribution through your grows and posts, to mostly keep me motivated to simply just keep going! Hugs to you guys and THANK YOU!
Seriously VM

spoores

Gmg reg seeds goes to flower , very nice
4 favorites for seeds what im looking at them now, but will see 😃
Wormhumus guano airy soil with basefeeding (cca universal ratio 1:1:1 + micro) and biotabs startrex bacterias
Grow fert has 10-4-6, its almost exactly that good ratio 3:1:2 + micro + humic fulvic ...
Ec 1 ph 6.5
140w led qboard type fullspec (1/3 diodsareat 5000k). After they show sex , repot of course

two seedslookslike indica, one bit weird leaves, on the right side of tent
20231125_085852.jpg
20231125_092758.jpg
20231125_093000.jpg
20231125_093226.jpg
20231125_090111.jpg

Last edited:

mr.pistil

Hello @EnjoyingLife!
You are most welcome. Though outcrossing has its advantages also. Say you have an IBL {in bred line} that is beginning to bottle neck, becoming less vigourous. If you take another very stable IBL or Landrace that is very stable and very close in character to the line you are trying to revive you simply take your best female of the original line and cross it to desired male of other strain then takes males from that F1 line of seeds and cross it back to females of your original line three times and you will should be back to installing vigor in the original line without really any change to it"s character. that is called cubing.
VM, I reversed a clone only cultivar (Lemon Paki- brought back as a clone from the Middle East by a soldier - genetics unknown) that I picked up a few years back as it was running out of steam. Seeds were viable and those growing them out are seeing different phenos, which one would expect. I'm just finishing up a pheno hunt from these S1 seeds and have identified some very distinct phenos among them. I'm about ready to pull the trigger on reversing a branch or two from each of the four finalists and doing an open pollination. Other than creating the S1s I have no experience breeding etc. I plan on using the following for the project.

"How To Preserve Landraces With Controlled Open-Pollination - from Khalifa Genetics
An open-pollination is, as the name suggests, letting male plants freely pollinate female plants through naturally occurring means. Usually, in the cannabis world, breeders only use one male to pollinate a female plant. In order to preserve landraces, it’s important to use a large number of male plants so as to preserve genetic diversity. If we only use a small number of plants, the gene pool becomes narrower and narrower with each generation. Although it would make the strain more genetically stable, we would lose some of that precious genetic diversity. The more plants a grower uses for the open-pollination the more the genetic diversity of a strain can be preserved.

I was wondering if there is anyway to "cube" S1s as you described? If it's even possible... And, if you have any thoughts on my planned method or would care to suggest another, I would appreciate it. Thx.

vermontman

Gmg reg seeds goes to flower , very nice
4 favorites for seeds what im looking at them now, but will see 😃
Wormhumus guano airy soil with basefeeding (cca universal ratio 1:1:1 + micro) and biotabs startrex bacterias
Grow fert has 10-4-6, its almost exactly that good ratio 3:1:2 + micro + humic fulvic ...
Ec 1 ph 6.5
140w led qboard type fullspec (1/3 diodsareat 5000k). After they show sex , repot of course

two seedslookslike indica, one bit weird leaves, on the right side of tent
View attachment 18923124 View attachment 18923125 View attachment 18923126 View attachment 18923127 View attachment 18923138
Wonderful job @spoores!
Your grow looks super clean! I just got done doing a triple spray of Flying Skull Nukem for broad mites just 10 days into flower. It is supposed to be organic, I hope so because I wore a lot of it!! HAHA. This is only the second time in decades to get broad mites. But the handy little hand held microscope showed them up. Bastards!!!
Thank you for sharing your babies!

vermontman

VM, I reversed a clone only cultivar (Lemon Paki- brought back as a clone from the Middle East by a soldier - genetics unknown) that I picked up a few years back as it was running out of steam. Seeds were viable and those growing them out are seeing different phenos, which one would expect. I'm just finishing up a pheno hunt from these S1 seeds and have identified some very distinct phenos among them. I'm about ready to pull the trigger on reversing a branch or two from each of the four finalists and doing an open pollination. Other than creating the S1s I have no experience breeding etc. I plan on using the following for the project.

"How To Preserve Landraces With Controlled Open-Pollination - from Khalifa Genetics
An open-pollination is, as the name suggests, letting male plants freely pollinate female plants through naturally occurring means. Usually, in the cannabis world, breeders only use one male to pollinate a female plant. In order to preserve landraces, it’s important to use a large number of male plants so as to preserve genetic diversity. If we only use a small number of plants, the gene pool becomes narrower and narrower with each generation. Although it would make the strain more genetically stable, we would lose some of that precious genetic diversity. The more plants a grower uses for the open-pollination the more the genetic diversity of a strain can be preserved.

I was wondering if there is anyway to "cube" S1s as you described? If it's even possible... And, if you have any thoughts on my planned method or would care to suggest another, I would appreciate it. Thx.
Well I would first ask yourself was the original plant most desirable? And then if that plant which is the unknown came from a stable population. And what are you trying to capture?
The original plants qualities? If so I would select from her F1s and line breed, but the quandary for me is working with feminized seed. I know many disagree, but after doing runs with my own fem seed, I got a bit more stability in the plants because I selfed the female Grape clone. Don't get me wrong the the fem plants were wonderful but the Grape from regular seed offered a percentage of more outstanding ladies. I think your best bet would be to find another pack of regular lemon Paki seed and cross those males back to your favorite original or favorite S1 or I say F1. then backcross three times. Just my opinion and remember you can load up a plant with enough seed to last you years so you don't have run into the bottle neck for a very long time. This is all just my opinion but I hope it made sense and mostly hope that this is helpful.

Last edited:

Birmaan

Hello @Birmaan!
Looks like your off to the races! Beautiful looking ladies you have growing on there! Are you getting any fragrance?
Thank you so much for posting!!
Hey hey thx ;)

Little Update from the Zacatecas Tribute, flowering day 29

#2 smells sweet, slightly fruity and slightly spicy and surprisingly with a Haze finish.
20231125_140252.jpg

20231125_140401.jpg

#4 Sweet fruits are dominant here but also spicy and fresh. Delicious
20231125_140642.jpg

20231125_140704.jpg

20231125_140710.jpg

And #5 goes in the citrus direction, spicy, hashy, very intense and also a freshness that is slightly reminiscent of diesel varieties. Yummy
20231125_140455.jpg

20231125_140519.jpg

All are extremely resinous and as you can see beautiful plants, what a successful cross Mr.. :biggrin: 🙌 😁 :dance013:

spoores

Wonderful job @spoores!
Your grow looks super clean! I just got done doing a triple spray of Flying Skull Nukem for broad mites just 10 days into flower. It is supposed to be organic, I hope so because I wore a lot of it!! HAHA. This is only the second time in decades to get broad mites. But the handy little hand held microscope showed them up. Bastards!!!
Thank you for sharing your babies!
Yes its never ending story
I buyed actually. .. calibrating things for ec and ph meters and a cannacure for sure , those bastatds from house plants pche , now at lowered price, those growshops have always something 😃
definitelly its outdoor guerilla ideal, low maintenance plants
Most of the time,power of light , cca 200-350ppfd , thats not so much, and they are pretty compact and happy ,)

Birmaan
looks already very good

Last edited:

exoticrobotic

Hey hey thx ;)

#2 smells sweet, slightly fruity and slightly spicy and surprisingly with a Haze finish.
View attachment 18923449
View attachment 18923450

View attachment 18923453
View attachment 18923454
View attachment 18923455

And #5 goes in the citrus direction, spicy, hashy, very intense and also a freshness that is slightly reminiscent of diesel varieties. Yummy
View attachment 18923451
View attachment 18923452

All are extremely resinous and as you can see beautiful plants, what a successful cross Mr.. :biggrin: 🙌 😁 :dance013:

Amazing looking with the resin and narrow leaves.

I like how you organise your nutes :tiphat:

mr.pistil

Well I would first ask yourself was the original plant most desirable? And then if that plant which is the unknown came from a stable population. And what are you trying to capture?
The original plants qualities? If so I would select from her F1s and line breed, but the quandary for me is working with feminized seed. I know many disagree, but after doing runs with my own fem seed, I got a bit more stability in the plants because I selfed the female Grape clone. Don't get me wrong the the fem plants were wonderful but the Grape from regular seed offered a percentage of more outstanding ladies. I think your best bet would be to find another pack of regular lemon Paki seed and cross those males back to your favorite original or favorite S1 or I say F1. then backcross three times. Just my opinion and remember you can load up a plant with enough seed to last you years so you don't have run into the bottle neck for a very long time. This is all just my opinion but I hope it made sense and mostly hope that this is helpful.
Yes, it would be nice to find a pack of Regular LP seeds and use the males, etc., but how does one track down the seeds and/or parents of a clone that was smuggled from the Middle East by some random soldier over 15 or more years ago? (Rhetorical question :)) As I said, we know nothing of its parentage, though one could surmise there is some Pakistani genes, ie "Paki" and perhaps some Lemon "Thai" as there is a mild Sativa effect, but that's just a guess. We all know how some strains get named....

Yes, the original plant was most desirable. Yes, the original plant's qualities are what I'm looking for. Without regular seeds and with the S1's throwing multiple phenos the goal has been to find one as close to the original as possible and reverse it. I had one plant that reminded me ie looked, smelled, etc. of the original, but it had small, spongy buds. A second pheno had the heavy side production of chunky rock-hard buds of the original. My thinking was to do an open pollination as mentioned to find a pheno with a combination of the two traits which would be closer to the original. If there's a better way to do this I'm all ears. Thanks.

vermontman

Hey hey thx ;)

View attachment 18923449
View attachment 18923450

View attachment 18923453
View attachment 18923454
View attachment 18923455

View attachment 18923451
View attachment 18923452

Firstly Thank you @Birmaan!
But Maaan!
Looks like #4 is the winner but wait!!! #5 looks terrific also!
But anyway wow on your grow! Loving the frost even on the fan leaves! So please keep us up to date and let us know your favorite! And I realize that will be when you pull you first tug off a joint or a bong or a vape or any other method of your sampling choice! Please please keep us in the loop!
CHEERS!!!

vermontman

Yes its never ending story
I buyed actually. .. calibrating things for ec and ph meters and a cannacure for sure , those bastatds from house plants pche , now at lowered price, those growshops have always something 😃
definitelly its outdoor guerilla ideal, low maintenance plants
Most of the time,power of light , cca 200-350ppfd , thats not so much, and they are pretty compact and happy ,)

Birmaan
looks already very good
I must agree, how couldn't I???
Please keep on sharing!
CHEERS!

Lotto

Another M. Gold from Vman's seed. 3 months old, 40 days from first pistil and has been on water only. The heavily amended (worm&rabbit poop) soil is spent and the plant is asking for food. Such an easy to grow cross. Smells are slightly ripe pineapple. Again showing some slight purple and are just starting to flower hard.
20231126_143109.jpg
20231126_143212.jpg
20231126_143401.jpg

Attachments

• 20231126_143401.jpg
    20231126_143401.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 50

RobFromTX

Another M. Gold from Vman's seed. 3 months old, 40 days from first pistil and has been on water only. The heavily amended (worm&rabbit poop) soil is spent and the plant is asking for food. Such an easy to grow cross. Smells are slightly ripe pineapple. Again showing some slight purple and are just starting to flower hard. View attachment 18923995 View attachment 18923996 View attachment 18923998

Crazy how different yours is turning out than mine. Not a hint of purple in the ones i grew but the taste and high were spectacular. Beautiful plants (y)

vermontman

Another M. Gold from Vman's seed. 3 months old, 40 days from first pistil and has been on water only. The heavily amended (worm&rabbit poop) soil is spent and the plant is asking for food. Such an easy to grow cross. Smells are slightly ripe pineapple. Again showing some slight purple and are just starting to flower hard. View attachment 18923995 View attachment 18923996 View attachment 18923998
Hello @Lotto!
I never heard of a pineapple expression off Zacatecas! BUT!
It just could be your culture, especially your feeding program. But have to say as I have to many growers on here awesome on you!
Great work! would love any more updates and a smoke report would be terrific when the time comes, holding on patiently!
Thank you for sharing!!

RobFromTX

Hello @RobFromTX !
Really great to see you here again. Hope all is terrific with you.
just curious? Your next grow project?

Greetings VTman! My next grow will start in a week. I was growing out some honduras and new caledonia from ace when i got a spidermite invasion and had to scrap them. I have some more honduras seeds to pop but i also have a 10 pack of chang mai thai as well...and to be honest.....ive always wanted to try thai weed, despite the trouble involved growing it. Fingers crossed things go well this time around. Good hearing from you brother ✌️

vermontman

My Mountain Gold had a touch of purple, but that may have been from the cold temps up here in Canada.
Hello @Zembretti!
You would be 100% correct the cold would bring out the purple pigments, also growing under blurple LED can turn the pigments purple. I think under the LED though it is the IR that makes this happen. Last year I ran extra IR an d extra UV and everything in my room turned very purple with Oaxacan Gold green line though it seemed to be restricted to just the leaves but even the tiniest bud leaves were pigmented. And That Oaxacan is the mother to your Mountain Gold seed.
Thank you for sharing!

vermontman

Greetings VTman! My next grow will start in a week. I was growing out some honduras and new caledonia from ace when i got a spidermite invasion and had to scrap them. I have some more honduras seeds to pop but i also have a 10 pack of chang mai thai as well...and to be honest.....ive always wanted to try thai weed, despite the trouble involved growing it. Fingers crossed things go well this time around. Good hearing from you brother ✌️
Hey Rob!
That sounds terrific! I would love to see how you your strains work out for you. One simple solution for spider mites is Murphy's oil soap and water/ Works like a charm depending how early in your grow you catch them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts