What's new

Green Mountain Seeds distribution agreement with ACE Seeds

Buddler

Veteran
Alil update on my GMG . Shes loading up the colas now. 49 th here and looking for an oct finish.. Great plant VM :tiphat:
DSC_2318.JPG
DSC_2217.JPG
DSC_2317.JPG

mr.pistil

Hello @Greencedar!
Thank you for posting!
Awesome I love hearing the success stories but also important to here the no so, it just makes it better for everyone to judge how to make there grows go correct. By the way! Awesome purple pistils! As I like to be transparent and give as much cultural info as possible for all to succeed.
Just a rip on my very early Green Mountain Grape Fems, only three out of ten, though very very early, seem to lack the luster of the very early Green Mountain Grape that came from the regular seed stock. Though some really special plants are coming from the feminized seed line, I am starting to feel there is a bit of superiority from the regular seed. That being said they are both great, I think there needs to be more trials.
That being said right now I think regular seed rocks! I recently saw a letter from a dispensary grower/sales saying their Feminized clones do not hold up as their regular seed clones which I find extremely interesting.
I have alaways thrived to set out to produce the most unique and the best.
VM, this isn't exactly the same, but supports the theory. @Neiko and I have been growing a clone (Lemon Paki) for some time - 5years for me, more for Neiko. - that we received from a So. Cali grower who had had it himself for some time. We both noticed that the line was weakening after repeated cloning. I know there is debate about how long a plant can be cloned and we wanted to keep it fresh so I set about to reverse it. I was successful as you will see in the attached pic. Made a bunch of seeds (S1s) and have found the seeds and resulting plants are much more vigorous. Neiko told me his plants are reminding him of the very first clone he received. I just started a pheno hunt with these S1s and had a 100% germ. rate: 24/24.

I'm three weeks in to the hunt and am noticing a lot of variation in the plants as one would expect with S1s. This is my first attempt at selecting "a" keeper and I'm already seeing I may have to do this (hunt) a few more times.

BTW - there is limited knowledge of the origins/parentage of the Lemon Paki strain. I suspect it's a cross of a Lemon Thai and a Pakistan (Kush?). If you or anyone has any knowledge of this strain I'd appreciate hearing about it.

LP %22male%22.jpeg

vermontman

Vman
You're always willing to help with advice and suggestions and sharing your insight. Now to top it off, you are ramming your own seed stock. Transparency is your middle name and we all appreciate it.
On the topic of fem seed lacking in vigor compared to regular seed. Although it might be strain dependent, I've seen the same thing. Something about allowing mother nature to do her thing without human interference says alot.
Hey @Lotto!
Man that is one hell of a compliment, WOW!
I just want to grow the best cannabis I can and seeing others enjoy my stains is paramount, but that was really heart felt.
Thank you!
I have been breeding cannabis for 48 years? And you know I am still learning even my own strains, I have carried can become learning tools.

Last edited:

vermontman

JCG

VM, this isn't exactly the same, but supports the theory. @Neiko and I have been growing a clone (Lemon Paki) for some time - 5years for me, more for Neiko. - that we received from a So. Cali grower who had had it himself for some time. We both noticed that the line was weakening after repeated cloning. I know there is debate about how long a plant can be cloned and we wanted to keep it fresh so I set about to reverse it. I was successful as you will see in the attached pic. Made a bunch of seeds (S1s) and have found the seeds and resulting plants are much more vigorous. Neiko told me his plants are reminding him of the very first clone he received. I just started a pheno hunt with these S1s and had a 100% germ. rate: 24/24.

I'm three weeks in to the hunt and am noticing a lot of variation in the plants as one would expect with S1s. This is my first attempt at selecting "a" keeper and I'm already seeing I may have to do this (hunt) a few more times.

BTW - there is limited knowledge of the origins/parentage of the Lemon Paki strain. I suspect it's a cross of a Lemon Thai and a Pakistan (Kush?). If you or anyone has any knowledge of this strain I'd appreciate hearing about it.

View attachment 18885196
Nice male "cola", I had a feminised Ice Cream Cake do the same thing.

RobFromTX

Zacatecas-Green pheno

Smell- like straight mango dank

Smoke- Smooth fruity taste without any harshness

Effect- very relaxing and introspective. Im very impressed with the effect after just a week of jar cure. It really does remind me of the oldschool mexican weed thats a perfect balance of euphoric and relaxing.

I'll try the purple pheno tomorrow. Really enjoying this stuff VTman (y):headbange

Attachments

• IMG_20230904_073638125.jpg
    IMG_20230904_073638125.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 58

goingrey

Zacatecas-Green pheno

Smell- like straight mango dank

Smoke- Smooth fruity taste without any harshness

Effect- very relaxing and introspective. Im very impressed with the effect after just a week of jar cure. It really does remind me of the oldschool mexican weed thats a perfect balance of euphoric and relaxing.

I'll try the purple pheno tomorrow. Really enjoying this stuff VTman (y):headbange
If Rob vouches for this Mexican hybrid then it has to be legit, IMO. Old mexibrick smokin' Texan, top expert in other words. :smokey:

vermontman

Seriously! How the heck are we in September already???!!!

And about September, how far into the month does Purple Satellite usually run?
I’m at 33° and they’re looking close but just threw a fresh set of pistils at me.
Hello Cactus!
Last time I ran Purple Satellite they were fully finished by Sept 17th at 42N. Pictures?