What's new

Green Mountain Seeds distribution agreement with ACE Seeds

Birmaan

Hello @Birmaan!
WAY TO GROW!!
I am currently living vicariously through you!
I got whacked with broads mites! UUUGGGHHHH! And my Zacatecas cuts got it first! So scrubbing that grow. So nice to see you powering on!
CHEERS!
Thanks buddy, Ou man my condolences, fucking critters, kill them all. Haha here I discovered the stupid mold fairy today, Zaca heads rolling... Very, very sad, very compact headbuds, luckily there are still the mothers save, so second round is coming soon ^^ homegrow the eternal struggle with the environmental conditions. Of glorious victories and miserable defeats, but it goes on and on.
:dance013: 😅 :biggrin:

vermontman

Three years ago I grew Purple satelite here at 50 north in British Columbia at 600m elevation. Mine finished easily by the end of September.
Helle @Zembretti
Thank you for chiming in!
That's what I would have thought would happen even at 50N
So I think again it really depends on your conditions? Kind of light exposure, how late the girls went out, and also being a bit pot bound can really speed them up.

vermontman

Thanks buddy, Ou man my condolences, fucking critters, kill them all. Haha here I discovered the stupid mold fairy today, Zaca heads rolling... Very, very sad, very compact headbuds, luckily there are still the mothers save, so second round is coming soon ^^ homegrow the eternal struggle with the environmental conditions. Of glorious victories and miserable defeats, but it goes on and on.
:dance013: 😅 :biggrin:
Hello @Birmaan!
Thank you buddy!
You truly have that right! its a constant with keeping these ladies happy, but it's part of growing anything in culture, indoors or out!
Fortunately even though I scrapped the most of plants two weeks into flower. I still have the mothers and everything is getting sprayed every other day with Nukem a natural based pest/fungicide It seems to be working pretty well so far.

420empire

Veteran
Holy fuck birmann big kudos, so much I would not hesitate to say it should be the photo(s) of the year. Really nice pics and great skillede grower u are!
And not to forget hats off to GMS, luv you genetics brotha <3

Zembretti

How'd you like it?
Here is a copy of my smoke report from Sept 28, 2021:

357 F. Volcano vapour reports:

Two nights ago I tried the very sticky Purple Satellite bud, a cross of Baglung Himalayan and Mexican Oaxacan '79, it immediately gave me this warm feeling from temple to temple like the after-glow from good sex; it's a clear high (my favourite type) and I felt a real lift in my mood, with lots of peace, happiness, contentment and positive energy, kind of a gem of a high. One other unusual thing about this bud is I found an immature green seed that was huge! It was easily twice the size of a regular pot seed. I think that is a trait of Himalayan weed - one of its parents. My own Himalayan Kuamoni seeds (unrelated) are that big too, in fact they're the biggest seeds I've ever seen, so maybe some recessive Himalayan gene showed up in the Purple Satellite cross I made three weeks ago with the Zamaldelica.

1702223202828.png

1702223233840.png

I forgot to mention the aroma was like Grape Koolaid mixed with sage, really yummy and fruity.

Last edited:

jroadytoady

2024 gonna be a Green Mountain summer here in the Adirondack Mountains - I can legally have 6 female plants in my backyard so I'm kinda tempted to see how big I can go :) ... only thing is the neighbors have lights that might interfere if over 6' ... but then again, I'll be lining the fence with corn and mammoth sunflowers (both up to 14') so that may cut down on the light pollution. Didn't affect last summers grow although they were 15' further away from light source.

On my second read-through of this thread and I'm absolutely stoked to give @vermontman genetics a go (and a cross between Mountain Gold x Satori aka 'Superlicious')

Of course, I'll be collecting pollen from the guys I get and pollinating a few branches of each :cool:

20231211_093241.jpg

vermontman

Holy fuck birmann big kudos, so much I would not hesitate to say it should be the photo(s) of the year. Really nice pics and great skillede grower u are!
And not to forget hats off to GMS, luv you genetics brotha <3
I have to agree with @420empire.
Great grow and stellar pictures. And thank you also for your kind words.

