What's new

Green Mountain Seeds distribution agreement with ACE Seeds

Birmaan

Finally they get their turn :biggrin:
20230903_175316.jpg

Perdido

Will visit the Spot for harvest this week.
I recommend harvesting GMG at different stages. I harvested parts of it 3 weeks after ripening and it is still a phenomenal smoke. It gets more and more golden like the real stuff from the tropical regions and glands might fall off the buds like from a hash plant.
The effect is about the same - a lot darker than the earlier ones and more potent too. A real good sativa smoke, but not from the speedy side.
Its really worth waiting 3 weeks for this pleasure.

Cactus Squatter

Hello Cactus!
Last time I ran Purple Satellite they were fully finished by Sept 17th at 42N. Pictures?
71526608174__45415443-838B-4987-961E-3E144644BC16.jpeg

Had to do some emergency tie up on her the other day when a monsoon rolled through.
71526607137__88C6759A-8DC6-404D-A9EA-29DE81168C65.jpeg

IMG_8657.jpeg

IMG_8656.jpeg

IMG_8655.jpeg

They were not a fan of the heat this summer. I had about a 2 week period where they seemed to completely stall when our temps went over 115° every day and the lowest night time temp I saw was 93°.

They smell super Piney now.

RobFromTX

Purple pheno. Has more of a pina colada smell and the buds are more foxtail. my favorite of the two. The effect is about the same. Very euphoric and relaxing. I find this strain to have a medium potency effect with no crash, just perfect for the lightweight that Ive become. I'll be growing this one again for sure

Attachments

• IMG_20230904_141927096.jpg
    IMG_20230904_141927096.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 60

vermontman

Purple pheno. Has more of a pina colada smell and the buds are more foxtail. my favorite of the two. The effect is about the same. Very euphoric and relaxing. I find this strain to have a medium potency effect with no crash, just perfect for the lightweight that Ive become. I'll be growing this one again for sure
Awesome work there my friend!
Really gratified you are satisfied.

vermontman

View attachment 18886262
Had to do some emergency tie up on her the other day when a monsoon rolled through.
View attachment 18886263
View attachment 18886264
View attachment 18886266
View attachment 18886268

They were not a fan of the heat this summer. I had about a 2 week period where they seemed to completely stall when our temps went over 115° every day and the lowest night time temp I saw was 93°.

They smell super Piney now.
Awesome cactus!
' Thank you for sharing.
CHEERS

Mtshasta

My first time growing GMG and I am at 49N. Very happy with her, the last couple days she is really smelling nice. She almost smells like lililacs on the breeze, lovely smell . Buds are very resinous already, can't wait for the next few weeks.

Attachments

• IMG_5013.jpeg
    IMG_5013.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 81
  • IMG_5014.jpeg
    IMG_5014.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 93

vermontman

My first time growing GMG and I am at 49N. Very happy with her, the last couple days she is really smelling nice. She almost smells like lililacs on the breeze, lovely smell . Buds are very resinous already, can't wait for the next few weeks.
Hello @Mtshasta
Perfect! I believe you will be very pleased with her she is coming along beautifully so far.
But please keep us posted.
Great work!

Greencedar

I recommend harvesting GMG at different stages. I harvested parts of it 3 weeks after ripening and it is still a phenomenal smoke. It gets more and more golden like the real stuff from the tropical regions and glands might fall off the buds like from a hash plant.
The effect is about the same - a lot darker than the earlier ones and more potent too. A real good sativa smoke, but not from the speedy side.
It’s really worth waiting 3 weeks for this pleasure.
I harvested the tops on my green pheno and left everything else for 3 more weeks (second harvest near the end of October). I had a similar experience. I noticed the terpenes were more on the woody side and some of the fresh citrus notes were more in the background with the later buds. I like the high on both but would consider the buds harvested at the end of October to be a bit more introspective. For me the green pheno harvested early and cured around 2 months was super up and happy weed and had amazing flavour but perhaps a little less strong than the late harvest. Later in the cure it was a bit more relaxing but not sleepy at all. Purple pheno became really special after 3 months and was incredible just after the new year (4-6 months). There’s a creaminess and almost vanilla flavour that showed up later in the cure. I’ve had a similar pastry flavour from Ace NepJam. The high was strong and rockin! Still very happy smoke.

Greencedar

Hello @Greencedar!
Thank you for posting!
Awesome I love hearing the success stories but also important to here the no so, it just makes it better for everyone to judge how to make there grows go correct. By the way! Awesome purple pistils! As I like to be transparent and give as much cultural info as possible for all to succeed.
Just a rip on my very early Green Mountain Grape Fems, only three out of ten, though very very early, seem to lack the luster of the very early Green Mountain Grape that came from the regular seed stock. Though some really special plants are coming from the feminized seed line, I am starting to feel there is a bit of superiority from the regular seed. That being said they are both great, I think there needs to be more trials.
That being said right now I think regular seed rocks! I recently saw a letter from a dispensary grower/sales saying their Feminized clones do not hold up as their regular seed clones which I find extremely interesting. I have alaways thrived to set out to produce the most unique and the best.
Hey VM. All your help and good genetics make growing these plants a dream. I grew a pack of 10’GMG reg seeds and remember getting really high female numbers and ended up with a few plants that were really good so no complaints from the reg seeds here!. I think I posted it in the thread earlier, only one or two males if my memory is right. They’re all hardy plants and clone well.

vermontman

I harvested the tops on my green pheno and left everything else for 3 more weeks (second harvest near the end of October). I had a similar experience. I noticed the terpenes were more on the woody side and some of the fresh citrus notes were more in the background with the later buds. I like the high on both but would consider the buds harvested at the end of October to be a bit more introspective. For me the green pheno harvested early and cured around 2 months was super up and happy weed and had amazing flavour but perhaps a little less strong than the late harvest. Later in the cure it was a bit more relaxing but not sleepy at all. Purple pheno became really special after 3 months and was incredible just after the new year (4-6 months). There’s a creaminess and almost vanilla flavour that showed up later in the cure. I’ve had a similar pastry flavour from Ace NepJam. The high was strong and rockin! Still very happy smoke.
Hi @Greencedar!
Terrific smoke report beween your harvests and the two phenos. I keep one favorite purple pheno clone running just for home gardening, but damn its was hard to pick a favorite for me. Earlier I reported on the Feminized seed trials and the two earliest plants out of ten finished August 28th look beautiful but man there is no fragrance. The other seven are showing a slight pheno variation but all are purple since I selfed my favorite purple clone. That being said the remaining seven look pretty amazing considering I just stuck them in the soil with no amendments and never fed or watered them when they went out.
Thank you again I appreciate your sharing, it helps us all learn.
CHEERS!

vermontman

Hey VM. All your help and good genetics make growing these plants a dream. I grew a pack of 10’GMG reg seeds and remember getting really high female numbers and ended up with a few plants that were really good so no complaints from the reg seeds here!. I think I posted it in the thread earlier, only one or two males if my memory is right. They’re all hardy plants and clone well.
Perfect!
I did the Fem seed run for a couple of reasons but the main one was to find an earlier pheno to clone which in 2021 I ran 8 regular GMG and one was stunning, purple and early coming in Sept 1st
I cloned her but let her go. UUGGHH! I guess I though a clone of one that early would bolt right into flower when put out but her sister who is my keeper is about two weeks later but she stays right on track.
So next year I will run regs again to find that early sexy lady.