And to @Zembretti!
Also Terrific greenhouse grow and nice description on the Purple Satellite high.

And cheers to @jroadytoady!
Looking forward to seeing your up and coming grow season.
Thank you all for posting looking forward to all your posts.
Thank You all for your contributions.

sgka

Veteran
Everyone moving along. Flushed the GMG and the leaf curl fixed itself. Day 24 flower. Most of these are very uniform in structure (barring the odd Panama x Malawi that are dwarf this time) except MG1, which is stretching like crazy.

@vermontman have you identified specific pheno classes in these? Like 25% lean to X and 75% to Y?
IMG_6312.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6313.jpeg
    IMG_6313.jpeg
    5.7 MB · Views: 49

vermontman

Everyone moving along. Flushed the GMG and the leaf curl fixed itself. Day 24 flower. Most of these are very uniform in structure (barring the odd Panama x Malawi that are dwarf this time) except MG1, which is stretching like crazy.

@vermontman have you identified specific pheno classes in these? Like 25% lean to X and 75% to Y?
View attachment 18932895
Hey @sgka!
Honestly with the more primary hybrids with my Oaxacan Gold. like Mountain Gold {Oax X HA}, Zaatecas Tribute {Oax BSHW} and Purple Satellite {Oax X Nepali Sativa} it seems to be right down the middle. With Green Mountain Grape there seems to be a little lean in plant form plant height and leaflet finger width and slight difference in outdoor finish time. You may obviously get a little more stretch on the Mountain Gold like you are expressing, but that also could be coming from either parent but I would suspect the Hawaiian Sativa. Not sure if that's much help? But any way maybe you can tell us as more your beautiful garden comes along to finish?
CHEERS!

sgka

Veteran
Hey @sgka!
Honestly with the more primary hybrids with my Oaxacan Gold. like Mountain Gold {Oax X HA}, Zaatecas Tribute {Oax BSHW} and Purple Satellite {Oax X Nepali Sativa} it seems to be right down the middle. With Green Mountain Grape there seems to be a little lean in plant form plant height and leaflet finger width and slight difference in outdoor finish time. You may obviously get a little more stretch on the Mountain Gold like you are expressing, but that also could be coming from either parent but I would suspect the Hawaiian Sativa. Not sure if that's much help? But any way maybe you can tell us as more your beautiful garden comes along to finish?
CHEERS!
Absolutely will do.

Normally I remove all internodal branches up to week 4, however on this round I am being a little more lenient. I didn't veg these at all, just straight into flower right from hitting the soil. Amazing the size differences.

That being said, the GMG and some of the other strains in here I have removed very little on account of the low amount of stretch. I love the single cola structures for airflow and trimming. (I actually let my other tent veg for a week and it's a total jungle!)

With the MG#1 (extreme stretching) I removed internodal branches on half of the plants up to the 3rd nodes and the other half up to the 4th nodes. Curious to see what difference it will make. So far it has not influenced stretch, and the internodal branches have not grown out to an unacceptable size (yet!)

Last edited:

vermontman

Absolutely will do.

Normally I remove all internodal branches up to week 4, however on this round I am being a little more lenient. I didn't veg these at all, just straight into flower right from hitting the soil. Amazing the size differences.

That being said, the GMG and some of the other strains in here I have removed very little on account of the low amount of stretch. I love the single cola structures for airflow and trimming. (I actually let my other tent veg for a week and it's a total jungle!)

With the MG#1 (extreme stretching) I removed internodal branches on half of the plants up to the 3rd nodes and the other half up to the 4th nodes. Curious to see what difference it will make. So far it has not influenced stretch, and the internodal branches have not grown out to an unacceptable size (yet!)
Awesome info there! As I cannot grow out every seed I produce so great to see and hear from others. That being said. I suspect the very stretchy Mountain Gold may have some of the most uplifting Sativa effect people are looking for when they grow pure sativa, just a guess.
Looking forward to your read!!!

vermontman

Also just wanted to add, for those that haven't grown the green mountain grape, the Welch's grape, or jolly rancher grape smell is undeniably there. Not every female I have is as identifiable, but female #9 is straight up grape factory
Again love the input!
Ironically from what I just pulled up on the Jolly Ranchers strain being 75% Indica. It seems I came to to the same means in the terpene/flavonoid dept, so to speak, In my creating the Green Mountain Grape strain from an almost pure Sativa direction. HAHA. My GMG is about 80%+ Sativa. Any expression of slightly wider leaves as to total NLD varieties is mostly from the Nepali Baglung Sativa. Which is an adaptation after many years of Nepali Sativa coming from such high altitudes and again adapting after many generations to such high latitudes, the slightly wider leaf structure especially during early growth would be part of the adaptation to capture as much light as possible. I would be keen to know the how much different the high would be from each.
Thank you so much for you sharing your perspective.
CHEERS!

vermontman

MULANJE GOLD
Second pic select clone B. After generations of selection she looks more wide leaf but she is still sativa electric! she hasn't hermed indoors or out, and she smells delicious!
And first pic trials of Kilimanjaro seed right from Africa!
4 plants, all with lower branches knocked up with seed and growing outdoors in sub tropical sun. I am intrigued with this Kilimanjaro only one herm girl out of 4.
Hope all are great out there!!!

127_2664.JPG

127_2662.JPG

Last edited:

sgka

Veteran
Again love the input!
Ironically from what I just pulled up on the Jolly Ranchers strain being 75% Indica. It seems I came to to the same means in the terpene/flavonoid dept, so to speak, In my creating the Green Mountain Grape strain from an almost pure Sativa direction. HAHA. My GMG is about 80%+ Sativa. Any expression of slightly wider leaves as to total NLD varieties is mostly from the Nepali Baglung Sativa. Which is an adaptation after many years of Nepali Sativa coming from such high altitudes and again adapting after many generations to such high latitudes, the slightly wider leaf structure especially during early growth would be part of the adaptation to capture as much light as possible. I would be keen to know the how much different the high would be from each.
Thank you so much for you sharing your perspective.
CHEERS!
Noted @vermontman. I unfortunately am not a great Guinea pig for smoke reports, as I'm super sensitive. My wife and mother are however; and will happily report on these as they come through. I will be more than willing to report phenotypic expressions however, and will continue to do so through this and the following grows. These ones are under 2 marks hydro TSL2000s. I have a larger spred light in my other tent that will wrap up in January, i plan to run a more uniform distribution of cuttings when these finish up. Until then!

Neiko

Now that my Mountain Gold harvest is complete and the buds have cured for a bit I wanted to give you some feedback. First of all this plant was fun to grow. It was a monster for a 4x4 tent. It dwarfed everything else in the tent. She went 70 days from flip on 11/13 light schedule. The final harvested weight was 11 oz. which was a personal record for my growing method. She had an incredible bubblegum smell that added a strawberry touch at the end of flowering. That profile has carried over quite well to the smoked flower. It's just delicious! This is one of the best sativas I've smoked. It just enhances everything. It is great for doing chores around the house. The missus says it's a great aphrodisiac (winner winner!). I've given out samples to several people and it's all been great feedback. One person says he loves to take a few hits and hit the gym. He's had some of his best workouts on it. He came back wanting more. Another guy kinda summed it up best, he said the smell and taste are 1st class and the high just adapts to whatever you are doing. It's quite a unique strain. I wish I would've kept it but I just don't have the room to hold onto a bunch of plants. I will be growing this gem again though. I currently have a couple green mountain grape seedlings up hoping for a female. I've tried twice before but so far I'm 4 out of 4 males on that one. Keep up the good work @vermontman

vermontman

Noted @vermontman. I unfortunately am not a great Guinea pig for smoke reports, as I'm super sensitive. My wife and mother are however; and will happily report on these as they come through. I will be more than willing to report phenotypic expressions however, and will continue to do so through this and the following grows. These ones are under 2 marks hydro TSL2000s. I have a larger spred light in my other tent that will wrap up in January, i plan to run a more uniform distribution of cuttings when these finish up. Until then!
That is cool!
I mostly rely on others smoke reports with my understanding of them, that they are keen on upbeat old school but great cannabis strains. I love when someone says to me that this reminded me of the first time they got really high, not just stoned. And they have been around and smoked many a great strain from the late sixties to today, to me is gold! HAHA
Anything you supply in your grow experience is Knowledge to be shared so that we all can grow, and keep the magic alive!
I so look forward to your venture into growing my strains and your outcome along with your loved ones opinions.
Cheers!

Last edited:

vermontman

Now that my Mountain Gold harvest is complete and the buds have cured for a bit I wanted to give you some feedback. First of all this plant was fun to grow. It was a monster for a 4x4 tent. It dwarfed everything else in the tent. She went 70 days from flip on 11/13 light schedule. The final harvested weight was 11 oz. which was a personal record for my growing method. She had an incredible bubblegum smell that added a strawberry touch at the end of flowering. That profile has carried over quite well to the smoked flower. It's just delicious! This is one of the best sativas I've smoked. It just enhances everything. It is great for doing chores around the house. The missus says it's a great aphrodisiac (winner winner!). I've given out samples to several people and it's all been great feedback. One person says he loves to take a few hits and hit the gym. He's had some of his best workouts on it. He came back wanting more. Another guy kinda summed it up best, he said the smell and taste are 1st class and the high just adapts to whatever you are doing. It's quite a unique strain. I wish I would've kept it but I just don't have the room to hold onto a bunch of plants. I will be growing this gem again though. I currently have a couple green mountain grape seedlings up hoping for a female. I've tried twice before but so far I'm 4 out of 4 males on that one. Keep up the good work @vermontman
DAAAMNN @Neiko!
Thank you for your kind words and putting in the effort to grow my strains out to their fullest fruition! Because it takes two! Not to mention your terrific assessment of my life's work! I cannot take credit to Federations Hawaiian Sativa side of Mountain Gold, which in my opinion deserves all the credit one could give. Imagine going to Hawaii on vacation, meeting some surfer dude on the beach from Kona, bringing home an amazing tropical Sativa all the way north to B.C. And selecting out the best selections that would grow under lights and still retain it's sun drenched glory through generations of selection and still hold it's unique old school high sativa quality and then offering back to the public! That treasure which can be grown outside it's realm of perfection of HA sunshine and still be awesome! By the way I flew all the way to Vancouver in the Eighties just to secure the only two last packs of Federation Ha Sativa I could find, in a place the sun don't shine boarding the plane! HAHA That's another whole story!
Many magnificent strains from the day have come out of HA. And growing them outside their paradise home just don't measure up even Hawaiian strains grown right just across the water in California! Just did not measure up to their Hawaiian counterparts. That being said California has always produced their own terrific cannabis! For me Hawaiian sativa was the perfect mate to my Oaxacan Gold. So when you and others so thoughtfully write upbeat opinions about my work, I am elated and it keeps me driven, so
THANK YOU!

Last edited:

vermontman

Just wanted to say Merry Christmas all!
Tomorrow were having a seafood feast with our neighbors and tonight we broke out the flash light to harvest our red claw crayfish out of our pool pond. To contribute to our feed.
Crayfish in a lemon butter garlic scampi sauce.
Post harvest pics!
CHEERS ALL!

127_2685.JPG
127_2688.JPG
127_2689.JPG
127_2676.JPG
127_2689.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts